User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    And "a majority of Muslims in Nigeria", now that you look back at it, you know wasn't cool.
    1.) How about lay members of the Westboro Baptist church, which is quite disinct from most other Baptists? I have sympathy for the children indictrinated into that belief system, but adult members with developed rational facilities are morally responsible for the beliefs they retain.

2.) Polls are supposed to represent the views of actual people; its the entire purpose of their existence. I'm assuming that the polls roughly reflect what a majority of Nigerian Muslims actually believe. The only part of my previous post I regret on a personal level is the adjective 'worthless,' which was simplistic and somewhat unfair (even the child-raping Greeks had some good points, after all). In any event, my statements concerning the Muslims of Nigeria are by any standard objectvely less harsh than my statements regarding Egypt, Jordan, and Pakistan, so why single that out?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    1.) How about lay members of the Westboro Baptist church, which is quite disinct from most other Baptists? I have sympathy for the children indictrinated into that belief system, but adult members with developed rational facilities are morally responsible for the beliefs they retain.
    I take sympathy for the kids too. If you or I was raised in that family, it would be us smiling with the signs.

As far as I know it's one big extended family... with Phelps and a few other guys as the ringleaders. And believe me, I know Christians are against them them en masse, Baptists would love nothing better than to not have their name in their name.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    2.) Polls are supposed to represent the views of actual people; its the entire purpose of their existence. I'm assuming that the polls roughly reflect what a majority of Nigerian Muslims actually believe. The only part of my previous post I regret on a personal level is the adjective 'worthless,' which was simplistic and somewhat unfair (even the child-raping Greeks had some good points, after all). In any event, my statements concerning the Muslims of Nigeria are by any standard objectvely less harsh than my statements regarding Egypt, Jordan, and Pakistan, so why single that out?
    Who knows. Maybe it was a landline poll survey... and young adults with cell phones don't get included. We have the same problem with polls here, and the youth in the middle east does surprisingly use cell phones (not just to blow up things, that .0001 percent). If so, there'd be less support for death penalty in the poll. Yeah, 'Worthless' applied to any ethnic or religious group, even your own, is weak.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

i think we need a petition so that we can move all the muslims of the middle east to europe and USA so we can liberalize them in the name of freedom.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Will some goddamn NF just make this their avi plzels?

I dont like the labels of moderate and extreme, to be honest if someone is extreme in their spirituality but doesnt interfer with or seek to impose it upon others then I say good luck to them, the Amish are pretty extreme, no moderation there, about modernism and the machine age at least but they arent a threat to anyone.

A lot of young people like to describe themselves as extremist, or the like the extreme because they associate it with the definite, assurity, cohering and consistent and think of moderation is a lot less favourable terms. To be honest I think in the developed world this may also be reflected in popular culture and advertising, no one boasts about a night of moderate intemperence, no it was the binge drinking which left the bar with no beer. So I think those labels could just help the political elements who want to exploit young and transform them into assets and human bombs and totally use them as a pawn.