User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Okay, tell you what:

Keep the kids, deport the parents, throw the kids into some sort of orphanage.

There--no need to repeal/rectify the amendment, and we throw the illegals out as well! Everyone wins!
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK1986 View Post
    Okay, tell you what:

There--no need to repeal/rectify the amendment, and we throw the illegals out as well! Everyone wins!
    Yes. But also make legal immigration easier so that this situation is less likely to occur in the first place.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Ilyak1986
    Okay, tell you what:

Your joking, right?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

This is the dumbest idea proposed in the history of American politics, and that's saying something.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    My response? A terrible idea. A step backwards. Won't help anybody.

This kind of thing is more present all the time. The Republican party is a disaster. It's all powered by mindless zeal now, and it will do anything to appease its power source.
    Yes, this true for both parties, hence the reactionary Tea Party protesters attempting to be the vanguard against big government. However, that's an even more radical zeal...

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Your joking, right?
    You have a better idea? If the kids are citizens and the parents are illegals, and we don't deport citizens but do deport illegals as the laws say, this is simply the logical conclusion.

If parents don't want to be separated from baby, don't drop baby in America knowing you have no right to be here in the first place. Otherwise, we should keep the baby and throw the illegals out.

What exactly is wrong with this? It closes up the anchor baby loophole.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

You have a better idea? If the kids are citizens and the parents are illegals, and we don't deport citizens but do deport illegals as the laws say, this is simply the logical conclusion.

If parents don't want to be separated from baby, don't drop baby in America knowing you have no right to be here in the first place. Otherwise, we should keep the baby and throw the illegals out.

Saddles the state with a lot of parentless children, which is a huge public policy issue.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'm strongly opposed to repealing it, and believe our immigration laws are already too strict. I think people are arrogant and elitist to think we should decide who is "worthy" to enter this country. People should be able to freely move where they want to.
    I totally agree in an ideal situation except our government has fucked this nation up so horribly (with welfare and market interference) that there's a wide open arena for all kinds of people to come in and create a chaotic domino effect.

The dirty secret about Bush is that he wasn't really against immigration and for tightening the borders, as seen by the fact that he didn't really do anything about that. In fact, he was trying to get the international highway set up from Canada to Mexico. Which again, I don't have a problem with either, in and of itself, except that the government's doing it as a part of a long-term scheme to take away our national sovereignty. Along with creating a North American currency.

If all these things were just being done by societies finally cooperating together in a libertarian fashion (unlikely as that may be) I couldn't feel better about it. But it's being enforced by the powers that be.

Also, I'm not saying I'm for repealing the 14th amendment. I don't really know what the solution is except to overthrow the government. Maybe the Canadians and Mexicans can help us with that.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by IlyaK1986

How about making immigration easier for immigrants rather than deporting illegal ones; instead of deportation which I think is cruel and unnessecary, we could simply grant them citizenship.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

We could just kill them, less expensive.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp