User Tag List

First 12345 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Cato is good for one thing, and that's drug policy.
    My first thought after reading the article is that I wanted it to be true, but it was from the Cato institute and that meant I needed to find corroboration.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

If ajblaise and MP are questioning the think tank, then you know it's doing good work.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I reckon a lot of drug seekers got drugs. It worked in that simple respect.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Since prohibition fails to stop drug seekers from getting drugs, nothing actually changed in that simple respect.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Got them without being beaten or hospitalized or arrested. Good for them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Since prohibition fails to stop drug seekers from getting drugs, nothing actually changed in that simple respect.
    Yeah, what does it do about the drug PUSHERS?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yeah, what does it do about the drug PUSHERS?
    Prohibition causes drug pushers to be more violent. Illegal drug cartels are infinitely more violent than legal drug pushers (like Pfizer).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Prohibition causes drug pushers to be more violent. Illegal drug cartels are infinitely more violent than legal drug pushers (like Pfizer).
    Yeah, yeah.

Maybe we should legalise all poisoners behaviour, let them get their kicks, legalise people trafficking too while we're at it, anything, anyway a buck can be made right?

Well. That sums up your philosophy for me. Revolution's going to make you into cat food.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yeah, yeah.

Maybe we should legalise all poisoners behaviour, let them get their kicks, legalise people trafficking too while we're at it, anything, anyway a buck can be made right?

Well. That sums up your philosophy for me. Revolution's going to make you into cat food.
    Right, because people willingly using drugs is the same as trafficking in slaves. Evolution's going to make you into a fossil.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    If ajblaise and MP are questioning the think tank, then you know it's doing good work.
    As cogent as ever...

Yeah, yeah.

I support what Portugal has done, I think it would be a good idea elsewhere. Some details are debatable, but at the very least decriminalizing use and possession of drugs is something I favor. You surely don't think I have some kind of capitalist, market agenda behind my position. I support it because the evidence seems to show that it does more harm than good to keep drugs illegal.

Legalizing drugs would:
    1: Destroy what I assume is organized crime's most significant line of business.
    2: Reducing the harm done by drugs by allowing them to be subjected to quality control, and by making drug users less afraid to confess to their problems.
    3: Restore a huge amount of money to the government by cutting out all the enforcement costs (from investigations to keeping people in prison) and potentially collecting some revenue by taxing drug consumption.

All of those things are so good that they might outweigh the bad of even a substantial increase in drug use. And with that said, it's already been established that legalizing drugs does not inherently lead to an increase in drug use anyhow.

And umm.. your revolutionary threat was uncalled for and a bit over-the-top.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Right, because people willingly using drugs is the same as trafficking in slaves. Evolution's going to make you into a fossil.
    And you counter with something equally pointless and even more grandiose, the process of evolution itself!
    Go to sleep, iguana.