User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    In turn, one could argue that the people won't work as a team because there is no good coach to rouse and unite them

Egg and chicken: which comes first? A good team, or a good coach?
    If you choose to try and lead any people they force you to take an early retirement into martyrdom... and then they'll make you a nation holiday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Are we doing as well as we could be? No. But we aren't exactly the retards everyone touts us to be. You can't exactly be the dumbest country on earth while simultaneously being the most powerful. What do you expect from a country founded on deviancy and rebellious behaviour?
    What do I expect? Iran destroying an American military base and than us entering a true WWIII Where we begin with the "Bomb" as we so well put it, and drop it on the Iranians the way we did the Japanese.

why?
    Because 9/11 was the same way. (inb4 controversy from those who think the diaper head terrorists did it still) We egged a nation on fucking with it's economy the way only America can, They decided Allah hates Jesus, and that America represents Jesus, and so, boom.

While you can't believe most things said in crazy person media (like conspiracy nut crap) But even lies have a shred of truth, and those shreds have painted a terrifying picture for me where we enter 1 of 3 different worlds that really really do not look "American" as the constitution would consider it.
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Makaub View Post
    What do I expect? Iran destroying an American military base and than us entering a true WWIII Where we begin with the "Bomb" as we so well put it, and drop it on the Iranians the way we did the Japanese.
    Even Iran isn't stupid enough to destroy an American military installation for the hell of it, and if they did there would be no World War III about it. We would unequivocally be supported by the Allied nations, which are vastly superior militarily to anyone who would support Iran in their attack. And there is very little mutually assured destruction aspect when dealing with Iran. They could deal massive damage if they had a nuke, but they definitely don't have enough to wipe us out, whereas we could destroy their country utterly. After all, Iraq used to have the 4th largest military in the world. I would like to see how you think this would lead to World War III.

Because 9/11 was the same way. (inb4 controversy from those who think the diaper head terrorists did it still) We egged a nation on fucking with it's economy the way only America can, They decided Allah hates Jesus, and that America represents Jesus, and so, boom.
    There is far more to it than that, and it has very little to do with America representing Jesus. And I take it you are of the opinion that the terrorists did not do it. Who did it, then? Afghanistan with all of its nationalism? If it was Iran, it was a very poorly planned maneuver that ultimately backfired.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    OMNi

why?

While you can't believe most things said in crazy person media (like conspiracy nut crap) But even lies have a shred of truth, and those shreds have painted a terrifying picture for me where we enter 1 of 3 different worlds that really really do not look "American" as the constitution would consider it.
    What kind of thinking is this for an ENTJ to have? The Chinese symbol for "crisis" is the same one used for "opportunity". The world will soon be ripe for the picking. These are glorious days for the XNTJs.

But seriously, what will happen will happen. We can only make the best out of the here an now. No point worrying about the things we have little or no control over. History shows that it is the times that change America. Our job is to be ready when the times come crashing through our front door.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Even Iran isn't stupid enough to destroy an American military installation for the hell of it, and if they did there would be no World War III about it. We would unequivocally be supported by the Allied nations, which are vastly superior militarily to anyone who would support Iran in their attack. And there is very little mutually assured destruction aspect when dealing with Iran. They could deal massive damage if they had a nuke, but they definitely don't have enough to wipe us out, whereas we could destroy their country utterly. After all, Iraq used to have the 4th largest military in the world. I would like to see how you think this would lead to World War III.

There is far more to it than that, and it has very little to do with America representing Jesus. And I take it you are of the opinion that the terrorists did not do it. Who did it, then? Afghanistan with all of its nationalism? If it was Iran, it was a very poorly planned maneuver that ultimately backfired.
    Well, I'll first apologize indeed some thinhs I said were odd. I tend to.....boild things down. A lot. Like turning a soup into a syrup.

I can't claim to KNOW who really cause the WTC attack, but let me just say that i have yet to rule out terrorists, nationalists, or even (god forbid such a horror exist) a conspiracy built by our own government to get us to claim whatever.

