User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did Lee Harvey Oswalt Act Alone?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he acted alone.

    10 45.45%
  • There were other conspirators, but he pulled the trigger

    8 36.36%
  • There were other conspirators, and he did not pull the trigger

    1 4.55%
  • He was framed and innocent of any crimes

    1 4.55%
  • No opinion

    2 9.09%
First 567

Results 61 to 65 of 65

  1. #61
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Hey Lateralus,

    What are your thoughts toward the mass of evidence listed in my post above?
    In your opinion is that all circumstantial, and/or heresay?
    I haven't looked at it in detail and I don't have the time or desire to. I have looked at some similar claims in the past and they've always been debunked. I don't think I need to look at all possible claims to rule out the idea that there was some massive conspiracy because not all claims are falsifiable (based on the information we have available to us).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #62
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I think it's interesting to point out how different the results here on TypoC are from the general (American) populace: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/...ain23166.shtml

    Whether that because of the strength of evidence against the one-man theory and inconsistencies revolving around the facts as Arclight argues or, like Jock and I noted, people don't like to think someone so important and powerful is susceptible to one nut with a gun or because of persistent popular culture references to a cover-up isn't clear, but there you have it.
    As I said earlier in the thread, I honestly believe movies like JFK have a big impact here. Many Americans simply don't know the facts and they don't bother to investigate (they're intellectually lazy). They don't even know enough to know that the movie JFK was a work of fiction.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #63
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I haven't looked at it in detail and I don't have the time or desire to.
    Fair enough, and a good day to you too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I have looked at some similar claims in the past and they've always been debunked. I don't think I need to look at all possible claims to rule out the idea that there was some massive conspiracy because not all claims are falsifiable (based on the information we have available to us).
    Your dismissal of the Kennedy assasination being some kind of conspiracy is based on high-level, non-specific, and over generalized information.
    The facts I offered up for consideration in my earlier post here were all cited in a policy analysis course I took about a year and a half ago.
    The professor who teaches this course is a highly regarded scholar in the field of public administration.
    Often you are one of the most informative people on this site, but on this particular topic I think you've missed that mark.
    No evidence that I am aware of supports your statement that claims of the JFK assassination being a conspiracy have always been debunked.
    Maybe no one camp of people can ever prove or disprove the true nature of this horrid historical event, but if you're going to write it off your argument would be alot more credible if backed up by facts instead of generalizations.

    Cheers,

    -Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  4. #64
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Your dismissal of the Kennedy assasination being some kind of conspiracy is based on high-level, non-specific, and over generalized information.
    It could be, but I haven't found anything compelling enough for me to take any conspiracy theories seriously. This is not because I'm pro-establishment, it's that I'm a very difficult person to convince of anything.

    The facts I offered up for consideration in my earlier post here were all cited in a policy analysis course I took about a year and a half ago.
    The professor who teaches this course is a highly regarded scholar in the field of public administration.
    Perhaps I'll take a closer look sometime. I'll admit that I am biased against conspiracy claims, in general, because most of them are garbage and I just don't want to waste my time on something that is nothing more than fantasy. In my mind, if the claims had legitimacy, there would be more mainstream support (I'm not talking about public perception, rather scientists and the like). I know that isn't always the case, but it's a good rule of thumb.

    Often you are one of the most informative people on this site, but on this particular topic I think you've missed that mark.
    No evidence that I am aware of supports your statement that claims of the JFK assassination being a conspiracy have always been debunked.
    I didn't say that all have been debunked, only the ones I've researched. There are so many claims, I could devote my life to researching these things and still never research them all.

    Maybe no one camp of people can ever prove or disprove the true nature of this horrid historical event, but if you're going to write it off your argument would be alot more credible if backed up by facts instead of generalizations.
    It's been several years since I've looked into this, so my memory is fuzzy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #65
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It could be, but I haven't found anything compelling enough for me to take any conspiracy theories seriously. This is not because I'm pro-establishment, it's that I'm a very difficult person to convince of anything.
    We share the same affliction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Perhaps I'll take a closer look sometime. I'll admit that I am biased against conspiracy claims, in general, because most of them are garbage and I just don't want to waste my time on something that is nothing more than fantasy. In my mind, if the claims had legitimacy, there would be more mainstream support (I'm not talking about public perception, rather scientists and the like). I know that isn't always the case, but it's a good rule of thumb.
    True enough. Few rules fit all possible cases, but time is a precious resource, so we must use the rules that allow us to get the most done in the least time with the best results.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I didn't say that all have been debunked, only the ones I've researched. There are so many claims, I could devote my life to researching these things and still never research them all.
    Understood, we all have higher priority things to do than research conspiracy theories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's been several years since I've looked into this, so my memory is fuzzy.
    These things happen.

    I only posted what I did as the course I took was phenomenal, and the professor made a brilliant case that the items in the list I typed up earlier (BTW, that is a partial list of that he used in the class, it's all I could recall on short notice when prompted here) serve as an interesting preponderance of evidence (albeit circumstancial) that the possibility of foul play is indeed real.

    That event was so long ago, the forensic technology back then was primordial, and the evidence was not properly sequestered to serve as a base for modern forensic analysis even if it was available.

    Again, I'm not hating, I just thought the info interesting and thought you might also, it's all good.

    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] My INFP others: Have you truly felt alone? What did you do? [Other NF's may reply].
    By Kiwi-INFP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-17-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. How did you get the politics you did
    By Zergling in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTx, how did you act in high school?
    By Illmatic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 06:02 AM
  4. Lee Harvey Oswald's type
    By Cinnamon Sugar in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 03:45 AM
  5. How did you find out about MBTI?
    By Economica in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO