User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Smile

The USA owns, controls and prints the Reserve Currency of the world. So the USA can't go broke but other countries can.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm fine with that

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I'm fine with that
    The Governor of the Reserve Bank of China has recently called for the abolition of the USA Dollar as the Reserve Currency of the World. Of course he has a vested interest as he would like the yuan to be the Reserve Currency of the World, and who can blame him?

Of course Saddam Hussein tried to subvert the US Dollar as the Reserve Currency by trying to sell his oil in euros. This was a real threat for if Saudi Arabia followed suit, it would have meant the collapse of the US Dollar as the Reserve Currency of the World.

So we invaded his pathetic country, hauled him from his spider hole and hanged him.

Let this be a warning to anyone thinking of subverting the Reserve Currency of the World, even the Governor of the Reserve Bank of China.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm fine with all that too

Smile Saddam Hussein and the Emperor of Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I'm fine with all that too
    So are we.

That's why we invaded Iraq with you.

And under international law an occupying power is responsible for Law and Order. So we are directly responsible under international law for the apprehension, trial and hanging of Saddam Hussein.

And it is ironic that the only dignified person at his hanging was Saddam Hussein.

This is in stark contrast to the Emperor of Japan.

After the war we wanted to put the Emperor on trial for war crimes against humanity, just as we would have put the FĂĽhrer on trial. But for revolutionaries, the Americans have a peculiar reverence for Royalty, so they allowed this war criminal to remain on the Chrysanthemum Throne, against the strong wishes of their ally and against common decency.

Making plain to all of us that crime against the the Reserve Currency of the World, the USA Dollar, is more heinous than crimes against humanity.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm fine with that

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yeah... As long as other countries are okay with it, it doesn't really matter, right? The rules are different. Unless they change.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Smile God and the Reserve Currency

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yeah... As long as other countries are okay with it, it doesn't really matter, right? The rules are different. Unless they change.
    Yes, the USA will conquer rather than change. And why should they change? They are the light on the hill, the one exceptional country, a beacon of freedom and democracy under God.

Why, on every dollar bill of the Reserve Currency are printed the very words, "In God We Trust".

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    We could always give up on making these

but because they're so fantastically awesome, I have a feeling that's not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I get the distinct impression you didn't read the article at the link.
    Actually she has more of a point than the guy writing the article. Remember that in the Clinton years the US was actually running a surplus (a really significant one in fact). What happened since then?

Two wars
    Tax cuts
    Financial crisis

These things are really the source of the deficit. The guy writing the article says we are trouble right now, but he makes it sound like Medicare, Social Security and the rest of the "60%" are the cause. The spending on these things is not that much different than the Clinton administration. The main increase is from Medicare, but the increase here is nothing compared to the combined cost of the three items mentioned above. Furthermore our problems in the present have to do with all of the screw ups of the Bush administration, but the guy writing the article makes it seem like Obama is to blame.

On top of that the future is not so gloom and doom as people might make you think. The biggest problem in the future is from Medicare. (And I admit I don't know enough about the health care bill that was passed. For all I know the bill fixed some of those problems.) Social security is not actually a problem as far as bankrupting the country. For the past several years they have been gradually decreasing benefits. Social Security won't bankrupt us, but people might have to retire a few years later.

Overall though stuff like this is a huge overreaction designed to scare people. The problems are magnified and any blame that is due is put upon the wrong person.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Actually she has more of a point than the guy writing the article. Remember that in the Clinton years the US was actually running a surplus (a really significant one in fact).
    No, not really. That was bubble income, destined to pop... income at unsustainable levels.