User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Doesn't exactly solve the "people are stupid" problem. That one's kinda hard to tackle.
    I believe that the electorate will act as intelligently as the the MSM and Gov't treat them.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    This slows down the evolution of government, causing it to fall behind society.
    And yet the constitution has been amended no less than 27 times since its adoption, the last time being in 1992. The process was designed to be burdensome so that the document would only be amended at times when there was a consistent and decisive mandate to do so; which is, to my mind, as it should be. The document was intended in part to protect the rights of the people, and therefore should not be easily amended by whichever faction is in power.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Expand, s'il vous plait.
    First and foremost, a hard cap to the amount of cash a candidate may raise for a given race. (increases with the importance of the office)

Full transparency as to where are the money raised for each candidate. If a candidate fails a transparency check they are DQ'd from the race.

All debates will be publicly funded, and hosts will be vetted for impartiality.

Make the money cap low enough that even the less fortunate may run for office if they have the work ethic, political wherewithall, and tenacity.

Debates would be the main vehicle for political advertisement so that the electorate knows what the candidates stances on the issues are not who was seen with who doing what.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I believe that the electorate will act as intelligently as the the MSM and Gov't treat them.
    That's too bad, because the MSM and the government actually treat people as intelligently as they act. Better, in fact. The average person is a babbling moron.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Clearly your pessimism and my optimism are at an impasse.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

That's too bad, because the MSM and the government actually treat people as intelligently as they act. Better, in fact. The average person is a babbling moron.
    We just need to work on our education system here.

Providing information doesn't guarantee assimilation and understanding of information. It also won't alleviate apathy or popularity voting.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Providing information doesn't guarantee assimilation and understanding of information. It also won't alleviate apathy or popularity voting.
    Nothing will ever completely eliminate it, my plan is just to do the best we can and to try to afford the electorate our candor, dignity, and consideration.

There is no perfect world, just the one we have, you can either say fuck it and cop out and give up, or (in spite of everything and everyone) fight to make the world the best you can with every tool in your employ.

I'd like to see voters have to take a minimum knowledge test, prior to being able to vote. Individuals who are keen, will take the test. Apathetics won't be part of the voting population. Similar to a rite of adult passage.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Our laws protect the weak and strong of intellect alike.

Just because of their lesser intellect, does that rid them of their RIGHT to have their voice heard?

Intellectual snobbery is unbecoming.