User Tag List

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Super Tuesday

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

ok- since you said that the government isn't....

... and my dad's a small business owner who is most definitly not evil
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    The point I was making in quoting this earlier (and which you apparently didn't perceive) was as follows:

While money that goes to taxes buys public services, money that goes to private industry also buys things of value to the society. That money that you say " most often simply for producing products..." is what pays for the jobs in both the private and public sectors. In this context, though profit isn't any good for controlling pollution, it is necessary in order to have an economy, which is in turn necessary for our lives.

Private industry may not be all that good at controlling pollution, but on the other hand government is not all that good at creating prosperity.
    Nothing you are saying makes anything I said untrue. These types of businesses may be good at making an economy run and producing lots of things (The use of businesses is something I'm not going to write about here), but that does not mean that people running a business can be counted on to watch things like pollution.

I'm real clear on the two-sides thing. I would like it if someone would just acknowledge that business isn't intrinsically evil, please?
    Posts like this is why it appears you are thinking in slogans a lot of the time, no one actually said "business is completely evil and needs to be eliminated", just talked about things that business handles poorly in a lot of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Nothing you are saying makes anything I said untrue.
    If I thought you were either mistaken or lying, I would have said so.

Your posts led me to believe, rather, that you were only seeing one side of a complex issue. It was not my purpose to contradict you, but rather to provide another perspective.