User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Ahmadinejad at the UN

His speech was apparently quite a spectacle ; we seldom get to see first hand which contemporary governments' posses some basic decency (the ones who walked out on the speech after he started spewing 9/11 conspiracy theories) and which ones are not worth an embassy (absent strategic neccesity). I'd really like complete lists of the delegates who walked out and those who applauded the speech (though I would accept a sincere apology from the latter, as I understand that expressions of courtesy can simply be a thoughtless action on the part of nonplussed delegates).

Edit: I intended to post links, but I haven't figured out my computer's new set-up yet.
    Last edited by lowtech redneck; 09-23-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: self-evident

MBTI
    FREE

There was no need to walk out. He said it is possible that the US staged the 9/11 attacks, and from his perspective (limited information and a distrust of our government) it could be possible. People who villanize other groups or persons often times attribute to them a greater capacity for cunning and strategy, and a willingness to commit acts which are unlikely of most groups/persons; this is what he is doing with his assumption.

As for his notion that it is unfair for the US attempt to impede Iran's nuclear program with sanctions and the like, I am inclined to agree. From the US perspective it is a security issue, but from the Iranian perspective it is an issue of national liberty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    As for his notion that it is unfair for the US attempt to impede Iran's nuclear program with sanctions and the like, I am inclined to agree. From the US perspective it is a security issue, but from the Iranian perspective it is an issue of national liberty.
    Why does that make it unfair?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Imagine if someone told the US you couldn't have nukes while all the other boys play with them?
    What if someone told the US to not have nuclear powerplants?
    You'd be stuck in the stone age with really dirty and expensive electric power and no power on an international scale.

I say that it's no wonder he's desperate.
    But, I don't like Ahmadinejad as a person. Hell, who does?
    That does not justify the treatment of Iran, though.
    They just want to be a nation with the right to decide for themselves.
    Sure, they want to fight Israel, too.
    But, that's our (the UN countries) fault.
    Israel shouldn't have existed to begin with.
    Stealing people's land, starving thousands to death, killing people on sight, bombing defenseless cities, rape, torture, stealing organs from killed palestinians, using white phosphorous bombs against civilians, hindering a democratically elected government to lead its nation...

Well, why wouldn't the local boys want to fight the Israelis?
    The reason Ahmadinejad is pissed off at you guys is that you interfere way too much with the natural order of things.
    It's going to be fun to see how long Israel lasts now that they've also pissed off Turkey something fierce.
    As you might know, the Turks have a bigger and largely better equipped army than the Israelis.

This is a very tangled web and unless you study the region it's probably very confusing.
    I'd understand why Ahmadinejad might seem like a madman if you take everything he says out of its proper context.
    Within it, though, no. The guy is not that crazy.
    The whole 9/11 thing, even if it wasn't staged, is at least enormously overplayed and sort of fishy in more than one way.

Why it is overplayed should be plain to see.
    The sanctions, invasions of sovereign countries and whatnot have killed millions of muslims compared to thousands of americans.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

YLJ,

It's interesting to notice you seem more preoccupied with Jews than with Ahmadinejad's ideology, especially in a thread that is primarily focused on the latter.

Interesting.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Thumbs down Jihadi, Jews, Dhimmi and Infidels

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    The problem with war is that it is unfair. You win or lose. There is no middle ground and the most dangerous place is no man's land because everyone shoots at you.

And we are most reluctant to believe that war has been declared on us. After all we mean well, we are good people, we can't believe they want to kill us and so we ask, why do they hate us so?

But the reality is government buildings in Canberra, the Capital of Australia, are surrounded by low, reinforced, concrete walls to stop suicide bombers driving explosive laden trucks into buildings occupied their fellow Australians.

And every day we read about determined groups of muslim men, jihadi, brought before our Criminal Courts and charged with planning and preparing to kill large numbers of Australians in the name of Allah.

They never plead guilty because they are doing the will of Allah. In fact the latest group before the Criminal Court in Melbourne obtained a Fatwah saying it was their religious duty to kill Australian civilians.

The defendants don't recognise Australian Courts, only Sharia Courts, and their supporters come to Court dressed in full black burqa with only tiny slits for the eyes.

These are Jihadi and we are Jews, Dhimmi and Infidels.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    YLJ,

It's interesting to notice you seem more preoccupied with Jews than with Ahmadinejad's ideology, especially in a thread that is primarily focused on the latter.

Interesting.
    I noticed that too, but I'm still going to reply to his brilliant post when I get back from the zoo.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ahmadinejad: modern day troll.

As for Israel and the natural order of things: yeah, I'd say the US interferes in the natural order of things--if it'd turn a blind eye, Israel wouldn't have any enemies for a hundred miles around.

I mean let's see--suicide vests, or napalm, white phosphorus, and depleted uranium shells? Gee, I wonder which can cause more destruction in a faster amount of time?

Anyhow, back to the topic:

I wonder why the heck we don't just send up an F-22 and then just say that Ahmadinejad's plane suffered a malfunction and it's unknown as to his whereabouts.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    There was no need to walk out. He said it is possible that the US staged the 9/11 attacks, and from his perspective (limited information and a distrust of our government) it could be possible.
    His information is not that limited, and his pathological level of "distrust" of our government (similar to his pathological "distrust" of Jews leading to his holocaust denial) is insufficient to excuse his actions.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    His information is not that limited, and his pathological level of "distrust" of our government (similar to his pathological "distrust" of Jews leading to his holocaust denial) is insufficient to excuse his actions.
    He does not have access to our country to investigate for himself. His culture perhaps does not value life as ours does (Life is HUGE in America) and it might be difficult for him to emotionally grasp how deplorable the thought of killing innocent Americans to advance a political agenda actually is to us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]