User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Default About your Ethnicity, Culture and Race?

Are you proud of your ethnicity, culture, race? If yes how? If no why?
    What does it mean to be multicultural and multiracial to you?
    What does your cultural heritage mean to you?
    What does your ethnic and racial heritage mean to you?
    How interested are you in your history of origins?
    What is it like to be your own ethnicity or race?
    How do you feel and think about other races, ethnicity and cultures to yours?
    How do you feel and think about stereotypes given to your culture?
    How do stereotypes impact your identity in your culture and listening to other cultures?
    What are the positives and negatives knowing your culture, ethnicity and race?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

no, I didn't achieve my race/ethnicity. I had no choice to be white (although it's pretty awesome, sry)

have plural cultural b/g's and races...

not much.

not much.

slightly.

easy. have nothing else to compare it to. most of the folks here are white I'm guessing.

I'm no enthusiast but I like seeing other cultures. I don't like ones with really annoying traits, though.

I don't care

How do stereotypes impact your identity in your culture and listening to other cultures?

not at all?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

1. Are you proud of your ethnicity, culture, race? If yes how? If no why?

I'm very glad to be who and what I am. I don't resent any of it. I also heavily identify with being a Southerner.

2. What does it mean to be multicultural and multiracial to you?

Simply a bridge over water leading to another island.

3. What does your cultural heritage mean to you?

Having lived down South since the 1600s, my family/blood ties here are so strong that I have difficulty imagining myself anywhere else without feeling an empty spot deep inside me. I was asked by a friend on another board about how I see myself and I said "Southerner, then twin, then female." That was my automatic response. Being Southern has shaped my thinking, my feeling, my world view. I feel like I couldn't escape being Southern even if I wanted to. There are countless generations of my "kin" buried all over North and South Carolina. The past never passes on here, for better or worse.

It's possible that Tallulah and I are cousins. lol We share a distinct surname that you don't find everywhere. That's nutz.

4. What does your ethnic and racial heritage mean to you?

I highly identify with being both Scottish/Scots-Irish and Cherokee. The two are both quite tribal and have a history of upheaval. I think the Scots/Scots Irish and the Cherokee have an affinity.

This is my Cherokee great grandmother, Jessie Belle. She was Indian from both sides of her family from what my research has shown. Sorry it's blurry.

5. How interested are you in your history of origins?

I have extensive family trees for both my mother and father's families. I spend hours at various places gathering data. It's about building a big picture, sweeping the mist away from what would be just another memorial boneyard.

6. What is it like to be your own ethnicity or race?

Existential.

7. How do you feel and think about other races, ethnicity and cultures to yours?

I love to learn about others. The world is such an interesting place.

8. How do you feel and think about stereotypes given to your culture?

I both hate and realize the basis of them. The whole stupid, hillbilly, ultra-conservative, gun-toting jackass who married his cousin. I get it. But it also makes me mad when that's ALL we are, which isn't even remotely true. It paints all the Southerners of every skin tone and creed with an unkind and broad brush.

9. How do stereotypes impact your identity in your culture and listening to other cultures?

I know it was a point of great amusement and curiosity while overseas at school. Some of my girlfriends from school would clamor to speak to our dad on the phone because they said he sounded like a cowboy. They loved his drawl. That made me laugh.

10. What are the positives and negatives knowing your culture, ethnicity and race?

I hate the history of victimization, and since time is such a sloshing fluid for me, that horror and brutality can hit me like it happened yesterday.

I love the sense of grounding it gives me. People and place.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

No. Don't really care or consider ethnicity, culture, or race to be an essential part of who I am.

I'm neither so it doesn't mean anything to me. If I were though, still wouldn't mean anything.

Nothing.

Nothing.

I used to be interested in my history just to see if there were any patterns I saw in myself that correlated with my origins. To a certain extent, it did, but not enough for me to put more than a passing thought into it.

It's fine. When you get over the racial stereotypes and girls being uninterested in you because you're a certain race or ethnicity (never explicitly expressed, though clearly implicit), none of it really matters.

I think they're swell.

Mostly accurate. Stereotypes exist for a reason, though it sucks if you're an exception and people treat you poorly anyways.

Makes me not think about culture in looking at someone unless it's something important to them.

What are the positives and negatives knowing your culture, ethnicity and race?
    Being aware of it is fine - I think clinging to it, like clinging to anything, can create problems though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i'm a european mutt. my ancestors come from about 20 different european countries, mainly southern and western european. given that i don't have any major cultural influences, i don't have a very strong sense of cultural background. i have more recently, however, connected with a lot of people from the mostly italian-american branch of the family, and i find a sense of kinship there. imo, italian cultural standards and ENFP tendencies get along well

some of my relatives have done extensive background searching, which is really cool. it gives me a sense of groundedness and significance as a linkage in the progression of time despite how relatively short each of our individual lifespans are.

as for cultural stereotypes, i don't think i have enough rooting in any background for it to matter. american regionalities have had more of an impact on me. i'm a child of northern (usa) parents but was born and raised in the south, and so i feel a weird push-pull between the two. southerners can be extremely xenophobic, to the extent that i've been told i don't belong here, even though the south has always been my home. i think that it's cool to have both perspectives though, because i can see the differences between the two so clearly, and i can adapt well to either.

