User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 173

Thread: Super Tuesday

  1. #21
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    So who are you voting for MetalWounds?
    Honestly, I would like to see more of every candidate. If I had to pick a candidate this far out, perhaps Obama. I usually side republican, but I don't see any of them as very strong contenders.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  2. #22
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Actually, I usually hear Bush Sr. referred to as "Bush '49". Can you provide a specific example in the last 100 years that a president's spouse has gone on to assume the office after them? No. But to humor you, Eleanor Roosevelt?
    That actually has a lot more to do with the fact that we currently have a "President Bush" and they don't want to confuse their listeners. But every time they have him on, they pay him that respect. And considering we have never elected a woman before, it is quite a ludicrous question to ask if we have ever had a president's spouse assume the office after them.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Honestly, I would like to see more of every candidate. If I had to pick a candidate this far out, perhaps Obama. I usually side republican, but I don't see any of them as very strong contenders.
    You shouldn't try to pretend to be objective. You aren't very good at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Obama. Want.

  4. #24

    Default

    I want the 2004 John McCain, but that guy got assimilated by the Republican Borg. Since I can't have him, I like Obama the best. His relative lack of concrete proposals troubles me, but not as much as Hillary's history of carpetbagging and the sense I get that she's motivated more by the chance to be the first female president and to be the boss than she is by the desire to help the country.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  5. #25
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    And considering we have never elected a woman before, it is quite a ludicrous question to ask if we have ever had a president's spouse assume the office after them.



    You shouldn't try to pretend to be objective. You aren't very good at it.
    Then it would be just as ludicrous to assume that a former president as a spouse to an acting president would have absolutely no power because it wasn't "constitutionally stipulated". If the man would have no perceived power, why then would Hillary attempt to use him as a campaign aide? Because some become intoxicated with the thought of another Clinton run white house. You don't really believe that a president never confides in their spouse when making decisions do you? It wouldn't even be out of line to make it unconstitutional for a spouse of a president to afterward run as a candidate.

    It is difficult to be objective at this point in the primary season, as the candidates are still attempting feverishly to appear the way they wish themselves to be perceived and not how they truly are. You can often never see the true side of a person who is just trying to pander to demographic statistics.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  6. #26
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Then it would be just as ludicrous to assume that a former president as a spouse to an acting president would have absolutely no power because it wasn't "constitutionally stipulated". If the man would have no perceived power, why then would Hillary attempt to use him as a campaign aide? Because some become intoxicated with the thought of another Clinton run white house. You don't really believe that a president never confides in their spouse when making decisions do you? It wouldn't even be out of line to make it unconstitutional for a spouse of a president to afterward run as a candidate.

    It is difficult to be objective at this point in the primary season, as the candidates are still attempting feverishly to appear the way they wish themselves to be perceived and not how they truly are. You can often never see the true side of a person who is just trying to pander to demographic statistics.
    Well, ultimately any of the candidates is better than George W. Bush. You have to at least admit that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  7. #27
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Well, ultimately any of the candidates is better than George W. Bush. You have to at least admit that.
    Well, I am not contractually allowed to admit it, since he is my Commander in Chief...but ask me after the election...
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  8. #28
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    How about McCain on the Republican mside? It seems like in CA both races are pretty even, but the republican race may be more closely contested.
    I don't know, the national polling puts McCain at a 2-1 advantage (19 percentages points?) over Romney and even FURTHER ahead of Huckabee. (Huck's problem is that he appeals strongly to evangelicals... but this diminishes his value elsewhere. The party doesn't WANT to be staunchly conservative, because that just marginalizes the middle majority. Evangelicals do tend to be more vocal, but they don't speak for the entire party.)

    Meanwhile, it's Hillary who is in trouble. The national split between her and Obama has closed to 2-3 percentage points.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Are you kidding? The fact that he is an adulterer is indicative of lacking any sort of moral fortitude. If he can ignore something so important as the vows of marriage that he swore to uphold, what faith can I place in him to run an entire country? He can't even be faithful to a single person, whom he has chosen to spend his entire life with, that should seemingly matter more to him than any other...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    You are starting to put me in my NT hating mode. You wouldn't like my NT hating mode.
    Oh stop. Not all NTs think the same way. In fact, NTs should be better able to compartmentalize and understand that context matters, and that -- if you actually observe people and how they truly behave -- some CAN have flaws in some areas but take other matters more seriously. People are consistent, even in their inconsistencies; you just have to properly gauge where they are trustworthy and where they are more liable to bend the rules. Obviously Bill has a problem with sexual fidelity; this does not necessarily carry over into other areas, you would have to examine his behavior in each situation before offering a judgment.

    This sort of rigid thinking is more an STJ-ish ethical valueset that ignores context and doesn't really examine how people actually behave.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #29
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Go Ron Paul.




    <--- listlessly waves little "Ron Paul Revolution" flag

  10. #30
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know, the national polling puts McCain at a 2-1 advantage (19 percentages points?) over Romney and even FURTHER ahead of Huckabee. (Huck's problem is that he appeals strongly to evangelicals... but this diminishes his value elsewhere. The party doesn't WANT to be staunchly conservative, because that just marginalizes the middle majority. Evangelicals do tend to be more vocal, but they don't speak for the entire party.)

    Meanwhile, it's Hillary who is in trouble. The national split between her and Obama has closed to 2-3 percentage points.
    Lol, I saw someone on another site state it best, "Huck's problem is that he's too Christian." Republican's don't want a sincere evangelical. They want someone who can talk the talk but then screws over the common American in the name of big business.

    Anyway Ladypinkington and I already voted for Obama. I don't want to get my hopes up at this point, but I'd like to see him as the next President. (Actually I think all of the candidates on both sides are better than our current President, so in that sense we can't lose no matter what happens.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Similar Threads

  1. super noob
    By Chloe relic in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 12:14 PM
  2. Super Smash Brothers
    By Mondo in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 09:53 PM
  3. The Id, Ego and Super Ego
    By truth in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 03:22 PM
  4. Happy Super Fun Time with Hexis
    By Hexis in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO