User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am a bit libertarian when it comes to illegal narcotics (drugs is just too general a term although fun in moderation [and an occasional binge] some abuser of alcohol really get out of hand) and the huge prison sentences people get for violating prohibition.

That being said some narcotics really fuck up peoples lives (esp. methamphetamine, crack and heroin) and the epidemic relating to those drugs should be addressed (esp treatment vs. incarceration)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm sorry I started this thread now that its descended into semantics so quickly.

Anyway like I said implying that there's parity or equivalence between caffine and alcohol and drugs was not the purpose of the thread although it proves the point I began with in the original post, drug us IS widely supported and socially acceptable now.

As acceptable as coffee and alcohol. I believe that's a shame.
    Semantics are important. What you are saying is that it's a shame that illegal drug use is as acceptable as legal drug use. Whether this is a shame or not to me depends on why one drug is legal and the other isn't.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Humans have been altering their minds with chemicals for thousands, perhaps even hundreds of thousands, of years. Why did certain people in the last 100 years decide that was something that needed to be policed by the state?

Thankfully, the purityrannical temperance movement of the 19th century is finally losing steam.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Have you ever smoked weed, Lark?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

I suppose it's easy enough to stave off cognitive dissonance by considering a certain drug that your religion just happens to use ceremonially to be "not a drug"...
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Yeah, Lark, you really have no footing here, and, frankly, if you're gunna take the position that it seems you are taking, I'm gunna have to admit that, knowing that, I now have less respect for you.

To not be against the use of alcohol, but to be against the use of marijuana, is ridiculous.

If you think God thinks one is fine and the other is not, then you are stupid.

If you think marijuana is more harmful than alcohol, then you are stupid.

So unless you have some other explanation as to why marijuana should be considered a "drug", and alcohol and caffeine not, which is basically to say that marijuana should be considered a "bad" drug, while alcohol and caffeine are "good/fine/ok/acceptable" drugs, because, by the actual definition of a drug, they are all technically drugs, then I can only come to one conclusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm aware that many people choose to sit on the fence when it comes to really difficult topics. That's alright.
    I've given my stance. That it doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean fence sitting. Life's not two-dimensional, something that as an intuitive, you should be able to grasp.

I've highlighted a part of your post because you've missed or choosen to ignore my previous post:

There you go. I could bold my posts in future to avoid any kind of mistake if that would help you out.
    Are you honestly always this concrete in your thinking that you couldn't grasp my points about alcohol that addresses your comment about equivalency? Good lord man, you need to allow Ni some air.

MBTI
    INTP

Liquid bread was a brilliant invention that has no doubt played a significant role in shaping our civilization, along with many other sculptors.

I would not be so quick to say that we accept this more NOW than we did at any other given point in our history, but I would love to hear a real, in-depth argument.

This isn't intended to be an insult in any way Lark but have you ever considered ESTJ? Bear in mind that I'm no typologist.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I don't think Lark is coming back in this thread.

I think he realizes that his stance is not welcome here.