User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 36

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default How is America so dense?

    I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I think Mike Gravel is the best chance we have at a great America.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

  2. #2
    Senior Member wedekit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Maybe the key to a great America is not the president but the people. A president can't do much good if the people aren't willing to contribute to the effort. Americans should realize that a country should work as a team. But they wont.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

  3. #3
    Highly Hollow Wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Maybe the key to a great America is not the president but the people. A president can't do much good if the people aren't willing to contribute to the effort. Americans should realize that a country should work as a team. But they wont.
    In turn, one could argue that the people won't work as a team because there is no good coach to rouse and unite them

    Egg and chicken: which comes first? A good team, or a good coach?

  4. #4
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Well, there are too many disparate ideas and groups trying to coexist within the same political system, so everything is held together by a tenuous compromise that inhibits progress in any given direction. It probably doesn't help that the education system is not up to the standards of many other developed nations, and that the media reports things in a way that often distracts attention from critical issues rather than addressing them.

  5. #5
    The Destroyer Colors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Shame us into voting for Mike Gravel, eh? I kinda like Kucinich, myself. Too bad he stepped out of the race today.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Roger Mexico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makaub View Post
    I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I think Mike Gravel is the best chance we have at a great America.
    Well, in that case, we're well fucked, aren't we?
    "Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even if you never touch its coattails."
    --Clarence Darrow

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Shame us into voting for Mike Gravel, eh? I kinda like Kucinich, myself. Too bad he stepped out of the race today.
    thats....um...the reason i back Gravel. I was a Kucinich guy but only an idiot votes for someone who dropped out of the race.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Well, there are too many disparate ideas and groups trying to coexist within the same political system, so everything is held together by a tenuous compromise that inhibits progress in any given direction. It probably doesn't help that the education system is not up to the standards of many other developed nations, and that the media reports things in a way that often distracts attention from critical issues rather than addressing them.
    see this is the exact reason the world needs conquering.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    824

    Default

    I think that proposing the question of "How is America so dense?" definitely begs and/or deserves a better solution than "Vote for [candidate of the month]".

    I also think that "How" would be better served as "Why". I think we know how, why we still are is that pervasive mystery that keeps eluding us.

  10. #10
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Are we doing as well as we could be? No. But we aren't exactly the retards everyone touts us to be. You can't exactly be the dumbest country on earth while simultaneously being the most powerful. What do you expect from a country founded on deviancy and rebellious behaviour?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Similar Threads

  1. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
  2. Why is this so funny?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM
  3. How is your life this very moment?
    By lastrailway in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 07:43 PM
  4. How is your type misunderstood?
    By labyrinthine in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:50 PM
  5. How is your self-esteem?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 03:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO