User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Drugs and Drug use are widely accepted now

4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    To those who asked in this thread: A functioning alcoholic does go to work after/while drinking. Functioning alcoholics need to drink everyday in order to function normally, or they will have severe unpleasant physiological effects. Because of this they have a "pick me up" drink in the mornings before going off to work, similarly to how some people drink coffee in the mornings to start their day. You'd never know these people were drunk because they appear normal and function well enough in their jobs.

I see your definition.

I guess mine differs, because I would call somebody who doesn't necessarily go to work after drinking, but who just comes home and gets drunk every night, and then wakes up the next day to go to work, a functioning alcoholic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    My guestimation is that at least one out of every eight or so service industry and manual labor workers you'll meet is a functional user.
    Pretty decent estimate.

I also am friends with somebody majoring in theoretical mathematics at a well known university who smokes a ton of weed on a daily basis.
    Me too.

Weed is somewhat of a godsend to people who work boring/stressful/exhausting jobs, I think, prettymuch irregardless of class or pay.

I can't tell you how many people I know making six figure incomes who smoke weed somewhat regularly.

Not every day necessarily, but anywhere from about once a month to a number of times a week.

I think a lot of people don't realize exactly how widespread it's use really is.

But it's getting out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    If anyone gave the tiniest bit of consideration to what the underclass goes through, it would be obvious that they're mostly escaping through drugs and alcohol. But, the point is, we do not consider them.
    Fe tert.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    THC, being present in marijuana, naturally corresponds to the neurons of the human brain. If it weren't for our evolutionary history, we would not receive the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Honestly, I think that Lark isn't a far cry from those conservatives and D.A.R.E. advocates who portray "street" drugs as a horror with bat wings by dumbly clumping them in this "evil, omnipresent drug" category.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 01-06-2011 at 07:42 PM.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - XwX Xdw XwX sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6

I'm with a friend in the park ..and this guy we know (alcoholic) comes to us.
    Him: Hey what's up..want some vodka?
    Me: No
    Him: have your own bottle.