First 4567816 Last

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Killing kids is fucked up.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    And if he acted alone AND he's schizophrenic, how much of that will be lost under the current political climate?
    This is the thing if he was paranoid someone could easily have implanted some crazy shit in his head, for instance direct his fears to some person/idea, and pushed him to take action.
    It is possible....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

The image on the right, taken from store video footage, is apparently of the man who fled the scene.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

It's a shame that shootings like this are politicised so quickly these days. It could have simply been a loon, hasnt anyone seen Taxi Driver?

Anyway, I think its fair enough that people worry or agonise when something like this happens, its normal empathy, what I've seen so far about this isnt on a par with the Diana death. Its similar in so far as there were political, or at least conspiracy, theorising about both incidents and each where occasions for the out pouring of other grievances (in the UK it was anti-royalism, in this case there's a lot of left and right wing comment).

So far as any comment that its a result of it being easy for nuts to get guns, I dont think so, its not that easy, and in the wake of incidents whether its common nuts or political nuts there's as big an argument for there being more, not less, guns because someone could have drawn down on the gun man and prevented more deaths. I very recently saw a vid of a guy pulling a gun at a parent teacher evening and following seriously badly aimed shots at the panel of teachers someone hiding at the back of the theatre was able to shot the guy and therefore stop the threat to innocent lives.

MBTI
    ENTP

more guns =/= more safety

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

She is alive, but in critical condition:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...g_N.htm?csp=hf

Doctors are optimistic about a full recovery:

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ting-/1?csp=hf

Everyone please pray for her and the other victims.

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I haven't really seen any discussion about what causes events like this. Yes, he was seemingly schizophrenic, but politicians and the media (especially, imo, the Republicans and FOX News and certain liberal newscasters such as Olbermann) are pumping vitriol, paranoia, and fear into the public. Glenn Beck is kind of the poster child of that campaign, and he hasn't been properly condemned. The Rally to Restore Sanity seemed like it was supposed to confront that, but it didn't do much. Is there something else we can do? How do we restore integrity and responsibility to journalism and politics? Is it hopeless?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

This whole situation is terrible. I'm glad Gabrielle Giffords is still alive (if not in great shape), but what about that poor 9-year-old girl? This kid who killed all those people has ended a bunch of people's lives and seriously wounded others. Now he has to live with that the rest of his life; he can't un-do it. Whether that will actually bother him or not, who knows. The problem is so many others are suffering because of him and what he did.

I wish people like him could only hurt themselves.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    more guns =/= more safety
    You might be wrong in this case. Sounds like someone in the crowd was packing and returned fire at the gunman.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    XXFP

Frustrating and sad in so many ways.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.