User Tag List

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Threat of India style hits in Europe?

BBC News - Al-Qaeda terror plot targeting Europe uncovered

A couple of points in relation to this.

If the enemy makes no distinction between non-combatants and the military or even authorities, if everyone is a legitimate target, then shouldnt it be permitted that we can possess arms to fight the enemy with?

I swear to God I hope that these assholes try to mount a terror raid in deepest darkest Govan or some place like that and run up against the hardest, most depraved gangs and elements the UK can produce. Not likely though, I expect they'll hit a middle or upper class soft target instead.

MBTI
    INTP

Nobody would waste their time terrorizing the ghetto. It isn't that the rich are easier to scare, but only that they are what they are: high value targets. If I was a terrorist, I would absolutely aim for the affluent sector of my opposition. If I were truly malicious (or perhaps, ambitious) I could use class warfare to great effect in my efforts to undermine whatever government I felt compelled to rise up against.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Nobody would waste their time terrorizing the ghetto. It isn't that the rich are easier to scare, but only that they are what they are: high value targets. If I was a terrorist, I would absolutely aim for the affluent sector of my opposition. If I were truly malicious (or perhaps, ambitious) I could use class warfare to great effect in my efforts to undermine whatever government I felt compelled to rise up against.
    I dont know if the class struggle features a lot in political islam, probably it does, they have copied some of the iconography and martyrology or persecution complex of the worst elements of the bad left.

In the main, whatever other reasons there may be, attacking the rich is really because they are a soft target, its only that they've been able to pay the poor to keep the rest of the poor down that they've been able to survive.