User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

Results 241 to 250 of 561

  1. #241
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    "significant minority" as in "a good-sized, but outnumbered, chunk" or "significant minority" as in "not too many people agree with you?" It is the latter. The majority of Americans are in favor of the 2nd Amendment, with varying degrees of restrictions for felons, young people, the mentally unstable, clip size, number of guns allowed for purchase at one time, etc. I mean, that Amendment has never come close to having been repealed. That is unthinkable.
    It's true. I even have an uber-liberal friend who loves quoting Marx who still doesn't believe in repealing the second ammendment. He's more highly educated than most people I know, and not Southern, either.

    So I don't know if the minority who wants guns banned in entirety is even significant. I'm not sure I've encountered it.

  2. #242
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,541

    Default

    C'mon the USA is the biggest arms dealer in the world and has a gun culture to match.

    So naturally the USA wants to export its guns and its gun culture to the world.

    Spare us.

  3. #243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I agree that it should be possible to find a way to ban handguns and, later, more. For if the criminals have none, the victims need none.
    Untrue. There was a thread here about a women whose ex gouged out one of her eyes as her friends stood by helplessly. A handgun would have been handy.

  4. #244
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    Untrue. There was a thread here about a women whose ex gouged out one of her eyes as her friends stood by helplessly. A handgun would have been handy.
    And they would have been helpless with a gun in the purse. If you don't defend your friend without weapons, or with anything you find that can be used as a weapon, I doubt you'd do it with a gun either.

  5. #245
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    If you don't defend your friend without weapons, or with anything you find that can be used as a weapon
    A weapon? We have those, we have a great many of those. We call them guns. Much more effective than whatever bullshit device you were thinking of using to pulverize a degenerate psychopath.

  6. #246
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    And they would have been helpless with a gun in the purse. If you don't defend your friend without weapons, or with anything you find that can be used as a weapon, I doubt you'd do it with a gun either.
    Easy for you to say while sitting safely at home in your comfortable skirt-pants.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  7. #247
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    So, it has come to my choice of clothes now... :rolli:

    EDIT: Btw, from your point of view, you should also buy these pants, because it is a lot easier to kick someone in the face wearing these... Self-defense, man!

  8. #248
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    A weapon? We have those, we have a great many of those. We call them guns. Much more effective than whatever bullshit device you were thinking of using to pulverize a degenerate psychopath.
    So, based on this logic and the above example:

    1) Women should carry guns, because they are weaker than men and thus unable to defend themselves.
    2) Men should now carry guns as well, because now all women have guns, thus men are unable to defend themselves.
    3) Children should carry guns, because all women and men carry guns.

    Don't you guys see that you let your fears control your lives and through that make your country less safe?

  9. #249
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    So, it has come to my choice of clothes now... :rolli:

    EDIT: Btw, from your point of view, you should also buy these pants, because it is a lot easier to kick someone in the face wearing these... Self-defense, man!
    Nah, kicking someone in the face is no reason not to look good.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  10. #250
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Good for you a desert eagle under the belt will make anyone look good...

Similar Threads

  1. Teachers stage fake gun attack on kids
    By digesthisickness in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:35 PM
  2. I've got issues...
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 10:28 PM
  3. Iraq-Bound Soldier Hires Hitman To Shoot Him
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO