User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 105

Thread: Consideration

  1. #41
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    True enough though there is a large body of thought on the whole idea of responsibility to other countries. Could this be deemed as one of those responsibilities? ...
    That's why it's a good thing I'm not in charge.

  2. #42
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That's why it's a good thing I'm not in charge.
    Is clear competent leadership better for the world than inefficient but sympathetic leadership? Quite possibly
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  3. #43
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That's why it's a good thing I'm not in charge.
    HA! It's funny you say this, INTJMom... I say this all the time!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

  4. #44
    Large Member Ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Is clear competent leadership better for the world than inefficient but sympathetic leadership? Quite possibly
    First thing I'd do is abolish warning labels and frivolous lawsuits that people wage against large companies because of their own stupidity.

    Yes I'm well aware of the fact there was no sign on the machine warning you not to or even a guard to stop you from placing your hand into it. But just what the heck did you expect would happen if you tried to stick your hand into a machine that's job is to forcibly deform metal sheets into metal objects? And no I will not award you a settlement just because your employer was mistaken in believing you could figure out that little fact on your own, and therefore did not think a verbal warning not to stick your hand in it was needed. :steam:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

    I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

    Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

  5. #45
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Step one.
    Take all the health and safety crew out to a nice padded cell.

    Then put it into space.

    Step two.
    Take all the lawyers who don't think we should revamp from step one and reward their insight with a ticket to visit the health and safety department.

    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  6. #46
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    First thing I'd do is abolish warning labels and frivolous lawsuits that people wage against large companies because of their own stupidity.

    Yes I'm well aware of the fact there was no sign on the machine warning you not to or even a guard to stop you from placing your hand into it. But just what the heck did you expect would happen if you tried to stick your hand into a machine that's job is to forcibly deform metal sheets into metal objects? And no I will not award you a settlement just because your employer was mistaken in believing you could figure out that little fact on your own, and therefore did not think a verbal warning not to stick your hand in it was needed. :steam:
    My hero!!

  7. #47

    Default

    I completely agree with everything you said.
    I wrote up a really really long thing about it but then I just deleted it because it was very ramble-y.
    I actually agree with some aspects of the BNP - though certainly not all, for many reasons.

    I don't want racism in this country, just equality, fairness and sense.
    Everyone's so scared of being labelled "racist," free opinion is not allowed. By saying a mosque shouldn't be built you're not being racist you're applying the same rules to one person as you would to another - but of course it's against Muslims so OF COURSE its racist.

    I disagree with the idea of hate crimes too. All crimes done in hate (of looks, style instead of race, colour, ect, whatever) should be given the same punishment. Hatred of one thing is no worse than hatred of another.


    I know in my school saying derogatory things about Christians is fine - its fine because everyone knows Christians are kind of stupid, but if said anything about another religion, even if what you said about Christianity could just as well apply to that religion, you'd be cast out by all your friends. Hmm. I hate racism but it's got to work both ways.
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%



    5w4 sp/sx

    INFP.gc

  8. #48
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsoteriEccentri View Post

    I know in my school saying derogatory things about Christians is fine - its fine because everyone knows Christians are kind of stupid, but if said anything about another religion, even if what you said about Christianity could just as well apply to that religion, you'd be cast out by all your friends. Hmm. I hate racism but it's got to work both ways.
    Now see, this hurts my feelings. Hello? So, I'm stupid? Do you think I am stupid? Who is everyone? (just curious)
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

  9. #49
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Looking ahead though I'm wondering if that'll mean that Mexico will then enter the long list of countries who require aid of one type or another. I agree that it's no good just letting the money bleed out of the state and country like that but I think that aid will do just the same. Well at least there will be a centralised control on it... well I say control....

    Oh and I don't think it's politically incorrect to say "about time too". Yes the people you are talking about are foreign but I think that's the problem with people and political correctness. It's gone too far.

    Similar to racism and all the other blue touch paper subjects people have become unnerved around them. If I refer to a person by their nationality it is not necessarily racist or jingoistic (not sure of the dividing line between those two terms) unless constructed or construed as such. If construed to be racist/ jingoistic when not meant in that manner then does it not say more about the accuser than the accused?

