First 34567 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I watch CNN some.
    Yeah, pretty straight reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    There is only one negative consequence of truth and that is that the people that benefit from lies could stand abashed.
    There is a bit more to this then lies.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

^ What he said. It's usually a more complex situation than what is presented or in this case assumed.

It could take years for the repercussions of this to fully play out.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    ^ What he said. It's usually a more complex situation than what is presented or in this case assumed.
    Not really. Only that lies are part of it.

MBTI
    INTj

I don't think it is valid to make blanket statements about whether revealing diplomatic secrets is in the public interest. It depends on the information.

The most obvious example would be in disclosing the fact that the government of an Islamic country allowed foreign military strikes against militants in their own country. Making that public would cause unrest in those countries and discourage future cooperation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

This thread lacks idealism. Never mind that it´s an INTP posting. We have a thing for truth, right?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post

This thread lacks idealism. Never mind that it´s an INTP posting. We have a thing for truth, right?
    Ironic, given his administration's penchant for lying outright to the American public about our geopolitical policy and machinations.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Has Victor been active since the arrest?
    Finally Australia's Foreign Minister, Kevin Rudd, has sent me a laptop as promised and I am once more in ecstatic contact with you.

And all I can do is ask you, who commissioned MBTI seventy years ago? And have any random double bind experiments been done with MBTI in all that seventy years? And if not, why not?

I do know these are disturbing questions, just as many have found Wikileaks to be disturbing.

But I am writing to you from confined quarters at the moment, but I know I have your best wishes and my spirits are high.

And remember, information wants to be free, just like me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Who is talking about Kennedy himself, it's the idea that matters (and the fact that this sounds otherworldly in our cynical ears even thoug it should be a given).

On a different note: Free Victor! Let's all organize a hunger strike (i.e. A week without boob thread) in solidarity!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Ohh yes. The cables do make US look bad, and specific content hasn't been reported much. But I've been hearing about the UN spying stuff, at least on MSNBC.

You prob watch BBC. I assume every eurotrasher watches that station. But I think Fox has an affiliate out there, Sky News or something or other.
    BBC broadcast national news isn't up to much these days - I prefer Channel 4.
    I get news channels from all over the globe via satellite and I can't tolerate any of the American ones (or SkyNews), but even they are better than the appalling dross which gets served up by local news stations in the States. They are so stupendously lame it's actually shocking - but it does go some way to explain the woeful ignorance of many Americans. There's a French news channel I watch sometimes and even the Chinese one is pretty interesting.

I resort to online journalism if I want to actually know what's going on in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.