Thread: Super Tuesday

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    So who are you voting for MetalWounds?
    Honestly, I would like to see more of every candidate. If I had to pick a candidate this far out, perhaps Obama. I usually side republican, but I don't see any of them as very strong contenders.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Actually, I usually hear Bush Sr. referred to as "Bush '49". Can you provide a specific example in the last 100 years that a president's spouse has gone on to assume the office after them? No. But to humor you, Eleanor Roosevelt?
    That actually has a lot more to do with the fact that we currently have a "President Bush" and they don't want to confuse their listeners. But every time they have him on, they pay him that respect. And considering we have never elected a woman before, it is quite a ludicrous question to ask if we have ever had a president's spouse assume the office after them.

Honestly, I would like to see more of every candidate. If I had to pick a candidate this far out, perhaps Obama. I usually side republican, but I don't see any of them as very strong contenders.
    You shouldn't try to pretend to be objective. You aren't very good at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

Obama. Want.

I want the 2004 John McCain, but that guy got assimilated by the Republican Borg. Since I can't have him, I like Obama the best. His relative lack of concrete proposals troubles me, but not as much as Hillary's history of carpetbagging and the sense I get that she's motivated more by the chance to be the first female president and to be the boss than she is by the desire to help the country.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    And considering we have never elected a woman before, it is quite a ludicrous question to ask if we have ever had a president's spouse assume the office after them.

You shouldn't try to pretend to be objective. You aren't very good at it.
    Then it would be just as ludicrous to assume that a former president as a spouse to an acting president would have absolutely no power because it wasn't "constitutionally stipulated". If the man would have no perceived power, why then would Hillary attempt to use him as a campaign aide? Because some become intoxicated with the thought of another Clinton run white house. You don't really believe that a president never confides in their spouse when making decisions do you? It wouldn't even be out of line to make it unconstitutional for a spouse of a president to afterward run as a candidate.

It is difficult to be objective at this point in the primary season, as the candidates are still attempting feverishly to appear the way they wish themselves to be perceived and not how they truly are. You can often never see the true side of a person who is just trying to pander to demographic statistics.

MBTI
    OMNi

Then it would be just as ludicrous to assume that a former president as a spouse to an acting president would have absolutely no power because it wasn't "constitutionally stipulated". If the man would have no perceived power, why then would Hillary attempt to use him as a campaign aide? Because some become intoxicated with the thought of another Clinton run white house. You don't really believe that a president never confides in their spouse when making decisions do you? It wouldn't even be out of line to make it unconstitutional for a spouse of a president to afterward run as a candidate.

It is difficult to be objective at this point in the primary season, as the candidates are still attempting feverishly to appear the way they wish themselves to be perceived and not how they truly are. You can often never see the true side of a person who is just trying to pander to demographic statistics.
    Well, ultimately any of the candidates is better than George W. Bush. You have to at least admit that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Well, ultimately any of the candidates is better than George W. Bush. You have to at least admit that.
    Well, I am not contractually allowed to admit it, since he is my Commander in Chief...but ask me after the election...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    How about McCain on the Republican mside? It seems like in CA both races are pretty even, but the republican race may be more closely contested.
    I don't know, the national polling puts McCain at a 2-1 advantage (19 percentages points?) over Romney and even FURTHER ahead of Huckabee. (Huck's problem is that he appeals strongly to evangelicals... but this diminishes his value elsewhere. The party doesn't WANT to be staunchly conservative, because that just marginalizes the middle majority. Evangelicals do tend to be more vocal, but they don't speak for the entire party.)

Meanwhile, it's Hillary who is in trouble. The national split between her and Obama has closed to 2-3 percentage points.

Are you kidding? The fact that he is an adulterer is indicative of lacking any sort of moral fortitude. If he can ignore something so important as the vows of marriage that he swore to uphold, what faith can I place in him to run an entire country? He can't even be faithful to a single person, whom he has chosen to spend his entire life with, that should seemingly matter more to him than any other...
    You are starting to put me in my NT hating mode. You wouldn't like my NT hating mode.
    Oh stop. Not all NTs think the same way. In fact, NTs should be better able to compartmentalize and understand that context matters, and that -- if you actually observe people and how they truly behave -- some CAN have flaws in some areas but take other matters more seriously. People are consistent, even in their inconsistencies; you just have to properly gauge where they are trustworthy and where they are more liable to bend the rules. Obviously Bill has a problem with sexual fidelity; this does not necessarily carry over into other areas, you would have to examine his behavior in each situation before offering a judgment.

This sort of rigid thinking is more an STJ-ish ethical valueset that ignores context and doesn't really examine how people actually behave.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Go Ron Paul.

<--- listlessly waves little "Ron Paul Revolution" flag

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know, the national polling puts McCain at a 2-1 advantage (19 percentages points?) over Romney and even FURTHER ahead of Huckabee. (Huck's problem is that he appeals strongly to evangelicals... but this diminishes his value elsewhere. The party doesn't WANT to be staunchly conservative, because that just marginalizes the middle majority. Evangelicals do tend to be more vocal, but they don't speak for the entire party.)

Meanwhile, it's Hillary who is in trouble. The national split between her and Obama has closed to 2-3 percentage points.
    Lol, I saw someone on another site state it best, "Huck's problem is that he's too Christian." Republican's don't want a sincere evangelical. They want someone who can talk the talk but then screws over the common American in the name of big business.

Anyway Ladypinkington and I already voted for Obama. I don't want to get my hopes up at this point, but I'd like to see him as the next President. (Actually I think all of the candidates on both sides are better than our current President, so in that sense we can't lose no matter what happens.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com