Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I reckon this says all I need to know about modern or American liberalism right here.

Seriously, what rocks do you have to search under to find ugly or stupid opinion like this? I'd say he's clearly baiting homosexuals or their advocates and from the reaction he got it would appear that's still an easy thing to do.

Anyway, let the outrage roll, all heterosexual men are haters, rapists etc. Etc.

Whatever.
    "it fell to men to swing through the trees and scour the caves in search of as many women as possible to subdue and impregnate – a tough job but someone had to do it".
    Um in case you haven't noticed he pretty much DID describe rape in so many words there.

And even if he didn't explicitly mean rape, I think the idea of some gross old man saying those words would make most women want to punch him, at the very least.

Savage Brain's reaction is understandable but extreme, yet I wouldn't say it conclusively paints a picture of American or modern liberalism, and for you to conclude that Savage's anecdotal statement encompasses an entire political group is pretty silly.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It wouldn't surprise me if this guy was for real. There are lots of idiots out there. I don't think he should be killed, but he shouldn't be in any position of power.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if this guy was for real. There are lots of idiots out there. I don't think he should be killed, but he shouldn't be in any position of power.
    To be honest I dont see how appearing to be soft on crime at that level of authority would be anything other than a career killer for this guy, although did he say that men should be raping women? That's not my read on it, my read on it is that he's repeated some old fashioned prejudice that all a lesbian needs is a good (heterosexual) man and they'll not be a lesbian anymore, I dont think that's liable to be any truer than suggesting that all a (heterosexual) man or woman needs is to meet the right man or woman and they will be homosexual (its some how more acceptable when its put like that? What about that?) but who knows there could be some individuals that this could be true for, perhaps they're bisexual, perhaps they've only ever been confused (and unlike a lot of liberals and gay advocates I'd not suggest the only way out of confusion about sexual orientation is to adopt homosexuality).

The movie Chasing Amy came in for some serious hatred and flak for suggesting the same thing, I'm not sure if it was the director or some of the actors who responded by saying that it wasnt trying to make the point that all every lesbian needed was to meet the right man but that in the individual case of the character in the movie it could have been true. It didnt help the director or the movie in those quarters.

The guy should have done his homework if he wanted to make jokes he should have made them about straight, white, fat, men, hey if they work and pay taxes they're even fairer game and no one would have given a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    If such a man like this really does exist, and actually beileives his words to be true, then he should be killed; I see no reason why a human being of such evil and stupidity is tolerated at all.
    I reckon this says all I need to know about modern or American liberalism right here.
    I disagree, Savage is being a model citizen. A few more comments like that and he'll be elected to government.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

To a certain extent, I take back the statement that I made earlier, it was one generated out of an immideate emotional reaction, not one out of careful thought. Although it is something that I struggle with concerning my libertarian beleifs; I want people to have basic freedoms (speech included), yet I loathe the awful mentality of men such as this US judge, who are capable of saying such things because of their freedom.

Perhpas the appropriate action, in this regard, would be to hold such a judge to extreme criticism in terms of his slanderous behavior; to socially mock him for his intolerant idealogy against homosexuals. Or better yet, ignore him entirely; a fool's ideals should fall on no man's ear.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sounds like an evolutionary psychology proponent gone completely mad. What a d-bag. Doesn't deserve to be killed, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Nah, not at all. Like I said before, he's just looking to ruffle feathers.