Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    "significant minority" as in "a good-sized, but outnumbered, chunk" or "significant minority" as in "not too many people agree with you?" It is the latter. The majority of Americans are in favor of the 2nd Amendment, with varying degrees of restrictions for felons, young people, the mentally unstable, clip size, number of guns allowed for purchase at one time, etc. I mean, that Amendment has never come close to having been repealed. That is unthinkable.
    It's true. I even have an uber-liberal friend who loves quoting Marx who still doesn't believe in repealing the second ammendment. He's more highly educated than most people I know, and not Southern, either.

So I don't know if the minority who wants guns banned in entirety is even significant. I'm not sure I've encountered it.

C'mon the USA is the biggest arms dealer in the world and has a gun culture to match.

So naturally the USA wants to export its guns and its gun culture to the world.

Spare us.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I agree that it should be possible to find a way to ban handguns and, later, more. For if the criminals have none, the victims need none.
    Untrue. There was a thread here about a women whose ex gouged out one of her eyes as her friends stood by helplessly. A handgun would have been handy.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Untrue. There was a thread here about a women whose ex gouged out one of her eyes as her friends stood by helplessly. A handgun would have been handy.
    And they would have been helpless with a gun in the purse. If you don't defend your friend without weapons, or with anything you find that can be used as a weapon, I doubt you'd do it with a gun either.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    If you don't defend your friend without weapons, or with anything you find that can be used as a weapon
    A weapon? We have those, we have a great many of those. We call them guns. Much more effective than whatever bullshit device you were thinking of using to pulverize a degenerate psychopath.

MBTI
    INTJ

And they would have been helpless with a gun in the purse. If you don't defend your friend without weapons, or with anything you find that can be used as a weapon, I doubt you'd do it with a gun either.
    Easy for you to say while sitting safely at home in your comfortable skirt-pants.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

So, it has come to my choice of clothes now... :rolli:

EDIT: Btw, from your point of view, you should also buy these pants, because it is a lot easier to kick someone in the face wearing these... Self-defense, man!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    A weapon? We have those, we have a great many of those. We call them guns. Much more effective than whatever bullshit device you were thinking of using to pulverize a degenerate psychopath.
    So, based on this logic and the above example:

1) Women should carry guns, because they are weaker than men and thus unable to defend themselves.
    2) Men should now carry guns as well, because now all women have guns, thus men are unable to defend themselves.
    3) Children should carry guns, because all women and men carry guns.

Don't you guys see that you let your fears control your lives and through that make your country less safe?

MBTI
    INTJ

So, it has come to my choice of clothes now... :rolli:

EDIT: Btw, from your point of view, you should also buy these pants, because it is a lot easier to kick someone in the face wearing these... Self-defense, man!
    Nah, kicking someone in the face is no reason not to look good.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Good for you a desert eagle under the belt will make anyone look good...