User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

We are a country founded by rebels, outcasts, criminals, and gunslingers.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

We're all misfit toys.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.

We're all misfit toys.
    To you both, Founded by, and currently controlled by, unfortunately, are VERY different things. Do you see how many people insist America was founded on "christian ideals"? Benjamin Franklin was in the fuckin HELLFIRE club.

I Love America. Do not misunderstand. But I loathe the direction we have taken. It is like trying to swim upstream to get somewhere, even though there is a nicely formed path within sight.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

MBTI
    INFJ

Benjamin Franklin was a deist... the Hellfire club members were hedonists mislabeled as satanists. Anyways, since we're talking about good 'ol Franklin:

"Like the other advocates of republicanism, Franklin emphasized that the new republic could survive only if the people were virtuous in the sense of attention to civic duty and rejection of corruption. All his life he had been exploring the role of civic and personal virtue, as expressed in Poor Richard's aphorisms... Like most Enlightenment intellectuals, Franklin separated virtue, morality, and faith from organized religion, although he felt that if religion in general grew weaker, morality, virtue, and society in general would also decline. Thus he wrote Thomas Paine, "If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be if without it.""

As mentioned before, I'm not insisting everyone go join a religion. I was making the point that our founding fathers established America with expectation for everyone to maintain their personal/civic virtue in order to prevent corruption. Well, morals are disappearing and now America is on a slippery slope of putrefaction. I love America too, but Americans don't love each other. So we're screwed.

In this city, I can't even walk to my car in the parking garage across the street without worrying about getting mugged. Then after these thugs mug people, they send a prayer to God asking for forgiveness and then walk away with a clear conscience. I guess you could say religion poses its own problems as well. Anything is corruptible in the hands of the ignorant. Maybe excess in uneducated people is what America's problem is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Egg and chicken: which comes first? A good team, or a good coach?
    I'm shocked this question is still floating around. In both situations, the team and the egg, one helps the other. The team continues to evolve and get better, just like the egg, while the chicken becomes stronger emerging from a stronger egg, just as the coach(es) improve by being promoted from a strong team.

One hand washes the other -- hasn't anyone seen Cop and a Half?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTJ

America isn't mostly dense, America is mostly indifferent. Which is a hell of a lot worse in my opinion, because to be conscious of faults and not do anything is akin to sinning.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    America isn't mostly dense, America is mostly indifferent. Which is a hell of a lot worse in my opinion, because to be conscious of faults and not do anything is akin to sinning.
    I agree. Just on the news the other day I heard about a girl who was stabbed multiple times in a parking lot and plenty of people looked out there windows and saw it happen... but no one called 911.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Maybe the key to a great America is not the president but the people. A president can't do much good if the people aren't willing to contribute to the effort. Americans should realize that a country should work as a team. But they wont.
    I think this is something that Obama has been attempting to convey all along. Not only Gravel, but Kucinich and Paul all have something to say, however will never be elected.

I agree with the first response that this is our fault as a nation for allowing it to occur. If this nation wants change, then we vote it in. Washington likes the division to make it easier to manage us. We can't blame anyone but ourselves.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I agree. Just on the news the other day I heard about a girl who was stabbed multiple times in a parking lot and plenty of people looked out there windows and saw it happen... but no one called 911.
    That seems to occur in other places as well, and other times as well. (Kitty Genovese being the more famous one, and happy slapping type stuff as well.)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Makaub View Post
    I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I think Mike Gravel is the best chance we have at a great America.
    Wow, I didn't think that many people knew of Gravel. He's definitely the only candidate that doesn't make me worry. I honestly cannot understand how Ron Paul has such a huge e-following, but barely anyone has heard of Gravel.

MBTI
    istp

stupidity is an equal opportunity employer