User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 80

  1. #31
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    You can bet this won't lead to more transparency. Just greater lockdown on information, as well as little to nothing in writing or recorded in any way. He said, she said, doesn't bear much weight when it comes to accountability.
    Well that only shows that the state is afraid of its own citizens, nothing more. Let the politicians cry over this for a few days.

  2. #32
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I don't get why this is such a big deal.

    It's like WikiLeaks found the US's diary. I mean, everyone knows she's thinking it, but for some reason it's only shocking when you find it in her handwriting.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  3. #33
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Well that only shows that the state is afraid of its own citizens, nothing more. Let the politicians cry over this for a few days.
    It would shock me if it had anything to do with being afraid of its own citizens.

  4. #34
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Our gov't doesn't work without an armed populace to remind it who really makes the decisions.

    The quote:
    "The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike."

    - T. Jeff (we're close like that)

    applies...
    Last edited by DiscoBiscuit; 12-01-2010 at 01:55 PM.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    IMO, wikileaks should be shut down.
    I disagree 100%. Wikileaks didn't steal the information, Bradley Manning did.

    The US government should thank Mr. Manning for exposing a huge security flaw.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #36
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I disagree 100%. Wikileaks didn't steal the information, Bradley Manning did.

    The US government should thank Mr. Manning for exposing a huge security flaw.
    Then Wikileaks is an accessory to theft of confidential material.

  7. #37
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    The gov't has only itself to blame for the gaffe.

    I'm on my couch laughing my ass off!

    [YOUTUBE="pGXR10xzC3I"]Edward Blake[/YOUTUBE]

  8. #38
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Then Wikileaks is an accessory to theft of confidential material.
    Do you have evidence that Wikileaks had knowledge of the theft before it happened? Did they encourage the theft in some way?

    I suggest you watch this program discussing the leak.

    http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11320
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #39
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Do you have evidence that Wikileaks had knowledge of the theft before it happened? Did they encourage the theft in some way?

    I suggest you watch this program discussing the leak.

    http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/11320
    Haven't watched that program but might. Not a lawyer. With this in mind, what about possession of stolen goods?

  10. #40
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    There should be no Governmental reasonable expectation of privacy to any information deemed (by some sort of independent committee using a cost benefit analysis) to be of greater use to the nation as public knowledge.

Similar Threads

  1. Office of Personnel Management Security Breach
    By highlander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2015, 12:16 AM
  2. The Security Council of the United Nations
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 02:15 PM
  3. What Type Is The Author Of The US Declaration of Independence?
    By highlander in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
  4. Distribution of temperaments over the world
    By Gauche in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 09:54 AM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO