User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Voted about a half-hour ago, no problems whatsoever, though I was worried that my beat-up old driver's liscence wouldn't register on the bar-code reading machines that are new to my district.

I'm mad with myself, though; there were a bunch of elections for judges that I did not know of beforehand. The races were mostly non-partisan, leaving me no means to guess at the judicial philosophy of the candidates, so I had to skip those.

I did make sure to vote 'no' on any proposed amendment to the State Constitution on a mid-term election, however-politicians usually only do that if they're trying to avoid public scrutiny, and I wish to discourage that.

Just got back from voting.

The line was a little long for such a small place, and the poll workers looked at me kinda funny. Apparently (from what I overheard) this community is filled with people who have been here for many, many years. I have only been here for 5 years, and voted by mail the last few elections.

All-in-all, it went pretty smoothly. Took about a half hour.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Because for the Libertarian Party, a great showing still = losing everywhere. It would just help Sestak, which you don't want if you're right-of-center.
    I personally don't care if it doesn't result in a win. I think this climate is a real chance for a third party to have it's views heard.

Even if they loose, a strong showing by Libertarians would tell the nation that we don't like what's going on in Washington, but we don't want to put the Republicans back in power either.

I don't want to derail this thread with a debate, however, so I made another one.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ood-thing.html

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENFJ

I probably should vote because I just turned 18, but I mean, I just moved here and don't watch TV, so I have no idea what's going on politically.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I probably should vote because I just turned 18, but I mean, I just moved here and don't watch TV, so I have no idea what's going on politically.
    That's okay, watching TV has little to do with knowing anything about politics.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I voted after I dropped my kids off at school.
    It was a piece of cake; no traffic or crowd to deal with at all.
    I'm in Florida.
    Took you five minutes right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I didn't vote even though I could have done it without even getting into a car (there is a polling place in the lobby of my apartment building). This is the first election I haven't voted in since Bush vs. Kerry. I guess I have a difficult time getting motivated when the choices are giant douche and turd sandwich.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I guess I have a difficult time getting motivated when the choices are giant douche and turd sandwich.
    Or when you let South Park shape your political attitude.

People like to say Dems and Reps are one in the same, but the voting records between the parties are completely polarized, especially now. So if a Dem or Rep gets elected, it makes a large enough of a difference, even if you like neither of them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Just returned from voting. My husband and I leashed up the dog and walked over to the polling place, about a 5 minute walk. It took me about 5 minutes total at the polling place, but the spouse wasn't registered in our district because he hadn't voted in the primaries so I waited outside with the pooch for him. All in all, a highly satisfactory voting experience. I really like being able to walk to the polls. I love living in the city.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/