User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did Lee Harvey Oswalt Act Alone?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he acted alone.

    10 45.45%
  • There were other conspirators, but he pulled the trigger

    8 36.36%
  • There were other conspirators, and he did not pull the trigger

    1 4.55%
  • He was framed and innocent of any crimes

    1 4.55%
  • No opinion

    2 9.09%
First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 65

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow, Arc.
    If you want me to see you as paranoid without reading the rest of this thread, that was exactly the right question to ask.

    You were the last post in the thread.

    I was responding to you in an impartial fashion -- I really don't know who is at fault here, althought traditionally people have been making these claims for years, along with how Bush was behind 9/11, blah blah blah, and it's still essentially a fringe opinion. But I'd still entertain it, depending on what evidence could be brought to bear.

    I just said, "Let's let the evidence speak for itself, let's knock off the armchair analyses," which was aimed at everyone in this thread; and quoted you because you were the most recent post and the one that showed up on my Friends feed on the main page that actually brought me to this thread.

    That's all.
    See?? now I am paranoid.. Maybe if you read the whole thread before responding?? Maybe if this wasn't about the 6th or 7th time I was in the middle of being insulted and trying to defend myself, that a mod came in at the end of something without following the whole thread and said "cool down here" while quoting me, I wouldn't be so paranoid??

    And was the comment about critical thinking impartial? It seemed to be very directly aimed at me..

    Just some thoughts

  2. #42
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    It's the quotes! RUN!

    """""""

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    See?? now I am paranoid.. Maybe if you read the whole thread before responding?? Maybe if this wasn't about the 6th or 7th time I was in the middle of being insulted and trying to defend myself, that a mod came in at the end of something without following the whole thread and said "cool down here" while quoting me, I wouldn't be so paranoid??

    Just some thoughts
    1. Disagreement with or even dismissal of your ideas is not an insult.

    2. No one called you a "nutter" or anything of the kind. People said they thought you were wrong, and they speculated as to why you might believe what you do. None of the possible motivations anyone attributed to you are unusual, let alone mentally unbalanced.

    3. Your ability to interpret broad speculative statements as personal insults is truly impressive.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    1. Disagreement with or even dismissal of your ideas is not an insult.

    2. No one called you a "nutter" or anything of the kind. People said they thought you were wrong, and they speculated as to why you might believe what you do. None of the possible motivations anyone attributed to you are unusual, let alone mentally unbalanced.

    3. Your ability to interpret broad speculative statements as personal insults is truly impressive.
    1. Correct.. But Psychoanalyzing me while not even directly speaking to me is.

    2. People continued to "speculate" as what my behavior meant after I had explicitly explained my point is a concise manner.. They were not speculating anyway, they were insinuating. I am pretty sure most people find this insulting. and if they don't , well I did. So do my feelings have no value??
    The post calling me a nutter has since been moved to the graveyard.

    3. See questions 1 and 2.. Since point 3 is redundant.

  5. #45
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Blame on the military-industrial complex seems like an easy scapegoat. Presidents have a lot of political rivals. Kennedy escalated Vietnam and the defense budget due to the Cold War and specifically Cuba. Any President at the time would have. LBJ didn't even give priority to Vietnam, and spent a lot of his early budget in particular on 'The Great Society'. In fact, most of Kennedy's policies transferred directly to LBJ with increased support. You want a President and their policy preferences to go through with flying colors? Make them a martyr. The swell of support around Kennedy would've exploded after his assassination, and his successor would have been expected to, not to mention it would be politically smart for them to, take up pretty much all of JFK's views, at least for a few years until the political situation changed (things did change in Vietnam eventually. If the Military-Industrial complex were to commit a conspiracy, then military officials would have just lied about Vietnamese aggression to make the American people or President, whoever it was, feel compelled to respond). Honestly, do you think 'oh, this man is not needlessly increasing the budget by engaging specifically in Vietnam war, only increasing it in general! Well, though there have been no major international events in the region to drum up his or anyone else's support, let's waste this guy and then either A) wait a year for or B) stage an entirely different reason for people to want more aggression in Vietnam, instead of just doing that in the first place.

