User Tag List

123 Last

Default Natural Justice?

BBC News - Girl, 14, 'killed sex attack accused' in Stockwell

Story about child kiling accused sex attacker.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

This is a very strange case.

The article mentions that "all three kids remained in contact with Mr. Dailey."

WTF? Why? That doesn't compute.

What were the other charges brought against him?

It is likely that the police did not prosecute because it had been over a year since the accused sexually assaulted the 14 year old girl.

I'd wager there is more to tell in this tale than is currently known...

I hope all who have commited crimes of violence, sexual assault, abuse, etc. get hit by a truck and die a slow death.

Even with that standpoint, it is a little scary to have angry mobs of teenagers running around stabbing people to death.

Horrid article, Lark.
    Try to find something uplifting next time, would ya'?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP

An eye for an eye becomes a life for an eye... This is clearly the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Horrid article, Lark.
    Try to find something uplifting next time, would ya'?

I dont do uplifting Halla, I'm all about the revolution.

Anyway, I agree that it is a frightening prospect, feral kids versus peadophiles, not any dogs in that fight which I really think could benefit anyone else.

Its seriously not uncommon for allegations of sexual assault to take that long to be processed, I've known children to make allegations and it to be something like a week before there's a properly trained police officer and social worker talk to them, although that could be unique to the area in which I live and the surrounding towns, I dont know.

Likewise its not that uncommon, particularly in the worst areas of deprivation in the UK, for communities where children have been victimised for those children to remain close to or even gravitate to the individuals they have identified as being responsible for it, you ever seen Eden Lake? Its a horrible horror movie but it depicts a bullied kid for part of it who brutalises and even mutilates innocent adults in an attempt to be popular with his peers, eventually their leader immolates him. That sounds extreme but its a based on true events movie that's not that far from the truth of what some kids do to their peers in the UK.

The state doesnt have the power to keep children from contact with these sorts of people, not without locking them up and that's not possible for entire neighbourhoods (I'm talking about the kids, not the adults subject to allegations). A lot of kids will be fairly adament that they will look after themselves and abscond to be with those individuals, sometimes assaulting anyone who stands in their way, similarly they will threaten the subjects of allegations with retaliatory violence if they repeat their behaviour, often in the mistaken belief that that will be sufficient to stop it, occasionally something like this happens.

It isnt a cutesy story but anyway, makes for a topical discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    An eye for an eye becomes a life for an eye... This is clearly the best way to go.

Sing it brother.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    BBC News - Girl, 14, 'killed sex attack accused' in Stockwell

Story about child kiling accused sex attacker.
    How is this natural Justice?

The man was never found guilty of the sexual assault. How can it therefore be justice for someone to go and kill him. Basically this Girl, if found guilty, has been unsatisfied with the polices response, and decided to become a vigilante.

It's ridiculous, allowing the general public to go around taking the rules into there own hands and killing each other for percieved injustices is stupid.

The woman must know that she has a legal way to deal with this situation, she could of quite easily appealed against the decision, or if she was dissatisfied with the police response made a formal complaint.

Laws are there for a reason. They keep the public in order, and stop them doing dangerous things. The law is to protect the public from itself.

If found guilty, justice must be done, and she must be made an example of and locked away for the rest of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Will2911 View Post
    How is this natural Justice?

The man was never found guilty of the sexual assault. How can it therefore be justice for someone to go and kill him. Basically this Girl, if found guilty, has been unsatisfied with the polices response, and decided to become a vigilante.

It's ridiculous, allowing the general public to go around taking the rules into there own hands and killing each other for percieved injustices is stupid.

The woman must know that she has a legal way to deal with this situation, she could of quite easily appealed against the decision, or if she was dissatisfied with the police response made a formal complaint.

Laws are there for a reason. They keep the public in order, and stop them doing dangerous things. The law is to protect the public from itself.

If found guilty, justice must be done, and she must be made an example of and locked away for the rest of her life.
    Yeah, there's a lot of law but not much justice.

I'd say that I can understand why anyone who has been molested or raped would act violently towards someone who attempts to do it again. In fact I'd be surprised if they did otherwise but perhaps they're doing what they need to do to survive.

I'm sorry but if someone had raped me or some how molested me and tried to do it again recourse to formal legalisms would be pretty distant from my mind.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, there's a lot of law but not much justice.

I'd say that I can understand why anyone who has been molested or raped would act violently towards someone who attempts to do it again. In fact I'd be surprised if they did otherwise but perhaps they're doing what they need to do to survive.

I'm sorry but if someone had raped me or some how molested me and tried to do it again recourse to formal legalisms would be pretty distant from my mind.
    No, you must always do as the law say's. If someone had raped me, my first thought would not be to seek my own justice. I mean by going out and killing someone because they raped you, lowers you to their level, or could make you worse then them. How can you justify killing someone over a rape, it doesn't make sense, if everyone who had been raped, or had some kind of sexual assault, or even any crime committed against them, went and killed the suspect, it would lead to chaos, disorder, and peoples lives would be lost, which can never be justified.

You are basing your opinion that this girl had the right to kill this man on the assumption that he was guillty. He wasn't, he had been accused... There is a difference between accused and guilty,that difference is why we send people to court to stand trial.

The evidence had been analysed by the Crown Prosecution Service, who are proffesional and all legally trained, they decided not to Charge the man with the offence probably because there was insufficent evidence.

Surely even criminals have rights, I speak generally, not about this chap, who wasn't a criminal. You can't brutalise society by pandering to the loony people on the far right, who would have us castrate and kill all sex offenders. There is a reason we don't do that in this country, and that is mainly because of it's moral indefensibility, if the state were to do these things it would be as bad as any crook.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

There are far too many important details missing in this story for me to accurately form a conclusion on who was right and who was wrong. If the accussed rapist had committed his crime, then I would side with the vigilante in this case. But considering that the accussed rapist could have very well been innocent, and other significant factors are unknown to me, then I can't really say who's right and who's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Will2911 View Post
    No, you must always do as the law say's. If someone had raped me, my first thought would not be to seek my own justice. I mean by going out and killing someone because they raped you, lowers you to their level, or could make you worse then them. How can you justify killing someone over a rape, it doesn't make sense, if everyone who had been raped, or had some kind of sexual assault, or even any crime committed against them, went and killed the suspect, it would lead to chaos, disorder, and peoples lives would be lost, which can never be justified.

You are basing your opinion that this girl had the right to kill this man on the assumption that he was guillty. He wasn't, he had been accused... There is a difference between accused and guilty,that difference is why we send people to court to stand trial.

The evidence had been analysed by the Crown Prosecution Service, who are proffesional and all legally trained, they decided not to Charge the man with the offence probably because there was insufficent evidence.

Surely even criminals have rights, I speak generally, not about this chap, who wasn't a criminal. You can't brutalise society by pandering to the loony people on the far right, who would have us castrate and kill all sex offenders. There is a reason we don't do that in this country, and that is mainly because of it's moral indefensibility, if the state were to do these things it would be as bad as any crook.
    Insufficent evidence is not the same as innocent but it is the reason why many sex offenders prey upon this age group.

I dont know the complete details of this case but I do know that I would have sympathy with anyone who has been molested or raped killing the perpetrator, especially if they where trying to do it again.

Prisons and legal punishments are no deterrence, maybe more retaliation and revenge would be.