First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I'm sorry, you aren't nice enough to play with the other children. We're going to have to put you in a cage now so you won't hurt anyone else's feelings.
    I hope you never know the horrible pain of having someone mock and desecrate the memory of your dead loved one. There was no PLAY involved.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    The guy is sick but it bad facts make bad precedents like this which lead to further bad laws or applications of the law.

Putting this guy in jail with a bunch of convicts will unlikely lead to better behavior more likely it will lead to worse behavior.

Its a slippery slope as a negative precedent of government censorship and a chilling effect on other forms of speech.
    Harrassing other people is free speech? Really? You know you can press legal charges against someone for harrassing you by phone, and you can file restraining orders to keep people from stalking you, so I'd think this is not much different.

There's a difference between merely expressing yourself and actually pointedly harrassing other people with malicious intent.

I think anyone who would defend this sort of thing has some mental or emotional problems of their own.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I hope you never know the horrible pain of having someone mock and desecrate the memory of your dead loved one. There was no PLAY involved.
    I hope I do, if only to understand how people can become so fanatical or perhaps to attain a feeling of genuine righteousness as the zeal to avenge my closest companions overwhelms my obligation and desire to maintain an acceptable level of liberty in the society that I have grown to love and cherish.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I hope I do, if only to understand how people can become so fanatical or perhaps to attain a feeling of genuine righteousness as the zeal to avenge my closest companions overwhelms my obligation and desire to maintain an acceptable level of liberty in the society that I have grown to love and cherish.
    When were people ever at "liberty" to stalk and harrass other people via other mediums? Why is the Internet so different?

People have committed suicide after being bullied on the Internet.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think anyone who would defend this sort of thing has some mental or emotional problems of their own.
    At what point does throwing this man in prison for 18 months address his mental and/or emotional problems. In what way has this magistrate aided this poor individual who is clearly e-forum diagnosed as psychotic?

The only thing I can see here is that a group was offended and justice determined that the perpetrator of nasty remarks was to be jailed. It is difficult, to me, to see this as the wisest course of action and I would be concerned if rulings similar to this became the norm in developed nations.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I also find it ironic that one of the people defending this has reported me for making some silly comments to him, then pointedly put me on "ignore" then announced it.

Seems like you're awfully sensitive for someone who thinks it's okay to mock the families of dead people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

At what point does throwing this man in prison for 18 months address his mental and/or emotional problems. In what way has this magistrate aided this poor individual who is clearly e-forum diagnosed as psychotic?

The only thing I can see here is that a group was offended and justice determined that the perpetrator of nasty remarks was to be jailed. It is difficult, to me, to see this as the wisest course of action and I would be concerned if rulings similar to this became the norm in developed nations.
    Well we already know there's a lot wrong with the American justice system in terms of putting people in jail rather than giving them psychiatric treatment, I'll agree with you on that much.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Well we already know there's a lot wrong with the American justice system in terms of putting people in jail rather than giving them psychiatric treatment, I'll agree with you on that much.
    Luckily for Americans, this judge from Manchester has very little authority in my state.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Luckily for Americans, this judge from Manchester has very little authority in my state.
    The fact remains that jailing people rather than rehabilitating them is typically more of a problem here in the United States than it is in most Western European countries, and that includes England.

Thanks for pointing out that he was in Manchester, I find it puzzling then that they chose to jail him rather than give him some sort of treatment.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

At what point does throwing this man in prison for 18 months address his mental and/or emotional problems.
    This was NOT the point of your "put poor misunderstood outcast in a cage" post. You placed it in the framework of playtime and *social* unacceptablility, as if this guy merely smelled bad. These are NOT poor social skills. This is a sign of malicious forethought, regardless of his mental health. By your standard, Charles Manson should be sitting in a white-collar psych ward painting and getting 3 squares a day because it's his "right".

Yes, let's all gather around and *understand* the vile bully. That will certainly enrich our lives. Try him for the crime he's committed under the code of the law. No one skates for harrassment.

I find it interesting that your sympathies aligned with the victimizer.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious