User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I can see why Americans would want to invade Canada, it is a nicer place and has much more attractive women too.
    I can see how, after spending three months in the dark, you might think that...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I couldn't possibly answer that question without some idea of what the conditions of victory are.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is what I was thinking, considering the US doesn't exactly have the best track record in assymetrical warfare.
    I don't know about that - maybe if one restricts their analysis to more recent history.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I don't know about that - maybe if one restricts their analysis to more recent history.
    What's the Canadian military's track record in winning any significant military conflict in the last 100 years or more, right?

If the U.S. pursued total warfare in its purest form, our track record would be impeccable, but we'd also be a bunch of murderous swine, so this whole conversation is starting to blow.

Everybody get naked already and makeup.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Also, to say that Canada kicked USA's ass in 1812 is like saying the US kicked the French's ass in the French and Indian war.
    I said "the last time the US invaded Canada they got their asses kicked," not "Canada kicked the USA's ass".

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I couldn't possibly answer that question without some idea of what the conditions of victory are.
    We assume in toto ownership of the Molson breweries and all the Tim Horton's franchises, and we get to give back Michael J. Fox and William Shatner.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

All we need is the Northwest Territories and everything west of Saskatchewan + Toronto; it wouldn’t be worth putting up with the attitudes of the rest of the county. I would consider the US odds of a win at over 95% then on to Mexico.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    What's the Canadian military's track record in winning any significant military conflict in the last 100 years or more, right?
    I'm not aware of Canada fighting any war on its own, but largely playing a support role for the greater cause of the British Empire* and/or American interests. In fairness, I have heard that Canadian forces were held in high regard in WWI by their German foes. Also Canadians showed considerable courage when they stormed Juno Bearch on D-Day.

[youtube="knxR-Q2VoBE"]Canadians in WWI[/youtube]

*So we have the potential issue of America having to face off against the British and ANZAC as well who would join in support of their brethern within the Commonwealth. This could serve to cause America a few headaches, but whether or not that's enough to tip the scale against America is another issue. I sincerely doubt it, but that's probably Canada's best chance in such a conflict.

Sniffles

Also there's a variable about the status of Quebec in all this, especially if America gives overtures of granting independence for assistance from seperatist factions. I've heard that French-Canadians makeup a considerable portion of the Canadian military(30-40% perhaps), so Canada's hands could be tied here.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I am sorry that we brought Justin Bieber into the world...please don't invade us!!!

But really..

There's a reason Canadians are so polite.

With USA right underneath us we have to stay on our toes. >__>
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D