First 123412 Last

Thread: Super Tuesday

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    The dude was an adulterer. Get over it. The fact that Hilary can forgive him after that, and the public humiliation, says a lot about the kind of woman she is and the kind of leader she would be. Don't hold her accountable for her husband's failures. I wouldn't even hold her accountable for her husband's successes. The fact that people even think it matters seems silly to me.
    Are you kidding? The fact that he is an adulterer is indicative of lacking any sort of moral fortitude. If he can ignore something so important as the vows of marriage that he swore to uphold, what faith can I place in him to run an entire country? He can't even be faithful to a single person, whom he has chosen to spend his entire life with, that should seemingly matter more to him than any other. To then return him to an office of power would be a fatal error. I do not question Hillary's leadership ability, but it's a package deal, you will not just be electing Hillary.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INFP

Were you impressed by the way Bill Clinton conducted his presidential affairs?

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Were you impressed by the way Bill Clinton conducted his presidential affairs?
    Impressed? No. Satisfied that he upheld his basic contractual obligation to the American people? Yes.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    Are you kidding? The fact that he is an adulterer is indicative of lacking any sort of moral fortitude. If he can ignore something so important as the vows of marriage that he swore to uphold, what faith can I place in him to run an entire country? He can't even be faithful to a single person, whom he has chosen to spend his entire life with, that should seemingly matter more to him than any other. To then return him to an office of power would be a fatal error. I do not question Hillary's leadership ability, but it's a package deal, you will not just be electing Hillary.
    You are starting to put me in my NT hating mode. You wouldn't like my NT hating mode.

Honestly I think it is just absurd to say that you are putting Bill in a position of power by electing Hillary. Where in the Constitution does it specify the powers to the spouse of the Commander and Chief? Let's be realistic. You can't find reason to attack Hilary Clinton, so you have to attack her husband. That is what this amounts to, isn't? Why don't you provide some non Bill related reasons why Hilary wouldn't make a good president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

You are starting to put me in my NT hating mode. You wouldn't like my NT hating mode.

Honestly I think it is just absurd to say that you are putting Bill in a position of power by electing Hillary. Where in the Constitution does it specify the powers to the spouse of the Commander and Chief? Let's be realistic. You can't find reason to attack Hilary Clinton, so you have to attack her husband. That is what this amounts to, isn't? Why don't you provide some non Bill related reasons why Hilary wouldn't make a good president.
    God forbid you are forced to see anything through rational polarization. I specifically said, in my original post, that the only reason I would not vote for her is due to the fact that she is married to Bill Clinton, not by any specific fault of her own. The mass media still refers to him as "President Clinton" a title that he has not held in 8 years. The man has nothing short of a prodigious influence, and to put him so close to the supreme office of the land and to then think that he would wield no governing power would be of utterly naive. You really have to look at the big picture and read between the lines.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    God forbid you are forced to see anything through rational polarization. I specifically said, in my original post, that the only reason I would not vote for her is due to the fact that she is married to Bill Clinton, not by any specific fault of her own. The mass media still refers to him as "President Clinton" a title that he has not held in 8 years. The man has nothing short of a prodigious influence, and to put him so close to the supreme office of the land and to then think that he would wield no governing power would be of utterly naive. You really have to look at the big picture and read between the lines.
    Yeah, and they call old George Bush, "President Bush". Since we are talking about this "rationally", why don't you provide some examples from within the last 100 years of when the spouse of the president has had significant influence over the office. I would love to see some evidence to support your assumption that he would have such great power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds
    The mass media still refers to him as "President Clinton" a title that he has not held in 8 years.
    It's the norm to refer to a former president as President ________.

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Yeah, and they call old George Bush, "President Bush". Since we are talking about this "rationally", why don't you provide some examples from within the last 100 years of when the spouse of the president has had significant influence over the office.
    Actually, I usually hear Bush Sr. referred to as "Bush '49". Can you provide a specific example in the last 100 years that a president's spouse has gone on to assume the office after them? No. But to humor you, Eleanor Roosevelt?

MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    It's the norm to refer to a former president as President ________.
    Most often it's "Former president x", this is not usually the case with Bill Clinton.

MBTI
    INFP

So who are you voting for MetalWounds?