User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did Lee Harvey Oswalt Act Alone?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he acted alone.

10 45.45%
  • There were other conspirators, but he pulled the trigger

8 36.36%
  • There were other conspirators, and he did not pull the trigger

1 4.55%
  • He was framed and innocent of any crimes

1 4.55%
  • No opinion

2 9.09%
First 4567 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I hate to leap into a conversation that I haven't been part of just to point out a random flaw, but you can't really PROVE something most likely happened. "Most likely" implies that that there is doubt. If there is doubt, it hasn't been "proven". The way you worded that sentence just struck me as very, very odd.
    Yes, it is. So just reword it: "....documentaries which concluded that he most likely acted alone."
    (There, that was easy!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think it's interesting to point out how different the results here on TypoC are from the general (American) populace: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/...ain23166.shtml

Whether that because of the strength of evidence against the one-man theory and inconsistencies revolving around the facts as Arclight argues or, like Jock and I noted, people don't like to think someone so important and powerful is susceptible to one nut with a gun or because of persistent popular culture references to a cover-up isn't clear, but there you have it.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP

Conclusion.

1. Deduction.
    2. Inference.

It was not easy, Jennifer.

There are people here who disbelieve in authority. It is all right, I often disbelieve in authority myself. Not always. They lied about the Kennedy murder, true. Not about the towers.

There are people here who say Oswald was the lone shooter. They have no evidence whatsoever. So why they say he was the lone assassin? Because they believe in authority.
    And what if they had been born in Berlin in 1920?
    They would have been in the Hitler Jugend.
    Oswald did not act alone. Nor did Hitler.

A window to the soul

Conspiracy? No wayz! He's just a bad man with a big bad gun, a birdseye view and twisted time on his hands. Prolly sat there eatin' animal crackers and gurgling chocolate milk through a squiggly straw too while he was waitin'...

The end.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

There are people here who say Oswald was the lone shooter. They have no evidence whatsoever. So why they say he was the lone assassin? Because they believe in authority.
    And what if they had been born in Berlin in 1920?
    They would have been in the Hitler Jugend.
    Oswald did not act alone. Nor did Hitler.
    Well, how can we have evidence of something that didn't happen (i.e. a conspiracy)? One can't prove George Clooney and Condolezza Rice didn't give Kim Jong Il the uranium to make his first nuke. But, if I proposed this did happen, it stands to reason I need to prove it. I don't believe in the tooth fairy. I don't have evidence, but the startling lack of evidence they do exist is mainly why I disbelieve it.

The entire point of proving there is no Kennedy conspiracy (or that Clooney and Rice aren't working with North Korea, or in the tooth fairy) is having no evidence to support such hypotheses.

On the plus side, I totally agree Hitler didn't act alone. No, wait. That depends on the specific act you are referring to.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

[YOUTUBE="UblnZE4LTjY"]JFK Assassination[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Well, how can we have evidence of something that didn't happen (i.e. a conspiracy)? One can't prove George Clooney and Condolezza Rice didn't give Kim Jong Il the uranium to make his first nuke. But, if I proposed this did happen, it stands to reason I need to prove it. I don't believe in the tooth fairy. I don't have evidence, but the startling lack of evidence they do exist is mainly why I disbelieve it.

The entire point of proving there is no Kennedy conspiracy (or that Clooney and Rice aren't working with North Korea, or in the tooth fairy) is having no evidence to support such hypotheses.

On the plus side, I totally agree Hitler didn't act alone. No, wait. That depends on the specific act you are referring to.
    Is the picture another picture when you turn it around?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

When you turn around a picture, you know it's turned around because you can see the back of the frame, or the evidence it has been moved, or any number of other signs. You need to show me the back of the frame, or else I'll just assume there isn't any picture to begin with. Just saying "I have the original Mona Lisa. Just believe me" isn't really gonna do much. Showing me the back of the picture makes me think there is some kind of image on the other side, the specific details of which are unknown (indeed, it is possible you've even been sold an empty frame).

[/droppingpictureanalogy]

MBTI
    INTP

Thank you for your kind education.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Evidence?? LOL what evidence would exist if the people who killed him were also in control of the "investigation" afterward??

I look at how much I can cover something up with just my one brain and little resources.

What could I do with control of the media and Millions and millions of dollars at my disposal?? Why, I might be able to convince you I landed on the moon.
    Please don't tell me that you are seriously suggesting that because there is no evidence it was a conspiracy, is itself evidence of a conspiracy.

Conspiracy Theories by there very nature are ridiculous. You can't seriously believe that one person would be able to control the entire worlds media, that is a pure imposibility.

Oh and on the issue of the moon landings, please don't be so naive, there was technology placed on the surface of the moon which will reflect a laser beam, there is no way it could of got there without a person physically doing it.