User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Here's an article from the lawyer that represented him in October about the allegations.

I can't guarantee the source. I'd never heard of "crikey" until today.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    And a scan of their website suggests NYT have stopped running stories derived from wikileaks cables. Coincidence?
    I've been stunned by the low level of coverage by the mainstream media in general. Apart from the rape allegations, that is.
    When I say stunned, I think I raised my left eyebrow for like half a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Banned

There is only one negative consequence of truth and that is that the people that benefit from lies could stand abashed.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

And a scan of their website suggests NYT have stopped running stories derived from wikileaks cables. Coincidence?
    Yeah, well NYT helped publish the cables. Trying to lay low.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I've been stunned by the low level of coverage by the mainstream media in general. Apart from the rape allegations, that is.
    When I say stunned, I think I raised my left eyebrow for like half a second.
    What do you watch?

It's all over Fox News and MSNBC, mostly as a national security / free speech issue. About 25% goes to the rape allegations, up that to 75% on Fox.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    What do you watch?

It's all over Fox News and MSNBC, mostly as a national security / free speech issue. About 25% goes to the rape allegations, up that to 75% on Fox.
    Neither of those. Actual coverage of the content of the cables is pretty thin on the ground, you have to hunt it down - you'd think it would be the scoop of the century.
    Even the leak that it was Salmond and not the justice minister who made the decision to realise Ali blah-blah-blah Megrahi didn't make national headlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Neither of those. Actual coverage of the content of the cables is pretty thin on the ground, you have to hunt it down - you'd think it would be the scoop of the century.
    Even the leak that it was Salmond and not the justice minister who made the decision to realise Ali blah-blah-blah Megrahi didn't make national headlines.
    Ohh yes. The cables do make US look bad, and specific content hasn't been reported much. But I've been hearing about the UN spying stuff, at least on MSNBC.

You prob watch BBC. I assume every eurotrasher watches that station. But I think Fox has an affiliate out there, Sky News or something or other.

MBTI
    ----

Here's an article from the lawyer that represented him in October about the allegations.

I can't guarantee the source. I'd never heard of "crikey" until today.
    crikey is an australian online political news source that in the past has operated as a kind of domestic aussie wikileaks...it's more tame/mainstream now than it used to be. some of the political analysis is pretty good. it derives income from subscriptions and some advertising.

salome - it's receiving a lot of coverage in the aussie press. the media are diggin' on the angle of assange being an australian national and there is speculation that some of the most embarrassing material yet to be released relates to australia. much of the discourse here is focussed on the politicisation of the case against him.

what i find fascinating about this case is that news organisations often publish leaked material - the legal tests in developed democracies around the world centre around whether the material is in the public interest. this is not a new phenonenon; what is new is the sheer volume of the material, the fact that it's a website breaking the news and not a broadsheet and the website has a prominent public figurehead (scapegoat). the leaked material is also a bit juicy and embarrassing, as its direct from diplomatic cables written in a conversational, frank style, rather than dry analysis from briefing papers/letters or testimonials from whistleblowers, which you most often see covered in newspapers.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Do yourself a favor and get your news off the internet.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get your news off the internet.
    Yeah, I do that. But need that constant visual stream too.

Shout out to Link TV. Best news station on TV. Non-profit, independent.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I watch CNN some.