User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

So how did this turn out? The water cleared out by now? I had no idea the flooding was that colossal. From New Orleans to Australia with care: Best wishes on your recovery.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    So how did this turn out? The water cleared out by now? I had no idea the flooding was that colossal. From New Orleans to Australia with care: Best wishes on your recovery.
    I am still paying attention to this and it seems that the problems are far from being over.

However you will have to ask Aussies if you want more details or subjective opinion.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am still paying attention to this and it seems that the problems are far from being over.

However you will have to ask Aussies if you want more details or subjective opinion.
    A category 4 cyclone?! Poor Queensland

This summer's La Nina is out of control. We've already had 2 cyclones in 2 weeks here in NZ, and February (the warmest month) has only just begun.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Topical Cyclone Yasi has been upgraded to Category 5 and is set to hit northern Queensland in a few hours. Tens of thousands evacuating.

Forecasters: Cyclone poses 'serious threat to life' in Queensland

Satellite images
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ----

it's incredible timing. worst cyclone to hit australia since 1918.
    la nina is a nasty girl.

Oh wow. I hope they are organized with the evacuations and get everyone out in time...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

There's web feeds for Townsville and Cairns: Townsville, Cairns

At the moment they look deserted. The storm is meant to be strongest at 9pm to 10pm tonight AEST. In about 5 hours.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

To give you an idea of how big this Cyclone (or typhoon or hurricane if you're used to those terms) is:

IF you're struggling to grasp the magnitude of Tropical Cyclone Yasi, consider this: it is so large it would almost cover the United States, most of Asia and large parts of Europe.

Most of the coverage about the scale of Yasi has tried to compare it with storms of the past - it's bigger than Larry, more powerful than Tracy.

But just as powerful is this comparison, showing this storm is continental in size. The main bloc of the cyclone is 500km wide, while its associated activity, shown above in a colour-coding to match intensity, stretches over 2000km.

The storm's scale of destruction is as shocking as it is inevitable. In the map above, the United States from Pennsylvania in the east to Nevada in the west, from Georgia in the south to Canada in the north and well into Mexico would be battered with 300km/h winds and up to one metre of rain.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...-1225998762870

Those are powerful visuals. The one of the eye covering the north of NZ is freaky.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    That is freakin insane.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte