User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Drugs and Drug use are widely accepted now

This is what I find anyway, would you agree or disagree or what have you found yourselves?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's said that beer was what allowed civilization to exist. How many thousands of years ago was that?

What I've found is that pot usage has come out of hiding but the number of users aren't noticeably different.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Drugs...nom nom nom..
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFP

It depends on the drug.

Alcohol and caffeine are pretty much widely accepted and ingrained into our culture. Opiates and benzos are socially okay if you can fake an anxiety or pain problem at the doctors office. Cannabis use has been prevalent for decades, but is becoming socially more acceptable more now than it has been in a while. Hallucinogenic drugs are giant no-nos, and the spiritual use of any is immediately laughed at. Heroin and meth have very few people supporting use beyond those that use. Not enough people bat an eye when we put kids on powerful amphetamines to make them tweak into focusing. (and don't think for a second kids are stupid. You can find online places that give kids tips on how to fake ADD to get adderall)

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Besides the Big 3.... alcohol, nicotine, and marijuana. Not really.

Of yeah, caffeine, but I barely even count caffeine.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cybin View Post
    It depends on the drug.

Alcohol and caffeine are pretty much widely accepted and ingrained into our culture. Opiates and benzos are socially okay if you can fake an anxiety or pain problem at the doctors office. Cannabis use has been prevalent for decades, but is becoming socially more acceptable more now than it has been in a while. Hallucinogenic drugs are giant no-nos, and the spiritual use of any is immediately laughed at. Heroin and meth have very few people supporting use beyond those that use. Not enough people bat an eye when we put kids on powerful amphetamines to make them tweak into focusing. (and don't think for a second kids are stupid. You can find online places that give kids tips on how to fake ADD to get adderall)
    It also depends on the culture, there are a lot of places where daily drug use (not alcohol or caffeine) is pretty normal. Khat, betel nuts, etc.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Disagree. When I was in prison, I met people there who had very long sentences for selling or transporting drugs. You can get much more prison time for that than for vehicular manslaughter or rape. The legal system is a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is what I find anyway, would you agree or disagree or what have you found yourselves?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Prescription drug use seems to very accepted and abused...
    Marijuana, even though it's coming out of the closet much more, needs to be legalized. The good that plant can do never ceases to amaze me...i honestly don't want to know where i would be without marijuana, probably in a ditch with a needle in my arm.

I've never been able to wrap my head around drug laws... how can someone tell you what you can or can't put in your own body. As long as you aren't hurting others because of it... and if that was the real reason drugs were illegal then so should alcohol. People don't smoke a j, get violent and beat up their wife... people do however get loaded and hurt the people they love and wouldn't have done so otherwise.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont think of alcohol and caffine as drugs, that's not what I was talking about but I do think that mentioning them for the purposes of comparisons is part of what I was talking about.