User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did Lee Harvey Oswalt Act Alone?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he acted alone.

10 45.45%
  • There were other conspirators, but he pulled the trigger

8 36.36%
  • There were other conspirators, and he did not pull the trigger

1 4.55%
  • He was framed and innocent of any crimes

1 4.55%
  • No opinion

2 9.09%
First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Plenty. The number of people that would have to be involved in a conspiracy of that magnitude is enormous. The idea that no one involved would ever speak up in over 40 years is preposterous.

/facepalm
    No, the USSR was not kicking the USA's butt "in just about everything". The USSR claimed to be kicking the USA's butt, and it made the US paranoid, but they were lying. It's called propaganda. The USSR was so incredibly inefficient, it's amazing millions didn't starve to death. Oh wait, millions DID starve to death.
    Thousands? I don't think so. No, you want to believe the world is full of intrigue.

Of course the US government uses propaganda, but the lies it tells are not of the same magnitude because it can't get away with it (because we have a relatively free society). Want an example? GDP. The USSR lied about its GDP figures regularly. It was, and still is, impossible for the US to lie about GDP figures (and get away with it) due to the fact that financial figures are in the public domain. Any individual could make the GDP calculations. China was recently caught lying about its GDP figures, something it could get away with in the past, but can't any longer because so much information is in the public domain.
    LOL.. Dude if people are involved there is intrigue.. if people and power are involved?? You need only to look at history or your boss for what power can do to some people. I am not looking for conspiracies nor am I claiming to know what is going on.. only what isn't going on.

It's 1000's of people dude. and even if it's hundreds or 10.. or even 5.. You have already lost your "beyond a reasonable doubt".

It can and get away with lies of humongous magnitude.. The war with Iraq, or how about stealing hundreds of millions of YOUR tax dollars to "bail out banks".
    I promise you whatever the official story is.. its far from the truth.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Maybe. But do people want to hear that the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth, with all it's resources, rules, tools and order, can be felled by one guy with a rifle you can buy at the five and dime? I don't think they do. I think they want to believe it HAD to be bigger than that, that to pull off something of this scale and magnitude, there MUST'VE been more. Organized crime, our perennial rivals the Communists, the next President, something. I think they want to think we're stronger than that. I think some invented a narrative or added meaning where it may not belong to do just that (Oliver Stone is probably the most famous example here).
    Actually I make my opinion not on fiction but on fact.. My opinion comes from a speech by Dwight D Eisenhower , a speech by Aldous Huxley,
    The Nazis, The Communists ( they had awesome ideas on how to control and manipulate people) and various other little bits of information that connect the dots.. Then there is the fact that I am a people, and I run the gauntlet of human emotion. If a human can feel it.. I can relate to it.. I have felt the lustful pull of greed and power and I saw what my mind could dream up.. If I ( or anyone) can think it.. It's possibility can no longer be denied.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    LOL.. Dude if people are involved there is intrigue.. if people and power are involved?? You need only to look at history or your boss for what power can do to some people. I am not looking for conspiracies nor am I claiming to know what is going on.. only what isn't going on.
    So you're basically a poor Glenn Beck.

It's 1000's of people dude. and even if it's hundreds or 10.. or even 5.. You have already lost your "beyond a reasonable doubt".
    No, it's not.

It can and get away with lies of humongous magnitude.. The war with Iraq, or how about stealing hundreds of millions of YOUR tax dollars to "bail out banks".
    I promise you whatever the official story is.. its far from the truth.
    The government does (try to) lie, but the truth comes out eventually. Lots of declassified documents have revealed things government agencies have done in the past (like overthrowing the Guatemalan government), but I'm still waiting for the evidence that proves JFK's assassination was a massive conspiracy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

The government does (try to) lie, but the truth comes out eventually. Lots of declassified documents have revealed things government agencies have done in the past (like overthrowing the Guatemalan government), but I'm still waiting for the evidence that proves JFK's assassination was a massive conspiracy.
    Hey Lateralus,

What are your thoughts toward the mass of evidence listed in my post above?
    In your opinion is that all circumstantial, and/or heresay?

Also, what about the destruction of evidence of the WTC?
    A mass of rock from one of the towers was hiddden in a NY woman's garage for years.
    A scientist from UL got a message from her and went to test the sample.
    It was laden with THERMATE, which explains why the steel continued to burn for days and days after the fire, and why the steel in the WTC melted. causing collapse of the building.
    But, no one was able to confirm this because the Feds sequestered the evidence, and shipped off the rubble of the WTC to CHINA for disposal.
    There are also dozens of other confirmed facts that point to foul play in the 9/11 disaster.

So, are both of these, JFK's assassination, and the 9/11 disaster just terrible events in history that our poor government somehow erroneously got associated with potentially having a heavy hand in it all?

I'm not being a smart ass, Bro, as I respect your opinion.
    I just seriously have to wonder how you rationalize your viewpoints on these events.
    Is it that without ironclad prrof (e.g. video of everything as it was done, and signed confessions of all participants) you give the U.S. govt. the benefit of the doubt?
    If so you basically are looking at these events as "all or nothing."
    Regardless of the massive amounts of circumstantial evidence, you consider the U.S. govt. innocent?
    Is that it?

Regards,

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

So you're basically a poor Glenn Beck.

No, it's not.

Never heard of Glenn Beck .. and what kind of a response is that? It's a "I have no argument so I am going to label you" kind of response.. Well done!!

Yes it is.. !!

I guess you never saw the Roswell documents when they were finally made public?? 90% of the text was blacked out I am willing to bet the Kennedy documents will look exactly the same.. All pertinent information Blacked out and those who should be held accountable long dead.

That is what the US government does..

And I am still waiting for the evidence that it wasn't a conspiracy. There is plenty of cause for reasonable doubt to exist.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

An Enneagram 6 in a conspiracy thread. What a surprise.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

An NT attacking the messenger instead of the message.. What a surprise!!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Not an attack. Just an observation. It's funny watching type play into these things. I entered the thread thinking, "I wonder if the Ni users and 6s are coming out of the woodwork here...yep, there they are."

Conspiracy theories are an interesting psychological phenomenon. Most of them tend to be created as a safety response, "I feel safer if there was organized, malicious intent by a powerful body rather than accept a leader can be killed by your average psycho."

I'd actually accept the thought that people know about things and let them happen, like 9/11. I'd let it happen too, if one of my goals was to begin hostilities in the middle east. Nothing galvanizes a nation like tragedy.

Regardless, I don't care enough about things like this to bother with them, true or not. I don't find the idea of a duplicitous government to be insane, in fact I take it as a given. I don't know why people are surprised.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Not an attack. Just an observation. It's funny watching type play into these things. I entered the thread thinking, "I wonder if the Ni users and 6s are coming out of the woodwork here...yep, there they are."
    I'm not an Ni User, and I'm a 7w8.

Conspiracy theories are an interesting psychological phenomenon. Most of them tend to be created as a safety response, "I feel safer if there was organized, malicious intent by a powerful body rather than accept a leader can be killed by your average psycho."

This is an interesting observation, but it does not universally absolve all events of having conspiracy as an element of their genesis.

I'd actually accept the thought that people know about things and let them happen, like 9/11. I'd let it happen too, if one of my goals was to begin hostilities in the middle east. Nothing galvanizes a nation like tragedy.
    I agree with your first sentence. Your second sentence bothers me. Why would you allow 3,000 innocent people to be killed for the sake of starting an economically motivated war? Why not just be direct and say: "Fuck you whackjob bastards over there, we're sick of your shit, and we're coming in to kick your ass. Anyone who doesn't surrender by midnight tomorrow will be in the line of fire. Be sure to shop at Wal-Mart and buy a Chevrolet next year, Mmmmkay."

The assinine illusion of political correctness really bothers me. If our leaders feel the need to exert military force, then they should man up to it and not dance like pansies trying to create false perceptions by killing our civilians.

Regardless, I don't care enough about things like this to bother with them, true or not.
    Will you care when this nation becomes a police state and your right to choose what you care about is taken from you? Because that's where shit like this goes eventually, Jock. Believe it.

I don't find the idea of a duplicitous government to be insane, in fact I take it as a given. I don't know why people are surprised.
    I agree with you here.

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Sniffles

I'm a Ni-dom and I don't believe there was a conspiracy, other then there were probably other plots to kill Kennedy. But then again I'm a 4, not a 6.