    Personally I think that a lot of the problems regarding integrating new cultures and dealing with sensitive issues like immigration levels and such could be directly attributed to those who "protest too much". Those people who run around looking for someone to possibly infer something derogatory so that they can level them with abuse more appropriately designed to address perhaps Neo Nazis or some such. Perhaps more effort should be made to address those people, on BOTH sides of the equation. To my mind half the problem that people face when a new culture moves in is the stress it bring with lots of people all to ready to tell you what you can and can't do now there are these new people around. Great that doesn't set them as separate and different. Perhaps if the PC police actually stood back and kept quiet they'd see that people aren't half as hostile if you don't tell them to change their lives to suit "the new guy" and just let them integrate people as and when they see fit.

    This leads me onto another problem possibly for another thread but I think that it's more the heart of what this is on about...discrimination when used as a tool to enforce "integration".

    Say you get a new manager at work... okay so the useless ones walk in with an arrogant air and just assume you'll bend over for them cause they're managers. The good ones will actually meet people and try to get to know everyone and will only pull rank if it's necessary and otherwise maintain this friendly air even after they've established themselves. The worst idea is to pick someone who has no obvious qualifications for the role and then set them as superior to most others. Is that not what we do with what some term as "positive discrimination"?

    I work in an engineering company. It's less than say 30 workers. We will NOT recruit someone who has to pray to Mecca three times a day. Why? Well why wouldn't everyone else take up the religion to get the extra breaks? Before you even start this one person would be set apart from the others and treated differently. Why? Is it a medical need? No. It was a choice they made for themselves. Ergo in my book it should be a case of it's optional whether or not companies allow these extra breaks. That way the guy who wishes to pray to Mecca has the choice, select a job that supports it or find another way to pray. Harsh? Perhaps but why should the choices of the few affect the many in a country which supports democracy? Sure you shouldn't ride rough shod where there is no call to but it seems to be going too far the other way. Now if we did have one applicant who I believe stated that they would prey but make the hours up. My gaffer decided not to hire them primarily because he didn't want someone taking extra breaks as it'd set a poor precedent to the other workers. Now the daughter of this man phoned up demanding to find out why his application had been rejected. It seems a little paranoid to me, or perhaps precalculated, that she'd be so "on the ball". Sure you could assume that all's well and she's just making sure it wasn't because he's asian but even then it's a little presumptuous to phone up a person and ask them if they would like to sign themselves up for litigation! I have to wonder how many places would turn round and go "no it's cause we don't want no darkies in here"... it's all slightly ridiculous. Anyhow the point being that the concerns that my gaffer had were valid and reasonable but he felt, and I would agree, that to mention them or to try and discuss it as civilised people would get no where. This is the problem as when I come to think of it I've only known one person who reacted to any of these things, it was an extremely insecure, ungainly large black gay lad who seemed to think that his skin colour would get him a free jail pass or something. Aside from that one case everyone I know who is religious will discuss it, all those I know who "ain't from round ere" are perfectly relaxed about it (including one guy from Bavaria who was witness to an outburst of "Nazi" [aimed at someone else] who then looked confused when everyone was suddenly meekly apologising to him ). So either where are these masses of offended people or why do three people within a minority feel the need to make so much damn noise and what on earth are those people who are in the majority but who feel the need to over support minorities thinking of? Well either that or is everyone I know an exceptional individual?
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ I had to laugh at your rant, Xander! I don't know what the answer is, but for me, it's hard to feel sorry for those who are so over-the-top and extremely vocal... especially when it comes to private businesses. I'm the kind of person who takes the majority rules thing pretty seriously, and I try very hard to be understanding and accommodating (mainly because of the EEOC laws here), but when someone goes on a tangent and starts demanding... well, I start squinting, and I then feel my blood pressure start to rise. Unless the law forces me to do something, than it's easy for me to back away and shrug my shoulders.

    I, too, think that PC has gotten out of control.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

  10. #50
    Senior Member Sandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    First thing I'd do is abolish warning labels and frivolous lawsuits that people wage against large companies because of their own stupidity.

    Yes I'm well aware of the fact there was no sign on the machine warning you not to or even a guard to stop you from placing your hand into it. But just what the heck did you expect would happen if you tried to stick your hand into a machine that's job is to forcibly deform metal sheets into metal objects? And no I will not award you a settlement just because your employer was mistaken in believing you could figure out that little fact on your own, and therefore did not think a verbal warning not to stick your hand in it was needed. :steam:
    I'm in total agreement!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

    There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

Similar Threads

  1. How Considerate Are You?
    By INTerran in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 06:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO