User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 173

Thread: Super Tuesday

  1. #71
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    So is this going to be the year that Republicans just don't vote?

    That works for me.
    1. I wouldn't know, I'm registered Independent, and
    2. Please don't be rude.

  2. #72
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Who will be the best person to improve our economy, especially if we are in a recession (which is likely where we're heading)?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  3. #73
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    1. I wouldn't know, I'm registered Independent, and
    2. Please don't be rude.
    Oh sorry. I just assumed you were of the Republican/Libertarian mindset. I have to constantly be on the attack when it comes to those types.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Who will be the best person to improve our economy, especially if we are in a recession which is likely where we're heading?
    None of the above. McCain is for tax cuts, and Obama and Hilary are for refunds. Either way, it improves the situation only temporarily. We need to curb government spending, pass legislation to limit who credit card companies can sell their services to, settle the immigration issue, do something to curtail the rising cost of Social Security and Medicaid, do something about the skyrocketing home foreclosure rates, and find a solution to rising energy costs. All those factors tie into our current economy woes and none of them can be solved by tax cuts or refunds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  4. #74
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Who will be the best person to improve our economy, especially if we are in a recession (which is likely where we're heading)?
    The one who will balance the budget and control the tax burden on both individuals and businesses.

    If you want to know which candidate that corresponds to, well, you're out of luck, because none of the front-runners are willing to do that. If you're willing to bet on a (very) long shot, Ron Paul is one.

  5. #75
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The one who will balance the budget and control the tax burden on both individuals and businesses.

    If you want to know which candidate that corresponds to, well, you're out of luck, because none of the front-runners are willing to do that. If you're willing to bet on a (very) long shot, Ron Paul is one.
    I disagree with that. He just wants to eliminate government involvement as much as possible. And while that may sound good on paper, it means the loss of possibly hundreds of thousands of jobs. Not a good strategy going into a recession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  6. #76
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Oh sorry.
    I accept your apology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I just assumed you were of the Republican/Libertarian mindset.
    I am a libertarian-minded Constitutionalist conservative, it's true, but I have nothing against you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I have to constantly be on the attack when it comes to those types.
    Hopefully I can be an exception to your rule.

  7. #77
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I accept your apology.


    I am a libertarian-minded Constitutionalist conservative, it's true, but I have nothing against you.
    That's hard to believe because...
    1. I'm bisexual
    2. I'm going to one day feeding from the "government trough" as a social worker

    Hopefully I can be an exception to your rule.
    You certainly much nicer than most libertarian minded conservatives I encounter. It must be because we agree on the Constitutionalist part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  8. #78
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    That's hard to believe because...
    1. I'm bisexual
    2. I'm going to one day feeding from the "government trough" as a social worker

    You certainly much nicer than most libertarian minded conservatives I encounter. It must be because we agree on the Constitutionalist part.
    Or maybe it's because I've decided that 1. and 2. above aren't sufficient reason to act as though I hate you?

    Your sexuality is your deal, not mine. With regard to your chosen profession, honest responsible people can disagree about its relative value without being mortal enemies, or even being rude to one another.

    At least, I think so.

    Oh... looks like I'm in the process of derailing the thread. To get it back on course:

    Go Ron Paul! (yay!)

  9. #79
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I disagree with that. He just wants to eliminate government involvement as much as possible. And while that may sound good on paper, it means the loss of possibly hundreds of thousands of jobs. Not a good strategy going into a recession.
    Would it really be that bad for people who produce absolutely nothing to be forced to enter a segment of the economy that actually produces something? People complain about trade deficits, but if we don't produce anything we have nothing to trade.

    Ron Paul wouldn't be able to just eliminate all those jobs with a wave of his hand, anyway. And even if he could, he wouldn't be sending people pink slips the day he's inaugurated. It would likely be a gradual phase-out, over many years.

  10. #80
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Would it really be that bad for people who produce absolutely nothing to be forced to enter a segment of the economy that actually produces something? People complain about trade deficits, but if we don't produce anything we have nothing to trade.

    Ron Paul wouldn't be able to just eliminate all those jobs with a wave of his hand, anyway. And even if he could, he wouldn't be sending people pink slips the day he's inaugurated. It would likely be a gradual phase-out, over many years.
    My response to your post. Second paragraph.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...79-post52.html

    The whole, "The only people who have value in society are those who produce" argument is a load of shit in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Similar Threads

  1. super noob
    By Chloe relic in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 12:14 PM
  2. Super Smash Brothers
    By Mondo in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 09:53 PM
  3. The Id, Ego and Super Ego
    By truth in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 03:22 PM
  4. Happy Super Fun Time with Hexis
    By Hexis in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO