123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Unified Quest 2011: US Military preparing for "economic breakdown"

It seems the US military is already preparing for some kind of "worst case scenario" in the near future, making contingency plans for an all out economic collapse, civil unrest situation.

Here's the article:

The majority of Americans believe that recent government intervention into financial markets, the economy and corporate insolvency has reversed the economic downturn which was described by former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson as being “on the brink” in 2008. The stimulus, bailouts and unrelenting quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve have thus far been perceived as having averted the further erosion of the U.S. real estate and equities markets. And though the Federal Reserve and economic analysts have recently readjusted their economic growth forecasts downward for the next six months, Americans no longer have to worry about, as Rep. Brad Sherman (D-CA) said on the house floor in October of 2008, the sky falling, multi-thousand point drops in stock markets and martial law in America.

The recovery - if our government, the Federal Reserve and mainstream media are to be believed - is on the road to recovery - albeit slowly and with some more pain ahead.

If we’ve “prevented economic collapse” and “avoided the depression many feared,” according to President Obama, inquiring minds are asking why the Pentagon and US Military are actively and aggressively engaged in planning responsive action to large scale economic breakdown and civil unrest scenarios:

Ever since the crash of 2008 the defense intelligence establishment has really been paying a lot of attention to global markets and how they can serve as a threat to U.S. national security interests. At one upcoming seminar next month they’re taking a look at a lot of the issues.
    source: see CNBC video report below

According to the report, the Army has spent time on financial market trading floors with JP Morgan and others, in the hopes that they can learn more about how a financial and economic attack may occur, and what the ramifications of such attacks on US stocks and bonds may be.

The Army, in a year-long war games series called Unified Quest 2011, is looking at a variety of possibilities and how to deal with them, including:

•the implications of “large scale economic breakdown” inside of the United States
    •how to maintain “domestic order amid civil unrest”
    •and ways to deal with fragmented global power and drastically lower budgets
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

The global crisis brought concerns to the forefront. It's similar to what happened after 9/11 when regulatory bodies all over North America and other countries, mandated disaster recovery or contingency planning.

I think this is a good thing. Who knows what might happen in the next few decades.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Any links to where this article is from?

I'm seriously suspiscious you know that the shock therapy disaster capitalism which has been tried out abroad is about to be "brought home" for the domestic populaces of most of the countries where the big players originated, it'd be evidence of two things for me, one that the states/political classes of these countries have lost all interest altogether in trying to mitigate the worst consequences of capitalism for their populations and second, that capitalism has truly entered into its zombi living dead stage of existence, well past its expiry date, when you have to tolerate avoidable suffering to keep profits rolling there's something really wrong.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I believe the military has to prepare for each worst (and I'm really talking about the bottom 0.1 percentile of the distribution of future events) case scenario. They did prepare for a potential nuclear war during the cold war, and now they have to prepare for a potential complete economic collapse. They're doing everyone a favor, in many ways: it can be a nice way to develop energy-saving technology by exploiting military-directed funds. I personally believe an army should focus on these kind of problems, rather than trying to find nonexistant weapons of mass destruction.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Any links to where this article is from?
    Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DInGq0mIWro
    For where you can find the article, you can just google "unified quest 2011 war games" and there will be a bunch of links from various websites.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENFJ

Wait wait wait WAAAAAAIT a second.

We had war plans in case we need to invade our closest allies, global flooding, zombie takeover, alien invasion, girl-scout run military coups... and we still don't have a plan for this yet?

It's official. America is stupid.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Wait wait wait WAAAAAAIT a second.

We had war plans in case we need to invade our closest allies, global flooding, zombie takeover, alien invasion, girl-scout run military coups... and we still don't have a plan for this yet?

It's official. America is stupid.
    Sounds like a bad joke to me too.

I dont know if America is stupid but they are definitly the drama queens in the World . Dont even know what's your problem, if you watch american governmental money dealings with all this complicated economic stuff regarding the Federal Reserve, you'll see that the whole worlds economy has gone to hell a long time ago and is far from being what it should be in theory. But even if you're broke as a government, you'll continue to make money with tax payers, cause noone can really shutdown your business.

There will be a political economical reset and with new markets emerging, like FDG said renewable-energy and energy-saving technologies, financial situations will be quickly forgotten cause everyone will again concentrate more on cool technology and not notice what's going on in those zillions of economical scenarios of doom.

I dont understand the need for drama, America is a young nation. Watch Europe our childbirth ratio is down thru the cellar, in a couple of years the majority of people in Europe will be so old that we will all be extinct and a lot of space will be for rent over the Ocean
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Apocalyptic war games seem so vain, to me. The last thing I can see myself doing in the wake of an economic & social collapse is taking orders from some suits that can't even pay my bills anymore. Which really just means that, if I were the one making the war games, the first thing I would consider is how to deal with double-digit desertion figures.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Sounds like a bad joke to me too.

I dont know if America is stupid but they are definitly the drama queens in the World . Dont even know what's your problem, if you watch american governmental money dealings with all this complicated economic stuff regarding the Federal Reserve, you'll see that the whole worlds economy has gone to hell a long time ago and is far from being what it should be in theory. But even if you're broke as a government, you'll continue to make money with tax payers, cause noone can really shutdown your business.
    There will be a political economical reset and with new markets emerging, like FDG said renewable-energy and energy-saving technologies, financial situations will be quickly forgotten cause everyone will again concentrate more on cool technology and not notice what's going on in those zillions of economical scenarios of doom.

I dont understand the need for drama, America is a young nation. Watch Europe our childbirth ratio is down thru the cellar, in a couple of years the majority of people in Europe will be so old that we will all be extinct and a lot of space will be for rent over the Ocean
    I smell market libertarian.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I smell market libertarian.
    What's the point of labeling everything?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp