User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Consideration

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Zergling,
    I'm not sure that it would lead to an increase in wages as it would be a war of attrition. Who would break first? Those who needed the work done or those who needed the money it would provide? I think that over time the wages would rise but in the case of America I think that's well overdue.
    If you follow my comments from the conditions whatever describes, it most definitly would lead to increased wages.

In general, the wages might not increase right away, or the amount of jobs for non-immigrants, but they would go up at some point. Illegal Immigrants do a lot of jobs that people in the U.S. who hire them will not do themselves, but still heavily want done, so it is very unlikely that such people would wait a long time for people to agree to work for such bad wages.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    If you follow my comments from the conditions whatever describes, it most definitly would lead to increased wages.

In general, the wages might not increase right away, or the amount of jobs for non-immigrants, but they would go up at some point. Illegal Immigrants do a lot of jobs that people in the U.S. who hire them will not do themselves, but still heavily want done, so it is very unlikely that such people would wait a long time for people to agree to work for such bad wages.
    I guess. It's all supply and demand at that point.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

The UK, USA, Canada. It's happening everywhere.

I really don't have much of a problem with the idea of people immigrating to Canada to better their lives. I actually have 2 people who are Muslims working for me. They know I have no use for religions, but they don't take offense to that. They don't spit in your face if you say Merry Christmas to them. They don't try and change those around them or react negatively to anyone who isn't a Muslim like they are. They don't bring their wars over with them. They work hard, and are genuinely good people. And I respect them for that.

Those are the kind of immigrants I say we should welcome. Just because I don't agree with the whole religious doctrine. Doesn't mean they don't have to either.

The ones I can't stand and have absolutely no use for. Are the ones who bring their wars over, treat you like you're inferior to them because you're not religious, abuse every little loophole they can, enroll their kids in your kids school then demand that the school stop putting up decorations during holidays because it offends them, teach their kids to hate your kids because they're not one of them, then get pissed off and call the racism card when you try and stand up for yourselves.

Sadly, I don't see it ever getting any better.. At times I wonder if I even want to bring kids into this world the way it's heading..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The ones I can't stand and have absolutely no use for. Are the ones who bring their wars over, treat you like you're inferior to them because you're not religious, abuse every little loophole they can, enroll their kids in your kids school then demand that the school stop putting up decorations during holidays because it offends them, teach their kids to hate your kids because they're not one of them, then get pissed off and call the racism card when you try and stand up for yourselves.

Sadly, I don't see it ever getting any better.. At times I wonder if I even want to bring kids into this world the way it's heading..
    I really don't like that, myself. Them trying to instigate division and cliques based on their old faith in the middle of a civilized nation. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the ones that come over here and practice their religion without trying to make demands on others to live according to what's acceptable in their doctrines. I just don't like the radical element the pushier ones encourage here. You know what I mean?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Those who expect to bring what they had and directly import it into another country are a pain in the rear end. Fortunately I think they are in the minority.

I didn't know though that Canada had an immigration problem. Mind you I never hear anything about Canada except on here. It's like a black spot in the world's eye. Kinda attractive in that sense...

Anyhow.. Ender. It's farr too early in the thread to be talking about children. I mean I like you an everything but I'm just not ready.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I really don't like that, myself. Them trying to instigate division and cliques based on their old faith in the middle of a civilized nation. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the ones that come over here and practice their religion without trying to make demands on others to live according to what's acceptable in their doctrines. I just don't like the radical element the pushier ones encourage here. You know what I mean?
    Unfortunately I do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I really don't like that, myself. Them trying to instigate division and cliques based on their old faith in the middle of a civilized nation. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind the ones that come over here and practice their religion without trying to make demands on others to live according to what's acceptable in their doctrines.
    I'm with you there. I mean do what you want, I could care less, just leave me alone to live my life how I wish to.

I just don't like the radical element the pushier ones encourage here. You know what I mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Those who expect to bring what they had and directly import it into another country are a pain in the rear end. Fortunately I think they are in the minority.
    Unfortunately those two go hand in hand, it's usually the radical minorities who are the most vocal. They're the ones who kick up a fuss and it just snowballs from there.

I didn't know though that Canada had an immigration problem. Mind you I never hear anything about Canada except on here. It's like a black spot in the world's eye. Kinda attractive in that sense...
    Yeah, we're pretty much overshadowed by our neighbors to the south. Canada tho is essentially the worlds melting pot of cultures.

On the topic of building places of worship etc mentioned in the OP. I'm mixed on the whole issue. On one hand I have no issue with them wanting a place to goto and practice their religions whatever it maybe. On the other I've been watching them come over and literally take over entire communities. Once they get a foot hold in one area they congregate and setup their own little communities eventually pushing out those who were there before them. It's like watching a wildfire.

From where I'm sitting at this very moment in my office there is basically 4 Mosques. 5yrs ago there was 1 a few blocks south of here, 3 years ago there was another built 1 block south of here, last year another was built 1 block north of here, and right now they're finishing the completion on the 4th two blocks north of here. I'm starting to feel like an outsider, and the reactions I get from the vast majority of the people who inhabit this area these days don't really do anything but make me feel like I don't belong in this area anymore.

It's getting to the point where unfortunately whole cities/communities are starting to be referred to in derogatory terms by the populace at large based on the cultures that have settled there and taken over. Woodbridge is known as Wopbridge, Agincourt is known as Asiancourt, Bramalea is known as Bramaledesh.. Hell the fact that its starting to show up in Wikipedia like in the Agincourt entry speaks volumes.

In the end I'm torn on the whole issue. It's all just one big sad clusterfuck. :/

Anyhow.. Ender. It's far too early in the thread to be talking about children. I mean I like you an everything but I'm just not ready.
    Well you coulda have told me that sooner, instead of getting my hopes up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INTJ

The UK, USA, Canada. It's happening everywhere.

I really don't have much of a problem with the idea of people immigrating to Canada to better their lives. I actually have 2 people who are Muslims working for me. They know I have no use for religions, but they don't take offense to that. They don't spit in your face if you say Merry Christmas to them. They don't try and change those around them or react negatively to anyone who isn't a Muslim like they are. They don't bring their wars over with them. They work hard, and are genuinely good people. And I respect them for that.

Those are the kind of immigrants I say we should welcome. Just because I don't agree with the whole religious doctrine. Doesn't mean they don't have to either.

I feel the same way, too.
    It's the "entitlement" attitude - like the government owes them something - that some people have, that makes them difficult to get along with - and some of those types are not even immigrants!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I feel the same way, too.
    It's the "entitlement" attitude - like the government owes them something - that some people have, that makes them difficult to get along with - and some of those types are not even immigrants!
    What makes it worse is when they play off the sympathies of the people by dragging up past issues. Where even tho it's not the case and hasn't been for a long time, trying to defend against that tactic is basically treated as you doing the same exact thing they're claiming in the first place. It's kinda like that judgment thread Toonia made..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INTJ

What makes it worse is when they play off the sympathies of the people by dragging up past issues. Where even tho it's not the case and hasn't been for a long time, trying to defend against that tactic is basically treated as you doing the same exact thing they're claiming int he first place. It's kinda like that judgment thread Toonia made..
    Do you have that problem in Canada?
    First Nation or somebody else?

My ancestors, the Acadians, settled the area now known as Nova Scotia in 1604. They lived, farmed, fished, worked, worshiped and raised their families there for 150 years. The English warmongers burned the Acadians' houses and farms, took their land, gathered them onto boats, splitting up families and friends, and dispersed them at American ports along the Atlantic seacoast.

I think I want my land back now, or else perhaps the Queen should just reimburse me and my family in cash, plus 250 years' worth of interest.