User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. #21
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    A) There would be others to fill their shoes...preferably better trained with traditional journalistic ethics...NTs please!
    Let's not get crazy here.


    B) Fuck those "many people". They can just try and think for themselves...fuck them in the a$$.
    Their opinions count as much as yours does. They vote with their remotes (and, thus, dollars).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #22
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    [youtube="y4hruz5_Euo"]Reality of Media bias[/youtube]
    Thank God someone had the balls to say that. The dumbest notion in politics is "you have to respect the office."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  3. #23
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    They vote with their remotes (and, thus, dollars).
    I disagree. There is no meaningfull vote via remote besides the vote of not watching TV news. If there was a relatively unbiased option that was equally marketed it would eventually get more of the vote. Corporate sponsership of mass propoganda however pays more then the commercial advertising dollars.
    Last edited by Vizconde; 11-08-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  4. #24
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Absolutely they should (and do), but they don't have the right not to suffer consequences in their careers for it. MSNBC isn't restricted from disciplining or firing him unless stated somewhere in his contract.
    Certainly they're not... To paraphrase Talleyrand, I'm not arguing against the suspension because it was a crime; I'm arguing against it because it was worse, a blunder.

  5. #25
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    spamtar, as against biased journalism as I am, it's absurd to think people who want to hear their ideas constantly reinforced, either on the left or right, are gonna wanna hear objective news instead.

    I fully believe if Glenn Beck and Walter Kronkite were on the air at the same time nightly, starting from the same level of notoriety and using the same skills they have displayed in their careers so far, Beck would KILL Kronkite. So would Olbermann.

    No one wants objective. They want a self-righteous mental jerk-off.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  6. #26
    Senior Member Beargryllz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    MSNBC's Olbermann Suspended for Political Donations

    I was shocked. My first thought was that apparently MSNBC had been employing this guy for years without anyone bothering to check and see, like, who he was. How could this come as a surprise at anyone that ran that network?

    And for what reason? Journalistic ethics? Hasn't Olbermann essentially become an op-ed guy? Do the same rules apply to him? Could you imagine Fox News suspending Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reily, or Sean Hannity for donating to the Republicans?

    MSNBC, you have neither a sense of direction nor any balls, like NPR.
    I think you grossly underestimate the importance of integrity. The little respect I had for MSNBC before this story developed has been developed into firm respect.

  7. #27
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Don't think Cronkite was objective either. He wasn't. Nobody is.

  8. #28
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    My opinion of the belief in objective news sources is kind of like my opinion of the belief that we as a society are past racism. It's totally incorrect, and insidiously dangerous to believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I think you grossly underestimate the importance of integrity. The little respect I had for MSNBC before this story developed has been developed into firm respect.
    What exactly is the integrity in this action?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] So.. if life's a bitch, then am I wrong for trying to enjoy the ride?
    By mysavior in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
  2. Keith Olbermann has the nuts to speak the truth on National Television
    By Didums in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 08:22 AM
  3. got a new one for you to figure on
    By razorback in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 08:37 PM
  4. Advice for soon-to-be undergraduate students.
    By Bear Warp in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
  5. What's the word for "pertaining to children"
    By darlets in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO