User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Massive security breach of classified US material: world goes apeshit

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/...s-live-updates

I can't believe nobody started a thread on this yet....

I'll save thoughts on the incident and the perpetrators for a later date: right now, I wish to take my mind off of all the implications by asking what people think of any specific revelations/gossip.

My biggest surprise was the possible Chinese willingness for Korea to be united under South Korean rule, with the only specific condition being that US forces remain south of the DMZ. I hope this sentiment spreads amongst Chinese movers and shakers (but I'm not counting on it).

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I've already burned the US flag in my backyard and am plotting wide spread beer deprivation to the US with my frat-boys.

Bad Jokes aside: Well I knew americans are good at backbiting but in saying about our chancellor that she is like water off a duck's back to anyone's criticism and that our foreign minister is incompetent we knew. They even phrased it nicer than our media ever did

Just hoping there wasnt too sensitive information under it, which could escalate the situations in the east even more.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm glad this information is out in the open. This will give the public a better idea of what governments are trying to keep secret.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Is it that big of a deal that they are making it to be? Sounds like drama for my mama.

This sort of reminds me of this:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Z16H6c2NY&feature=related"]lol[/YOUTUBE]

And I agree with Lateralus...the U.S. has kept the most ridiculous secrets, it sickens me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

There has been so much in the press about breaches of personal information because of US breach notification laws. Notice the pattern towards other types of data being breached. 11 months ago, it was Operation Aurora and source code was the target. Now, it's US embassy cables. My prediction is the diversification will continue. Information has economic value and whatever information is most valuable (can be monitized) will be the target.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't think it's that big of a deal either. We still have the same problems we had yesterday. Politicians just don't want to be personally embarrassed, so they're screaming bloody murder. It's pure selfishness.

The French government called this an attack on democracy. Bullshit.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The contents of the cables themselves aren't that shocking really. The shocking thing is that so many people had the security clearance to access it.

One thing that I've noticed from this and the Euro debt crisis is that these things become sort of self-fulfilling prophecies in terms of news-worthiness where things get so blown up by the media that it takes on a life of its own.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal either. We still have the same problems we had yesterday. Politicians just don't want to be personally embarrassed, so they're screaming bloody murder. It's pure selfishness.

The French government called this an attack on democracy. Bullshit.
    I think the problem is that it is a bit awkward for the US, it's like you are a guest at your friends table and later after the dinner you talk shit about your friends father and its recorded on tape. To countries who value a bit of respect to their idols and authorities it could be a problem.

I've a kinda split opinion on this, on the one hand I agree with what the US ambassador said about german politicians on the other hand I feel it's inappropiate for him to say so and by knowing his opinion, I've now lost respect towards him. I dunno it's not that big of a problem to me, but in more patrichaic countries, I think it could be

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

i was hoping for more serious leaks than this. Do I see a problem with the release? No. For future historic litterature on US diplomacy this is interesting and helpful to give a more nuanced picture of diplomats.

The politicians needs to stop cry so much about this. Its not an attack on democracy, its exactly what democracy is about. Exposing those politicians that are too imcompetent to be in office. Governmental officials reponse to this is not shocking. Its sort of needed in a situation like this. But when politicians starts calling wikileaks as a terror organization and want them black listed, they are really just doing it for selfinterests and show they have no respect for the people they represent. Playing the patriot card is so disrespectful to the public and only shows how stupid people are for buying this from corrupt politicians.

Whistleblowers are needed in any form of government. Those hungry for power and money needs to be regulated, not protected.

What I do see as a problem is this falls right in to the lap of those that want higher security, harsher laws on internet, like what websites a government finds to be against their interests.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ok I agree, I just hope our new found demand for more realism in politics doesnt cost us our mannerisms and make us evaluate politicians on a good or bad scale real quickly. This could lead otherwise more showmen oriented politicians to win strength again and let those people who really want to change something in the big picture, disappear more into the background. Cause I am still convinced that politics is a far more complex system than the common tax-payer would think