Are you proud of your ethnicity, culture, race? If yes how? If no why? Neither proud or not proud. It's what I am.

What does it mean to be multicultural and multiracial to you? As a fully western assimilated Chinese woman (yes, fully borged), being multicultural means potentially having more tolerance to other cultures.

What does your cultural heritage mean to you? It's interesting to learn about, particularly the long and rich history behind China, as a nation.

What does your ethnic and racial heritage mean to you? See above.

How interested are you in your history of origins? Very.

What is it like to be your own ethnicity or race? Difficult to describe beyond I am. But I have experienced racism which really is no fun.

How do you feel and think about other races, ethnicity and cultures to yours? They're people who might or might not be interesting, might or might not have cultures that are interesting.

How do you feel and think about stereotypes given to your culture? It makes me shrug and say, whatever.

How do stereotypes impact your identity in your culture and listening to other cultures? Not at all beyond experiencing racism. When it happens, the decision made is whether it's worth the effort or not, to bother debunking it. Most often, I couldn't be bothered. The ignorant can remain ignorant.

What are the positives and negatives knowing your culture, ethnicity and race? Neither. They just are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

This is a strange question I post in many ways its like asking are you proud of being human. And then that would be most certainly I am proud of who I am first. And then its like then there has been a long time for me to have grown up in disharmony towards what my background entails and I'm still uncertain where I fit in when it comes to my role however I am certainly proud of my ethnicity and race. And while this the origins is Slavic and Caucasian then it would be that I'm appreciative of some aspects and confused by others.

This is challenging for me to answer even though I posed it. Because I've been going through life confused as to where I should be in terms of the multicultural society that I find myself in that is Australian. Of course while there have been subtle problems here and there I think much of them have actually come from my family more than the anything and their attitude. Of course their experiences are such. I do think that there is a bias towards English naturally and that culturally Australia, being in Perth really. Tends to have sections of communities that are in their sub multicultural multiculturalism. What that means is you'll find certain demographics would tend to shop at certain places more than others. For instance some parts would have many Italians and then there would be more shops catering to that culture. While other parts would have more Vietnamese and then there would be stores more to accommodate that market. But then coming from a European background I have found less affinity with cultures here. As I've come to uncover I am part Hungarian and Slovakian. And while there is a strong Czech group there isn't so much for Slovakia, was reluctant to go. Even while in Brisbane there was a brilliant Slovakian society there and drove right up to their administration building but was uncomfortable. Strangely I haven't really tried looking much into my Hungarian heritage.

What does your cultural heritage mean to you?Although since I am Australian most of my life then I am happy being here and yet I find where I was from more interesting nowadays I suppose to learn how far back I can take it and how many are connected to be culturally like that.

What does your ethnic and racial heritage mean to you?This is tough for me to say because I'm unsure. I tried looking, I found I have cousins in America, Spain and Russia. I tried to make a family tree though it doesn't go far, nobody seems to be as interested or at least my brother was, he didn't get far either. I talked with my cousins and I tried to find out but there is a language barrier and reluctance. Hahah thank goodness for google translate. I don't know how to read or write Slovakian but of coarse I can read the easy words. And now that most of my family have passed away its something I want to look into more. And there is a lack of any Hungarian background even though I am half which is disconcerting.

How interested are you in your history of origins?Yeah a lot. I would like to go back and visit Slovakia someday, I can get a duel citizenship if I want to and work in Europe which is a perk I guess. I would like to know the Hungarian side too though there seems to be none left from my mothers side and whats left is convoluted but there are plenty from my fathers side.

What is it like to be your own ethnicity or race?I don't know per say I guess, I have been feeling unsure. Yeah certainly being white would make the transition as is yet I've felt I still haven't fit in or belonged anywhere specific.

How do you feel and think about other races, ethnicity and cultures to yours?I find people interesting of all walks of life. I've noticed I am open, I have been from the beginning, in high school I tended to join many social and ethnic groups without hesitation and out of place but comforted with many cultures.

How do you feel and think about stereotypes given to your culture?I didn't get very many, I tended to blend in.

How do stereotypes impact your identity in your culture and listening to other cultures?Well I've felt confused about who I am for a long time so this is tough to talk about.

What are the positives and negatives knowing your culture, ethnicity and race? Positives well I suppose I can blend in. Negatives I don't really know how to properly fit in even though I should be able to.

haha got carried