    Also, Aldous Huxley was a very intelligent man, one I actually admire a lot, but he was also a heavy LSD user who was traditionally very wary of government (man wrote Brave New World, after all) who would in no way be involved in or have any information on a national conspiracy. He may have said something in an interview about this concern or that belief, but there is zero reason to think it's true. Yeah, he died the same day as Kennedy, under totally non-suspicious circumstances. C.S. Lewis died the same day. We don't just assume he had special insight. And in spite ofthis image I doubt the Simpsons staff had prior knowledge of 9/11.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Blame on the military-industrial complex seems like an easy scapegoat. Presidents have a lot of political rivals. Kennedy escalated Vietnam and the defense budget due to the Cold War and specifically Cuba. Any President at the time would have. LBJ didn't even give priority to Vietnam, and spent a lot of his early budget in particular on 'The Great Society'. In fact, most of Kennedy's policies transferred directly to LBJ with increased support. You want a President and their policy preferences to go through with flying colors? Make them a martyr. The swell of support around Kennedy would've exploded after his assassination, and his successor would have been expected to, not to mention it would be politically smart for them to, take up pretty much all of JFK's views, at least for a few years until the political situation changed (things did change in Vietnam eventually. If the Military-Industrial complex were to commit a conspiracy, then military officials would have just lied about Vietnamese aggression to make the American people or President, whoever it was, feel compelled to respond). Honestly, do you think 'oh, this man is not needlessly increasing the budget by engaging specifically in Vietnam war, only increasing it in general! Well, though there have been no major international events in the region to drum up his or anyone else's support, let's waste this guy and then either A) wait a year for or B) stage an entirely different reason for people to want more aggression in Vietnam, instead of just doing that in the first place.

    Also, Aldous Huxley was a very intelligent man, one I actually admire a lot, but he was also a heavy LSD user who was traditionally very wary of government (man wrote Brave New World, after all) who would in no way be involved in or have any information on a national conspiracy. He may have said something in an interview about this concern or that belief, but there is zero reason to think it's true. Yeah, he died the same day as Kennedy, under totally non-suspicious circumstances. C.S. Lewis died the same day. We don't just assume he had special insight. And in spite ofthis image I doubt the Simpsons staff had prior knowledge of 9/11.
    Huxley's brother was Involved in Pharmaceuticals and was a member of the Bilderberg group.. Brave new world is based on a real Plan
    Aldous was connected..

  7. #47
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    1. Correct.. But Psychoanalyzing me while not even directly speaking to me is.
    Are you referring to my post, or someone else's?

  8. #48
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Okay, the reason why it appears that there was thermite in the WTC is because thermite is made out of extremely common materials that you would find in any old building -- you know, iron oxide (found in rust) and aluminum.

    And I'm pretty sure that Kennedy's assassination was a suicide.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  9. #49
    Senior Member ExAstrisSpes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    341

    Default

    He totally acted alone.

    There have been several Discovery Channel/History Channel documentaries which prove that he most likely acted alone, and he was the only shooter.

  10. #50
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExAstrisSpes View Post
    There have been several Discovery Channel/History Channel documentaries which prove that he most likely acted alone, and he was the only shooter.
    I hate to leap into a conversation that I haven't been part of just to point out a random flaw, but you can't really PROVE something most likely happened. "Most likely" implies that that there is doubt. If there is doubt, it hasn't been "proven". The way you worded that sentence just struck me as very, very odd.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] My INFP others: Have you truly felt alone? What did you do? [Other NF's may reply].
    By Kiwi-INFP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-17-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. How did you get the politics you did
    By Zergling in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTx, how did you act in high school?
    By Illmatic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 06:02 AM
  4. Lee Harvey Oswald's type
    By Cinnamon Sugar in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 03:45 AM
  5. How did you find out about MBTI?
    By Economica in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO