User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Super Tuesday

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Meanwhile, it's Hillary who is in trouble. The national split between her and Obama has closed to 2-3 percentage points.
    It's all moot. Hillary and Obama are going to end up running mates; the only question is who's name will be at the top of the ticket.

(If it's Hillary, I strongly suggest that Mr. Obama avoid Ft. Marcy Park.)

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

In the ideal world I would have liked to see Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich be picked by their respective political parties, but that is not going to happen. As long as Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee don't get picked as the Republican Party candidate I am not that worried. Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee scare the hell out of me, as they are total control freaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Huckabee scares me too. But I'm glad his early upset hasn't led to more votes elsewhere.

I wasn't a taxpayer or a politically-informed, voting citizen during the Bill Clinton years- so I guess I have less of that baggage regarding Hillary. I just liker her approach. She states the problem x, what's been done about problem x, and what she plans to do in the future about problem x. It's linear. I haven't seen anything about Obama to be excited about (nor anything to hate). I don't claim to know anything about leadership from someone's debate style.

I might've voted for Kucinich, except he dropped out.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon
    It's all moot. Hillary and Obama are going to end up running mates; the only question is who's name will be at the top of the ticket.
    You think so? I keep reading speculation that it will happen and counter-speculation saying it will never happen. I suppose it would do to unite the Democratic vote, but do you think either would be satisfied/willing to work together/ run for vice president?

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    You think so? I keep reading speculation that it will happen and counter-speculation saying it will never happen. I suppose it would do to unite the Democratic vote, but do you think either would be satisfied/willing to work together/ run for vice president?
    Considering the Republicans are fighting over how best to lose in '08, I'd say the chances of a Democrat victory in November are pretty great... and the VP is always the heir apparent to the presidency, provided the candidate is young enough and fit. I think either Hillary or Obama would be hard-pressed to turn down such an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Considering the Republicans are fighting over how best to lose in '08, I'd say the chances of a Democrat victory in November are pretty great... and the VP is always the heir apparent to the presidency, provided the candidate is young enough and fit. I think either Hillary or Obama would be hard-pressed to turn down such an opportunity.
    I agree. From what I understand, Reagan and Bush the Elder didn't get along at all, but they recognized what they had together. I think an Obama/Clinton ticket (in some order) would be a good idea simply because of electability...you immediately become the favored ticket for blacks, women and Oprah

On the other hand, if the nomination is hard fought and winds up close at the end, I think that this ticket could suffer from a "who's in charge?" vibe. In a case like this, the winner might be more comfortable choosing someone like John Edwards who looks good, speaks well, radiates sincerity, and is fairly inoffensive.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I agree. From what I understand, Reagan and Bush the Elder didn't get along at all, but they recognized what they had together. I think an Obama/Clinton ticket (in some order) would be a good idea simply because of electability...you immediately become the favored ticket for blacks, women and Oprah
    It never fails to astonish me how much pure influence Oprah has. Even here, fully across the world. If she features a book on her book club, for example, it will sell huge amounts. Hundreds of copies a week in our store alone, sometimes.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    istp

my 2008 presidential selection, CRAY-2...

with deep blue for vice president

Last edited by Grayscale; 02-05-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm such a poli sci nerd that I'm always sad on Super Tuesday that I don't live in a state that has an earlier primary! our primaries are some of the latest in the country, so everything will already be decided before I ever get to vote :steam:

I'm not a huge fan of anyone this year anyways
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Oberon

I'm not certain, but I think my Ron Paul bumper sticker has earned me a keyed car. The scrape is obvious, but I can't determine how long it's been there.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I'm not certain, but I think my Ron Paul bumper sticker has earned me a keyed car. The scrape is obvious, but I can't determine how long it's been there.
    Ouch. Vandalism due to political affiliation? I'm glad I have no such stickers on my car (just the schools I went to).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield