User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Psycho-Class

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oh dear god I just looked at those links - you're one of those people who believe in "unschooling" and crap like that.

*exits thread*
    I don't support anything that extreme but I do think the style of traditional schooling ignores about 90% of how humans learn or absorb information. It is a little like a production line. They made it "efficient" in the sense that you can "teach" to a set structure and rules without making much effort to care if anyone really understands. Actually without making much effort to care if you as a teacher really understand. It is the joy of learning by numbers. You have a set course and a text book. The students repeat some stuff back at certain times and complete some set tasks. You say this equals learnt because you have "evidence". You send them away having absorbed almost nothing but how to do some set tasks. In terms teaching (at least how I define it), it equals fail. You could probably teach what most students should learn in two years of high school physics to them in a day if you gave them more credit and approached it the right way.

This isn't to say there aren't good and even great teachers out there in schools. There are. I just think the standard schooling system follows tradition more than sense.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Banned Array

I don't think there is anything wrong with the socializing mode of child rearing and I can see some limited advantages of the helping mode. Really I think its just common sense to apply a mixture of the two. Intrusive doesn't seem to add any value to me.