User Tag List

First 234

Thread: I love Berkeley

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    And you know it. Or at least I hope you do.
    I don't think he knows it, FM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    They don't want people being mislead to enlist
    No. They don't want people to enlist. If they didn't want people to be mislead then they would offer up their own information, not attempt to prevent all enlistment in the area. And are there moral wars? War isn't fought because people just want to do the right thing.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    And are there moral wars? War isn't fought because people just want to do the right thing.
    I'm not certain of this. I think a country could conceivably do everything right and still end up in a war.

I'm not talking about any country in particular, I'm just talking about a hypothetical country.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I'm not certain of this. I think a country could conceivably do everything right and still end up in a war.

I'm not talking about any country in particular, I'm just talking about a hypothetical country.
    I would agree with that. I simply meant that rarely is a war motivated solely by moral riteousness (sp).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I would agree with that. I simply meant that rarely is a war motivated solely by moral riteousness (sp).
    Interesting question. It's not hard to pick out potential examples, though. For example, Belgium in 1940. They're sitting there minding their own business and being neutral, and WHAM all of a sudden Germany has blitzkrieged all over their @sses on the way to go take France.

It wasn't anything Belgium did. They just happened to be sitting on the shortest way around the Maginot Line.

MBTI
    INFP

I just got back from Sacramento, CA Tuesday. We spent a great day at Half Moon Bay and enjoyed a great concert at UC Davis. As much as I love it in beautiful California, I am SO glad I don't live there. The folks in Berkeley have lost their minds.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters