User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did Lee Harvey Oswalt Act Alone?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he acted alone.

    10 45.45%
  • There were other conspirators, but he pulled the trigger

    8 36.36%
  • There were other conspirators, and he did not pull the trigger

    1 4.55%
  • He was framed and innocent of any crimes

    1 4.55%
  • No opinion

    2 9.09%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 65

  1. #11
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Evidence?? LOL what evidence would exist if the people who killed him were also in control of the "investigation" afterward??
    Plenty. The number of people that would have to be involved in a conspiracy of that magnitude is enormous. The idea that no one involved would ever speak up in over 40 years is preposterous.

    I look at how much I can cover something up with just my one brain and little resources.

    What could I do with control of the media and Millions and millions of dollars at my disposal?? Why, I might be able to convince you I landed on the moon.
    /facepalm
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  2. #12
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Umm well there are these people known as Russians.. Who were kicking the USA's ass all over the place in the space race.. In fact they were simply just kicking the USA's ass in just about everything at that point.
    If they couldn't do it.. there is no way the Americans did it.
    No, the USSR was not kicking the USA's butt "in just about everything". The USSR claimed to be kicking the USA's butt, and it made the US paranoid, but they were lying. It's called propaganda. The USSR was so incredibly inefficient, it's amazing millions didn't starve to death. Oh wait, millions DID starve to death.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #13
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    The USSR was kicking America's butt at the space race, but that largely was trying to cover up Soviet weaknesses in other areas. Same thing with the Cuban Missile Crisis, Khruschev was trying to bluff his way into showing off Soviet power. It was really under Brezhnev that Soviet military strength became on par and in some cases outpaced that of America.

  4. #14
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Actually that has been showed how possible it is plenty of times. There's even declassified KGB video showing this during their own investigations into the Kennedy assasination, and much of it collaborates the Warren Comission. Only real difference I can recall is that they concluded it probably wasn't Oswald(who they classified as unreliable).
    I've also seen this done. A barely trained person can fire that many shots in that amount of time. And Oswald was trained how to use a rifle in the US Marine Corps, the same group that trained Texas bell tower sniper Charles Whitman (who made far more impressive shots and, without question, acted alone).
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  5. #15
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Oswald IIRC correctly did receive good marks for marksmanship while in the Marine Corps.

  6. #16
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Internet fight moved to Off Topic.

  7. #17
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    The JFK assassination was discussed in a policy development class I took a few years ago.
    The professor compiled information from a myriad of sources immediately after JFK was killed.
    I disagree that it is impossible for him to have been assassinated.
    In fact, the conclusion of the professor is that all that is necessary for a President to be assassinated is for the Secret Service to voluntarily stand down, or just not be on their game.
    JFK and RFK pissed off alot of powerful people in a short amount of time, namely the mafia and the key military leaders + members of the military industrial complex.

    Look at how many oddities occurred around the JFK assassination:

    (1) The Zapruder Film: That pretty much destroys the "magic bullet theory."
    http://www.veoh.com/collection/openy...092418ymsbYg4T
    and
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapruder_film

    (2) Why was the route of the limousine changed at the last moment to drive through a "S" curve? Doing so reduced the speed of the care to be slow enough for a marksman to take a head shot.
    http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/route.htm

    (3) Why did the secret service agents get hamemred until 3 AM the night before at a local bar in Ft. Worth?
    http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jf...18_CE_1019.pdf

    (4) Why were there multiple reports about TWO men with rifles spotted via the open windows of the book depository?
    http://derosaworld.typepad.com/deros...witnesses.html

    (5) Why did the Secret Service wash the limousine immediately after JFKs body was removed from it and taken into the hospital? Destroy evidence much?
    http://palamaravince.blogspot.com/20...ctions-re.html

    (6) Why did the Dallas Police have to fight with the FBI regarding who had jurisdiction over the body? The murder of JFK happened in the state of Texas. The feds were reported to have pulled JFKs body (in the bodybag) away from the Dallas police, and then taken it onto Air Force 1.

    "A few minutes after 2:00 p.m. CST (20:00 UTC), and after a confrontation between Dallas police and Secret Service agents, Kennedy's body was placed in a casket and taken from Parkland Hospital and driven to Air Force One. The casket was then loaded aboard the airplane through the rear door, where it remained at the rear of the passenger compartment, in place of a removed row of seats. The body was removed before a forensic examination could be conducted by the Dallas County coroner (Earl Rose), which violated Texas state law[citation needed] (the murder was a state crime and occurred under Texas legal jurisdiction). At that time, it was not a federal offense to kill the President of the United States,[68][69] although it was a federal crime to conspire to injure a federal officer while he was acting in the line of duty.[70][71]"

    FROM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...._assassination

    (7) Why did the Warren Commission Report suck ass? :rolli:

    (8) What about the 3 Tramps? One of which is Woddy Harrelson's father, who is currently in jail for murdering a federal judge.
    http://www.defendingthetruth.com/con...ee-tramps.html

    (9) How about the autopsy of JFK being performed at Bethesda naval Hospital, and the results not being signed off on by the physician who pronounced JFK dead in Dallas's Parkland Hospital?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F...._assassination

    To those that are stating it is not possible to prove that there was some element of conspiracy in JFK's assassination cannot disprove the volumes of evidence that point to foul play being present.

    -Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Plenty. The number of people that would have to be involved in a conspiracy of that magnitude is enormous. The idea that no one involved would ever speak up in over 40 years is preposterous.


    /facepalm
    Dear God!!.. People have spoken up.. they get ridiculed and discredited ..1000's of people.. This is the lamest argument of all.. People are organized, amazingly organized and tricking people is easy. You simply tell them what they want to hear.. Oldest trick in the book.
    You also greatly underestimate humanity.. It's funny how when someone needs to prove a point.. we are stupid, and then the next day to prove another point .. we are bordering on Godhood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    No, the USSR was not kicking the USA's butt "in just about everything". The USSR claimed to be kicking the USA's butt, and it made the US paranoid, but they were lying. It's called propaganda. The USSR was so incredibly inefficient, it's amazing millions didn't starve to death. Oh wait, millions DID starve to death.
    And there is my point proved for me.. So are going to expect me to believe that the USA Government does not use propaganda??

    Now it's my turn to facepalm .. and shake my head.. and laugh at how naive you are.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Dear God!!.. People have spoken up.. they get ridiculed and discredited ..1000's of people.. This is the lamest argument of all.. People are organized, amazingly organized and tricking people is easy. You simply tell them what they want to hear.. Oldest trick in the book.
    You also greatly underestimate humanity.. It's funny how when someone needs to prove a point.. we are stupid, and then the next day to prove another point .. we are bordering on Godhood.
    Thousands? I don't think so. No, you want to believe the world is full of intrigue.

    And there is my point proved for me.. So are going to expect me to believe that the USA Government does not use propaganda??

    Now it's my turn to facepalm .. and shake my head.. and laugh at how naive you are.
    Of course the US government uses propaganda, but the lies it tells are not of the same magnitude because it can't get away with it (because we have a relatively free society). Want an example? GDP. The USSR lied about its GDP figures regularly. It was, and still is, impossible for the US to lie about GDP figures (and get away with it) due to the fact that financial figures are in the public domain. Any individual could make the GDP calculations. China was recently caught lying about its GDP figures, something it could get away with in the past, but can't any longer because so much information is in the public domain.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  10. #20
    Senior Member ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    You simply tell them what they want to hear.. Oldest trick in the book.
    Maybe. But do people want to hear that the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth, with all it's resources, rules, tools and order, can be felled by one guy with a rifle you can buy at the five and dime? I don't think they do. I think they want to believe it HAD to be bigger than that, that to pull off something of this scale and magnitude, there MUST'VE been more. Organized crime, our perennial rivals the Communists, the next President, something. I think they want to think we're stronger than that. I think some invented a narrative or added meaning where it may not belong to do just that (Oliver Stone is probably the most famous example here).
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] My INFP others: Have you truly felt alone? What did you do? [Other NF's may reply].
    By Kiwi-INFP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-17-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. How did you get the politics you did
    By Zergling in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTx, how did you act in high school?
    By Illmatic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 06:02 AM
  4. Lee Harvey Oswald's type
    By Cinnamon Sugar in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 03:45 AM
  5. How did you find out about MBTI?
    By Economica in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO