MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    That I can agree with.
    Do you read Jeremy Clarkeson? If not you really should try some. It's kind of like an NT making sense of the world but not what you'd expect. I think the last one I read recommended equipping teachers with a machine gun and a license to kill rather than chastising them for reprimanding ill behaving children.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Do you read Jeremy Clarkeson? If not you really should try some. It's kind of like an NT making sense of the world but not what you'd expect. I think the last one I read recommended equipping teachers with a machine gun and a license to kill rather than chastising them for reprimanding ill behaving children.
    I like Clarkson. Need more people like him in the media. The Make my day, sir, shoot a hoodie. article?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

That reminds me of something Steve Martin, the comedian, used to say.
    He said he had come up with a solution to the world population problem -
    give the death penalty for parking violations.
    That would fix it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I like Clarkeson. Need more people like him in the media. The Make my day, sir, shoot a hoodie. article?
    That has to be one of those times when people are saying "Vote Clarkson for Prime Minister" and I laugh and then stop laughing and start thinking cause I can't actually see how it would not work. Of course there's the whole "would he even want to do it" but aside from that I could really see his brand of straight forward no nonsense thinking being a really boon to the country.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That reminds me of something Steve Martin, the comedian, used to say.
    He said he had come up with a solution to the world population problem -
    give the death penalty for parking violations.
    That would fix it!
    Ah but under current rulership you could only be shot if you were middle class, of the most populous colour, creed, history, hair colour, occupation, race and religion. I'm fairly sure that's you and me on tender hooks for a fair while but a Jamaican Buddist in Russia would be untouchable

(I think I just reminded myself of the Murphy's commercial "But like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter" Really though.. I'm not.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

That has to be one of those times when people are saying "Vote Clarkson for Prime Minister" and I laugh and then stop laughing and start thinking cause I can't actually see how it would not work. Of course there's the whole "would he even want to do it" but aside from that I could really see his brand of straight forward no nonsense thinking being a really boon to the country.
    Yeah I've seen the talk about whether or not he should be PM, reminds me of his If I ruled the world article.

I can also see his reluctance to it all as well. Since I share a lot of his ideology and the last thing I'd want is to actually be in power. I hate any type of management roles and avoid them like the plague usually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Yeah I've seen the talk about whether or not he should be PM, reminds me of his If I ruled the world article.

I can also see his reluctance to it all as well. Since I share a lot of his ideology and the last thing I'd want is to actually be in power. I hate any type of management roles and avoid them like the plague usually.
    I wouldn't mind stepping up to sort it all out but I want to do an expedience and efficient job of it so I could recede back to my home as soon as possible.

MBTI
    INFP

It's not you, it's those who, by shouting loudest, are seen to represent you. Televangelists will be used as examples of the faithful because they are more prominent. Yes there may well be completely sensible, logical and reasoning being within the Christian faith but I'm afraid they pale in comparison to the guy in the bright white suit and pearly teeth when you're trying to summon up an image of who is one of the faithful. That's just the way stereotypes go.
    It's a shame that people automatically assume that those guys are the voice of Christianity. It takes a lot of reading and thought to know the difference, and btw, I totally agree with you, INTJMom.

When you think of an apple does it have any blemishes or is it idealised and unrealistic?
    Personally, I expect apples to be blemished.

Blessed are the optimists for they never run out of lemonade
    (Sorry but I am a cynic you know )
    You don't have to be sorry... I can be somewhat of a cynic, too!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP

That's accepted but the stereotype still remains.

What is your stereotype for INTP males? Am I not in direct contradiction of a good few of those "rules"? Does the stereotype still remain? Of course it does. It's how you make sense of the world (that's a universal you btw). Without stereotypes there would be no apple (Ooo Wildcat moment ).
    Mmm... for me, my stereotype of INTP males are: smart, amazing, loving, studious, precise, loyal, humorous... and wonderful!

I am a bit biased because I have quite a few amazing INTPs in my family (my Dad, my youngest son, my brother, my youngest sister... and my love is also an INTP!)

So, is there another example you can use?
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INTJ

He was referring to MY opinion of male INTPs.
    Xander is one of the few I can tolerate, and I have told him so.
    They usually drive me insane.
    When I first came here, I did not know an INTP I had a good opinion of.