Thread: Consideration

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Broiled is probably a better term, but it's quite easy. Especially since most people never think to dust the inside of their PC's.
    Oh I went one better and washed mine out
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

lol.. or you can add water cooling

What kinda joints were you using?.. I got mine all clamped with metal hose clamps to prevent such a thing from occurring :p
    I had a Fuzion block with 1/2" pipes. It was so awkward to fit and you couldn't fit jubilee clips in together with them so I figured being as it took some strength to get them off it'd be fine.

I was just wrong.

Now I've got them clipped. I figured out the obvious and put one on, clamped it (hence reducing it's size) and then fitted the other one. Seems to run okay now. If I'd have known there were other hardware freaks on here I wouldn't have bothered with Xtreme Systems! Bot are those guys antisocial!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Oh I went one better and washed mine out
    I know you're a T.. but try and keep up ok?

Tho if you want to completely liquid cool everything, you could always look into submersion oil cooling where you seal the case and fill it with cooking oil. Work much better then water

I had a Fuzion block with 1/2" pipes. It was so awkward to fit and you couldn't fit jubilee clips in together with them so I figured being as it took some strength to get them off it'd be fine.

I was just wrong.

Now I've got them clipped. I figured out the obvious and put one on, clamped it (hence reducing it's size) and then fitted the other one. Seems to run okay now. If I'd have known there were other hardware freaks on here I wouldn't have bothered with Xtreme Systems! Bot are those guys antisocial!
    Just using generic pipes? or something more high end like Tygon? and yeah, most of the guys on those hardware sites are pretty "elitist".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I know you're a T.. but try and keep up ok?
    Extrovert
    Tho if you want to completely liquid cool everything, you could always look into submersion oil cooling where you seal the case and fill it with cooking oil. Work much better then water
    The one I saw was a fish tank and mineral oil. Someone asked me about how the CD drive was accessed
    Just using generic pipes? or something more high end like Tygon? and yeah, most of the guys on those hardware sites are pretty "elitist".
    Generic? Wash your mouth out with UV blue non conductive water!! Of course not.

I got the Tygon 3606 (if memory serves). It'll do about a 2" rad without pinching.

Oh and I didn't mention I cracked a pump top with PTFE tape did I...

MBTI
    INTJ

First take your computer and then try water cooling it. Next rely on friction for a joint to be held. Right now when your water reaches the correct temperature (about 40c) it should force open the friction joint and liberally spray your computers internals with water. Now simply replace a small fortunes worth of components (not the graphics card) replug in and then wait for a few weeks. It should be done to a turn now
    Ah. And is it working yet? That's a second computer, right? Not your main computer?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Extrovert

The one I saw was a fish tank and mineral oil. Someone asked me about how the CD drive was accessed

Generic? Wash your mouth out with UV blue non conductive water!! Of course not.

I got the Tygon 3606 (if memory serves). It'll do about a 2" rad without pinching.

Oh and I didn't mention I cracked a pump top with PTFE tape did I...
    Well the trick is to keep things like the drives, and power supply out of the oil bath :P

Blue? Your PC is filled with blue water as well?

Tygon 3606 same as what I use.

I broke the top of my first pump as well, was trying to use a submersible that didn't quite fit exactly how it needed to so I was trying to mod it..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ah. And is it working yet? That's a second computer, right? Not your main computer?
    Oh no. This is the main super duper mega expensive one that's on about six months down time a year (it feels like it) as I "upgrade" the bits I've bust.

Only now am I thinking of trying to build a secondary computer out of the spares. Something to tinker with Linux on. Let me see it may well be a core2duo on a striker extreme... I only throw away the best of parts

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Well the trick is to keep things like the drives, and power supply out of the oil bath :P

Blue? Your PC is filled with blue water as well?

Tygon 3606 same as what I use.

I broke the top of my first pump as well, was trying to use a submersible that didn't quite fit exactly how it needed to so I was trying to mod it..
    Hmm... fit. Well I got bored with trying to figure all of that lot out and bought a Thermaltake Mozart. Plenty of room now

Oh and now it quite nicely looks like HAL too

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Hmm... fit. Well I got bored with trying to figure all of that lot out and bought a Thermaltake Mozart. Plenty of room now

Oh and now it quite nicely looks like HAL too
    lol, I meant figure out how to fit the pump into the reservoir I was using at the time, but yeah the Mozart doesn't have space issues

I use a black Silverstone TJ06. I actually somewhat took joy in having to figure out how to fit it all the way I wanted. Tho I actually need to redo parts of my "routing system", I've just been putting it off till I did my next upgrade. I still need to mount the rad to the top of my case..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

lol, I meant figure out how to fit the pump into the reservoir I was using at the time, but yeah the Mozart doesn't have space issues

I use a black Silverstone TJ06. I actually somewhat took joy in having to figure out how to fit it all the way I wanted. Tho I actually need to redo parts of my "routing system", I've just been putting it off till I did my next upgrade. I still need to mount the rad to the top of my case..
    Word to the wise, if you refit then try Noctua fans. The only difference made by putting your ear next to them is your ear gets cold! The motor is silent!!!

Btw, sunken pump? In a reservoir? Are we talkin Koolance here?