User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I wouldn't suggest judging people in a situation unless you've been in the situation yourself.

I did that once- I found that I was terribly mistaken in my judgements.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Im just saying this is how I feel, and my freedom I value more than anything in my life. I value it more than my life itself, cause with out the freedom to make my own decisions and my life what I want it to be. Then I feel their is no point to it, and if there is no fighting against what is takeing my freedom away then I would choose death. And just the same way you say how I dont know what its like to be in that position so I cant truly say what I would do. You cause cant truly say what I would do or feel cause as far as I know mankind has come to be collective mind yet. And you cant know how it is I feel. I do not base my feelings of just whims I base them of my experiences and my experiences show that haveing your freedom tooken away is the most horrible thing that could ever happen. Once again I do not think that slavery is right but not fighting for your freedom is even wronger.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Oh sorry for slightly leaving out a letter in word here or forgetting to use single letter words in my sentences. I just get overtly impatient and my fingers tend to move slower then my mind. So to keep try and keep up I suppose I sub-consciously choose to not put in a letter here or there, especially when it would be important to lol.
    SDMF

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

there's worse things that can happen to you...

and no matter how you think you can understand a situation intellectually from the outside, you'll never fully understand it the same way that you would if you were in that situation. I would personally never make the mistake of judging slaves for not rebelling

Anyways- the problem of placing slaves who spoke different native languages together and the fact that they were in a strange land made the idea of rebelling more difficult too.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

First of all name a few things that in your oponion could be worse?

And to the latter im sure this is true, but none the less I cant help the way I feel. Im just speaking about those feelings out loud and people who are too immature to have a polite debate instead feel the need to bash. Which is not helping, if their trying to change my point of view.
    SDMF

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I haven't been the slightest bit immature so far, I've pointed out facts in a polite manner.

And I'd rather not discuss my personal life, but there are definitley worse things that can happen to a person.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Oh not you Whatever, im enjoying our polite discusion. I just didnt say any names cause I want to keep it just that, polite.

And sorry if it seemed like I was prying into your personal life, I just cant honestly think of anything worse than haveing your freedom tooken away.(obviously why its so aggravateing to me that they didnt fight back)
    SDMF

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

to have your dignity and self respect taken away and your faith in humanity undermined- all at once- that's worse than having your freedom taken away any day to me- it takes away your WILL to even fight against anything because you beleive that your not worth anything better

and I can assume that these feelings probably were underlying reasons why the slaves didn't rebel as well, in which case I can understand the situation perfectly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Thats how I feel when my freedom is tooken away. Now im not gona go into my personal life either but Ive had my freedom stripped from me and was not able to take it back, by force or any other means. And when that happened my dignity, self-respect, and faith in humanity went with it, temporaily any ways until I got my freedom back that is.

So I see where your comeing from its just our oponions differ on the matter, which if they didnt we wouldnt be human so im thankful for that.
    SDMF

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it would merely matter as to what was taken from you first as to your desire to fight then it may seem!