User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Super Tuesday

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    So is this going to be the year that Republicans just don't vote?

That works for me.
    1. I wouldn't know, I'm registered Independent, and
    2. Please don't be rude.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Who will be the best person to improve our economy, especially if we are in a recession (which is likely where we're heading)?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    1. I wouldn't know, I'm registered Independent, and
    2. Please don't be rude.
    Oh sorry. I just assumed you were of the Republican/Libertarian mindset. I have to constantly be on the attack when it comes to those types.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Who will be the best person to improve our economy, especially if we are in a recession which is likely where we're heading?
    None of the above. McCain is for tax cuts, and Obama and Hilary are for refunds. Either way, it improves the situation only temporarily. We need to curb government spending, pass legislation to limit who credit card companies can sell their services to, settle the immigration issue, do something to curtail the rising cost of Social Security and Medicaid, do something about the skyrocketing home foreclosure rates, and find a solution to rising energy costs. All those factors tie into our current economy woes and none of them can be solved by tax cuts or refunds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Who will be the best person to improve our economy, especially if we are in a recession (which is likely where we're heading)?
    The one who will balance the budget and control the tax burden on both individuals and businesses.

If you want to know which candidate that corresponds to, well, you're out of luck, because none of the front-runners are willing to do that. If you're willing to bet on a (very) long shot, Ron Paul is one.

MBTI
    OMNi

The one who will balance the budget and control the tax burden on both individuals and businesses.

If you want to know which candidate that corresponds to, well, you're out of luck, because none of the front-runners are willing to do that. If you're willing to bet on a (very) long shot, Ron Paul is one.
    I disagree with that. He just wants to eliminate government involvement as much as possible. And while that may sound good on paper, it means the loss of possibly hundreds of thousands of jobs. Not a good strategy going into a recession.

Oberon

Oh sorry.
    I accept your apology.

I just assumed you were of the Republican/Libertarian mindset.
    I am a libertarian-minded Constitutionalist conservative, it's true, but I have nothing against you.

I have to constantly be on the attack when it comes to those types.
    Hopefully I can be an exception to your rule.

MBTI
    OMNi

I accept your apology.

I am a libertarian-minded Constitutionalist conservative, it's true, but I have nothing against you.
    That's hard to believe because...
    1. I'm bisexual
    2. I'm going to one day feeding from the "government trough" as a social worker

Hopefully I can be an exception to your rule.
    You certainly much nicer than most libertarian minded conservatives I encounter. It must be because we agree on the Constitutionalist part.

Oberon

That's hard to believe because...
    1. I'm bisexual
    2. I'm going to one day feeding from the "government trough" as a social worker

You certainly much nicer than most libertarian minded conservatives I encounter. It must be because we agree on the Constitutionalist part.
    Or maybe it's because I've decided that 1. and 2. above aren't sufficient reason to act as though I hate you?

Your sexuality is your deal, not mine. With regard to your chosen profession, honest responsible people can disagree about its relative value without being mortal enemies, or even being rude to one another.

At least, I think so.

Oh... looks like I'm in the process of derailing the thread. To get it back on course:

Go Ron Paul! (yay!)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I disagree with that. He just wants to eliminate government involvement as much as possible. And while that may sound good on paper, it means the loss of possibly hundreds of thousands of jobs. Not a good strategy going into a recession.
    Would it really be that bad for people who produce absolutely nothing to be forced to enter a segment of the economy that actually produces something? People complain about trade deficits, but if we don't produce anything we have nothing to trade.

Ron Paul wouldn't be able to just eliminate all those jobs with a wave of his hand, anyway. And even if he could, he wouldn't be sending people pink slips the day he's inaugurated. It would likely be a gradual phase-out, over many years.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Would it really be that bad for people who produce absolutely nothing to be forced to enter a segment of the economy that actually produces something? People complain about trade deficits, but if we don't produce anything we have nothing to trade.

Ron Paul wouldn't be able to just eliminate all those jobs with a wave of his hand, anyway. And even if he could, he wouldn't be sending people pink slips the day he's inaugurated. It would likely be a gradual phase-out, over many years.
    My response to your post. Second paragraph.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...79-post52.html

The whole, "The only people who have value in society are those who produce" argument is a load of shit in my book.