User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thread: Super Tuesday

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Read post 82.
    I'm sure being a social worker is very rewarding for you. Not quite my cup of tea, but that's neither here nor there.

However, I don't want to pay you for your work with my taxes if I don't care about your service.

Privatize your profession? Pleeeeeeeease?
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post
    And the ones without jobs who leech off of the welfare system?
    3 quick questions Mr Galt!

- do you remember what caused our country to develop welfare systems in the first place?

- have you ever visited a slum in a third world country?

- what about unemployed people's kids?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    OMNi

I'm sure being a social worker is very rewarding for you. Not quite my cup of tea, but that's neither here nor there.

However, I don't want to pay you for your work with my taxes if I don't care about your service.

Privatize your profession? Pleeeeeeeease?
    Why don't you go to INTJ Central. You aren't going meet many people here who are stupid enough to swallow Objectivism.

But here is a good thread for you.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...elativism.html

And complain about taxes when you are actually old enough to pay them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    3 quick questions Mr Galt!

- do you remember what caused our country to develop welfare systems in the first place?
    I wasn't around (obviously), but I want to say it was FDR's New Deal.

have you ever visited a slum in a third world country?
    No. I don't plan to.

what about unemployed people's kids?
    If you can't afford to support yourself you would have to be severely retarded to have kids. Unfortunately the kids have to suffer because of your stupidity.

And complain about taxes when you are actually old enough to pay them.
    Never too young to earn an income.
    TANSTAAFL!

heart on fire

Unfortunately the kids have to suffer because of your stupidity.

Never too young to earn an income.

Yes, it is high time to bring back child labor.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I wasn't around (obviously), but I want to say it was FDR's New Deal.
    it was as a reaction to the widespread poverty as a result of the Great Depression it's nice to know how intellectually curious you are

:rolli:

No. I don't plan to.
    I have, and I can tell you- society without social welfare programs is a very ugly sight. *shudder* I don't think that there would be all so many people advocating getting rid of such programs here if they were confronted with sights like that on a regular basis.

If you can't afford to support yourself you would have to be severely retarded to have kids. Unfortunately the kids have to suffer because of your stupidity.
    nice to hear you say, as someone who was obviously not born to such a person, but would you feel the same if you were? Nobody picks who thier parents are, so you can't condemn someone to failure in life because of it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    it was as a reaction to the widespread poverty as a result of the Great Depression it's nice to know how intellectually curious you are
    I guess I was half right.

I have, and I can tell you- society without social welfare programs is a very ugly sight. *shudder* I don't think that there would be all so many people advocating getting rid of such programs here if they were confronted with sights like that on a regular basis.
    Welfare is a relatively new institution. Even before its creation, the United States was nothing like the third world countries in the world. There were periods of near anarchy but that can be attributed to growing pains of a new nation. I think that between the geography of the US and the widespread mindset of go getting we are able to have a country with very little need for social programs. I would really prefer a country with very few public institutions.
    nice to hear you say, as someone who was obviously not born to such a person, but would you feel the same if you were? Nobody picks who thier parents are, so you can't condemn someone to failure in life because of it!
    Nobody is going to fail because their parents are failures. It can make life a whole lot harder, and chances for success are drastically lower than those who are born to affluent families, but life isn't all too fair. Again, people who cannot afford to support themselves should show a little self control and not have children.
    TANSTAAFL!

heart on fire

Galt:Even before its creation, the United States was nothing like the third world countries in the world.

Have you studied much USA history or are you just pulling that out of your rabbit hat?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Galt:Even before its creation, the United States was nothing like the third world countries in the world.

Have you studied much USA history or are you just pulling that out of your rabbit hat?
    I'm going to go with my knowledge of US history. If you know more than I do, I'd appreciate it if you enlightened me.
    TANSTAAFL!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

there's some interesting theories on the differences between US and third world development out there if you're willing to read something that you might not agree with straight off- for instance Eduardo Galeano's Open Veins of Latin America And whether or not you'd like to beleive it- there have been some rather unpleasant slums in the US in our history

Also- I'd suggest that you should perhaps mind what you say about certain things- my grandfather was an orphan in the early 1900s who ended up working factory jobs and having to drop out of school at a very early age... even now I know for sure that I wouldn't be where I am in life if it wasn't purely for luck... nice to know that you'd be happy to condemn me to a less pleasant life if I didn't meet the right people at the right times

it's easy to judge others when you have it easy yourself isn't it?