"Representing Jesus" may have been a poor way to try and refer to it...
    However, you cannot say NO BODY sees a connection between bush invading people for no reason, and him giving the last pope a presidential medal of honor (or something I can't remember the name it's just a real prestigious medal). And with guys like those "God hates fags" bastards (I forget their church name at the moment) We are most certainly NOT giving off a positive religious impression.

Than yes theres the economic and military sides, which are massive, but more recent. They are after all, rather pissed we don;t ALL worship Allah. Or Jehovah. Or [INSERT RELIGIOUS IDOL HERE].
    This is life. So go and have a ball. Because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...my opening statement. Sit, Ubu, sit. Good dog.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    What kind of thinking is this for an ENTJ to have? The Chinese symbol for "crisis" is the same one used for "opportunity". The world will soon be ripe for the picking. These are glorious days for the XNTJs.

But seriously, what will happen will happen. We can only make the best out of the here an now. No point worrying about the things we have little or no control over. History shows that it is the times that change America. Our job is to be ready when the times come crashing through our front door.
    Oh trust me my friend, I see the world very optimistically. There will be no better opportunity than in the upcoming, but at the same time you KNOW there is a group already poised to try and take the world in the name of a damning purpose.

We're gonna see something in between video game RPG's and star wars.
    Wish us luck.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Why is America so dense? because there's too many people and not enough land

I'd say that it's because people generally see it in thier best interest to act in accordance with what is best for them NOW- rather short sighted and poorly thought out, but people aren't always bright!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

"Representing Jesus" may have been a poor way to try and refer to it...
    However, you cannot say NO BODY sees a connection between bush invading people for no reason, and him giving the last pope a presidential medal of honor (or something I can't remember the name it's just a real prestigious medal). And with guys like those "God hates fags" bastards (I forget their church name at the moment) We are most certainly NOT giving off a positive religious impression.
    Is he even Catholic? I would highly suspect that giving the Pope a medal is not just for religious purposes. He probably is barely even religious. He practically grew up in New England and was a party animal by all accounts. "Being religious" is a good way of getting Conservative support.

And Bush did not "invade people for no reason." No political party/structure would allow a president to invade someone for no reason, and that is just a simple fact. Finish off a national powerhouse in the Middle East? Possibly. Have easier access to oil? Possibly. Establish another strategic stronghold in the Middle East? Looks like it. War isn't pretty, but it pretty much never happens for no reason. And if it were a war for religious purposes I highly doubt that we would have chosen one of the two nations that contains the vast quantity of the Shi'ite minority.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office

MBTI
    INFJ

I've pondered over it some more. Why are Americans dense? Let's see...

Americans replace morals with laws. For example, laws such as "freedom of speech" were not made so trashy magazines could invade celebrities' privacy and reveal their personal lives to the world. No one has a sense of what is right and what is wrong anymore. No one seems to understand that the laws are not boundaries but rather guidelines. I'm not saying believe in God, I'm saying that if you want to live within a society there are general unspoken ethics we all must follow and there is no getting around that. The founding fathers would most likely reconsider what they fought for if they could see how distorted and misplaced their cause has become. They wanted everyone to have individual freedom with the assumption that each individual would maintain their own religious/moral responsibility. A big chunk of America's foundation has been successfully chipped away because of our collective failure to do so. Will we patch it in time or should we just sit back and watch it fall?

There you go. An INFJ prophesy served fresh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Americans replace morals with laws. For example, laws such as "freedom of speech" were not made so trashy magazines could invade celebrities' privacy and reveal their personal lives to the world. No one has a sense of what is right and what is wrong anymore. No one seems to understand that the laws are not boundaries but rather guidelines. I'm not saying believe in God, I'm saying that if you want to live within a society there are general unspoken ethics we all must follow and there is no getting around that. The founding fathers would most likely reconsider what they fought for if they could see how distorted and misplaced their cause has become. They wanted everyone to have individual freedom with the assumption that each individual would maintain their own religious/moral responsibility. A big chunk of America's foundation has been successfully chipped away because of our collective failure to do so. Will we patch it in time or should we just sit back and watch it fall?
    I personally don't think we ever did have this, without religion. We are a country founded by rebels, outcasts, criminals, and gunslingers.