User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

which I should have clarified in my post.
    Well maybe you should think before you type next time.

I have never claimed any love for retards like beck palin or rush.

Why are you ascribing such affections to me?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Well maybe you should think before you type next time.

I have never claimed any love for retards like beck palin or rush.

Why are you ascribing such affections to me?
    You of all people telling me to think before I type is a rich irony which I will savor with effusive laughter.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I do think before I type.

I take back nothing that I have ever written here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's proof of arrogance, not careful rational thought.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

[IMG]flame removed[/IMG]
    This is a perfect example of why political discourse in this country has been futile for so long. It's either my way or the proverbial highway (that goes for both sides, but I will say that you don't hear Democrats stating they will hold Congress and all bills "hostage" until they get exactly what they want). Many seem to have a hard time listening to any opinion contrary to their own and refuse to find common ground.

The focus should be on collaboration not compromise, so the feeling of being slighted and shortchanged is minimized.
    Last edited by Randomnity; 01-11-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: flame removed
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Part of the problem is also fear. There are people on the left who are afraid, and people on the right who are afraid. There's this sense of alienation and terror, which I think is exaggerated on both sides, but I find it much harder to sympathize with a party who has a significant segment of their voters who say things like "the communiss are coming!" and "Obama wasn't born in the U.S.!" and "academics are evil!" I mean, when you've got people who deeply and emotionally buy into conspiracy theories, including anti-education sentiments, how can you reason with those people?

I do realize that not everyone on the right is like this, and I was able to become more moderate through a combination by being offended by the left's own version of looniness re: unwarranted cries of "that's racist!" and "the Republicans are all evil materialistic people who want your children to starve!" et al, plus logical explanations from people who lean more right.

There are rational, educated people on the right, and I apologize for not making that clear in my earlier post, but it appears as though a bunch of 8th grade drop-out Fundie Christians who get sexual pleasure out of firing guns has hijacked their party.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

:rolli:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why are you rolling your eyes instead of acknowledging that large numbers of voters on the right ARE LIKE THIS? This is why so many educated former Republicans are becoming Libertarian, I think.

I just don't know that Libertarianism is the right answer, either, and seems just as extreme and idealistic as communism in its own special way.

I fully acknowledge that there are lunatics and idiots on the left, but fortunately most of them have been to college and don't blindly follow Pastor Bob on missions to punish the fags that God hates dead.

I do think before I type.
    Ever thought about outsourcing?

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    This is a perfect example of why political discourse in this country has been futile for so long. It's either my way or the proverbial highway (that goes for both sides, but I will say that you don't hear Democrats stating they will hold Congress and all bills "hostage" until they get exactly what they want).
    But it's not JUST that. Disco's graphic response is also indicative of frustration at the way people with different views from yours will lump you in with idiots and psychos. I can't speak for what kind of conservative Disco is, but I've also felt the sting that results when others fail to acknowledge that my politics might be more nuanced than those of a bleating TV pundit. Liberal and conservative, Republican and Democrat are dichotomies that don't provide anything more than a hint of what any individual's politics are about. A lot of the vitriol on a personal level could be avoided if we remember that.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari