First 567

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The guy to me just seems like he's been dealing with vandalism already and decided to take the opportunity to get his frustrations out once he saw those skaters.

I can't tell you the specifics of that situation, but I will point out that those are pro skaters. They're not there to screw anything up necessarily. Skateboarding is just a sport like any other - except the playing field is the landscape. So many dynamics.. and skaters seek out places that offer a way to do something new. Point being though, guys like him are hopping around everywhere - it's not like he was just some kid who's been smashing the crap out of that parking lot consistently. He's actually 40 years old too.. with wife and kids, etc.. He's not out to be immature or anything. That guy just stepped in like they were already guilty of something.

As for America being violent. I don't believe it's some exclusive thing. I mean, I could use this video as evidence. Here we have a vid of the craziest clergyman I've ever seen.. and it's in Australia. All the kids are pretty feisty too.

On a sidenote, I'm sure this will disappoint Victor.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMWjV2zRD3w].[/youtube]

Stupid kids won't leave. Priest is not exactly acting priestly, but the kids are stubborn and won't leave. They are much worse and much more annoying than the kid in the OP's video.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'm going to take my sympathy away for property concerns. It just seems like more and more the problem is just people on a power trip. These might be the biggest jerks of all. I thought I had it bad in the past. Some of these owners/cops are downright insane. The kids are alright.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxOr3q7nrk&feature=related]/[/youtube]
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZO3MkvteXE]/[/youtube]
    In the first one, the cop is way out of line. He complains about disrespect, when he's the one being disrespectful. Sure, they should call you officer and not dude, but that's a pretty minor offense. They might not have even known what they were doing was illegal. Just let them know, and give them a warning. That's all he needed to do.

The second video on the other hand, I pretty much have to side with the security officer. About the only thing I can see that he did that was out of line and wasn't a response to the skaters, were his initial threat about "breaking an arm" and then taking the kid's skateboard. The punch at least appeared to be self defense.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NNIN6bcMAM"][/YOUTUBE]This is a good one. At least according to the description, public skateboarding isn't even illegal here, and yet the cop still goes after him. He's not screaming or acting like a nut, I'll give him credit there. But he has no basis for taking the kid's skateboard. At least, if the description is right and skateboarding actually is legal there.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

Being upset over damage to personal property is one thing, but I think the guy in the OP vid seriously needs to pop a Xanax or something...
    Must have a boring life.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    In the first one, the cop is way out of line. He complains about disrespect, when he's the one being disrespectful. Sure, they should call you officer and not dude, but that's a pretty minor offense. They might not have even known what they were doing was illegal. Just let them know, and give them a warning. That's all he needed to do.
    Yeah, he's probably the worst of the bunch. He's itching to simply dominate - it's him that escalates it.

I've been in worse situations where I have to hand it to cops for controlling themselves, when I see ones like him. I remember one time I skateboarded on an airstrip (not really lingering on it..I was trying to make a shortcut). Lo and behold, about 5 or 6 cop cars moved in and encircled me, guns pulled and all. But they were all business. I imagine some cop like that would just pick a fight, go overboard.. he seems to take everything so personally.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Yeah, he's probably the worst of the bunch. He's itching to simply dominate - it's him that escalates it.

I've been in worse situations where I have to hand it to cops for controlling themselves, when I see ones like him. I remember one time I skateboarded on an airstrip (not really lingering on it..I was trying to make a shortcut). Lo and behold, about 5 or 6 cop cars moved in and encircled me, guns pulled and all. But they were all business. I imagine some cop like that would just pick a fight, go overboard.. he seems to take everything so personally.
    Wow.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader