User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Annwn View Post
    Then it should be recalibrated because 100 by definition is the mean. A worldwide mean of 90 is not possible. Here is a link: http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx

I hadn't read your earlier comment about "worst system devised", but that would be consistent with your comments. What political system do you support? What we have now is not "for the people by the people". We have a ruling class which is an economic elite, although I have to admit some of them are surprisingly stupid.
    Median is not the same thing as mean, though a mean of 100 and a median of 80, for a measurement system based on a fairly uninteresting bell curve is enough to raise a few eyebrows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median#...ns_and_medians

The SD for IQ is 15, so...... yeah.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    How would prefiltering candidates save us from a Palin or a Dubya? Both of them are clearly quite intelligent, even if they have to put on a puppet show to appeal to the "average American."
    Clearly intelligent? Neither is stupid but neither is knowledgeable enough or has the intellectual nimbleness to handle the global platform. Prefiltering might have ensured that there wouldn't have been a global economic crisis and the U.S. might not have engaged in a war on two fronts, potentially more, considering the sabre rattling at Iran et al.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    How many people think we should live under an Aleksei-ocracy? A military dictatorship with Premier Aleksei in charge?

Okay, now of the ones who held their hands up, how many of you have guns? Anybody?
    I think these questions are on point. I think Aleksei proposes an Aleksei-ocracy. What say you, Aleksei?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Clearly intelligent? Neither is stupid but neither is knowledgeable enough or has the intellectual nimbleness to handle the global platform. Prefiltering might have ensured that there wouldn't have been a global economic crisis and the U.S. might not have engaged in a war on two fronts, potentially more, considering the sabre rattling at Iran et al.
    How exactly would you prefilter the candidates by "nimbleness to handle the global platform?" How could you even begin to predict what could and could not indicate proficiency in such an arena, let alone devise a standardized method of testing applicants?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Annwn View Post
    Then it should be recalibrated because 100 by definition is the mean.
    By definition 100 is the mean in Great Britain, which is what I said already. It could be recalibrated, but that'd just mean everyone scores a higher number. Not really that anyone is smarter.

I hadn't read your earlier comment about "worst system devised", but that would be consistent with your comments. What political system do you support?
    Democracy with a limited franchise seemed to work somewhat well in the US in the past, but ultimately the system that's been demonstrated to be most efficient, stable, and best for those ruled is monarchy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

How exactly would you prefilter the candidates by "nimbleness to handle the global platform?" How could you even begin to predict what could and could not indicate proficiency in such an arena, let alone devise a standardized method of testing applicants?
    Not for me to say or even suggest, since I don't consider myself of sufficient knowledge level to define criteria. This would be something the brain trust would have to address.

But...generalised proficiency in understanding economics, Constitutional Law, global and military issues could be a starting point. Of course I'm talking about the level of Presidency. Each lower tier of elected official-dom will require lesser degrees of knowledge and understanding.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

If only the voting populace was more informed. Hey I know! We should give everyone a device that lets you input a word and then spits out a lot of information about that word. Then there would be no excuse for people being uninformed. I wouldn't even be surprised if such a thing already exists. I'm going to google that and find out.

Median is not the same thing as mean, though a mean of 100 and a median of 80, for a measurement system based on a fairly uninteresting bell curve is enough to raise a few eyebrows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median#...ns_and_medians

The SD for IQ is 15, so...... yeah.....
    For a normal distribution median = mean. And for IQ you are using a normal distribution. If an IQ test has a mean of 90, then that just shows you how screwed up the IQ metric is to begin with.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    That seems HIGHLY improbable. And very naive. The people who wrecked the economy and started the wars would almost all be above the median and mean for IQ. You think Fed chairmen and Goldman Sachs execs and congressmen and DoD chiefs are low-intelligence people?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I think these questions are on point. I think Aleksei proposes an Aleksei-ocracy. What say you, Aleksei?
    AYE!

*cocks rifle*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That seems HIGHLY improbable. And very naive. The people who wrecked the economy and started the wars would almost all be above the median and mean for IQ. You think Fed chairmen and Goldman Sachs execs and congressmen and DoD chiefs are low-intelligence people?
    HA! Those who can't, work for the Feds!