User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    The only thing I support is changing the sizes of the bills so that it isn't impossible for the blind to determine what is what. Thats not a personal preference, as I like how neatly the bills stack. But there is necessity for it.
    Yeah, lets make money much more inconvenient for the overwhelmingly vast majority of people to handle for the sake of a small minority that has already demonstrated their capacity to operate within the existing framework. Lets also do away with the Red-Green-Yellow traffic lights for the sake of the color-blind.

I don't think that such proposals qualify as reasonable, much less necessary.

Why on earth do they want to re-design the currency right now, anyway? It hasn't been too long since they last changed it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

1. Colorblind people wouldn't be able to appreciate it at all. So I'm not a fan of the mono-color theme in each seperate bill.
    2. The thought of replacing Washington with ANYONE irks me.
    3. It takes a lot of fun out of money collecting from other countries to start making ours look like theirs. I liked our bland, busy design. It was horizontal for our wallets, and didn't make me feel like I was carrying a rainbow around in my pocket.
    4. I like the tribute it creates. There's a face on the front, something important on the back. They sorta covered their bases with that.. These bills just seem lacking. And fake. And.. ew.

It looks like someone on Project Runway did these. Not a fan.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I miss the loonie and twoonie. I keep getting fooled by seeing paper money in my wallet and believing I have at least a $5 bill for a substantial snack, only to find out it's only a buck.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I miss the loonie and twoonie. I keep getting fooled by seeing paper money in my wallet and believing I have at least a $5 bill for a substantial snack, only to find out it's only a buck.
    You can get dollar coins if you want them. I have about $50 in Millard Fillmore coins.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    3. It takes a lot of fun out of money collecting from other countries to start making ours look like theirs. I liked our bland, busy design. It was horizontal for our wallets, and didn't make me feel like I was carrying a rainbow around in my pocket.
    I like the fact that our money is bland, too. The green color gets to be symbolic and you don't feel bad about spending pretty pieces of paper.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    1. Colorblind people wouldn't be able to appreciate it at all. So I'm not a fan of the mono-color theme in each seperate bill.
    2. The thought of replacing Washington with ANYONE irks me.
    4. I like the tribute it creates. There's a face on the front, something important on the back. They sorta covered their bases with that.. These bills just seem lacking. And fake. And.. ew.

It looks like someone on Project Runway did these. Not a fan.
    Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel. I don't really see anything wrong with the current bills, though I like the new $20 and $100, etc. Most of these are stupid looking, and I really don't care for the Madison Avenue fonts. I like a little tradition on our currency.

And the Hollywood sign? SRSLY? Can we have our own dollar designs? I want Scooby Doo on mine!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    And the Hollywood sign? SRSLY? Can we have our own dollar designs? I want Scooby Doo on mine!
    ha -- yes, it's like personalized checks.

I found them interesting from an artistic POV (and maybe I should have just posted this thread over THERE, to get a less political response from people)... but I'm not sure these money designs give the sort of continuity and solidity people seem to appreciate especially with something that has historical and patriotic significance.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ha -- yes, it's like personalized checks.

I found them interesting from an artistic POV (and maybe I should have just posted this thread over THERE, to get a less political response from people)... but I'm not sure these money designs give the sort of continuity and solidity people seem to appreciate especially with something that has historical and patriotic significance.
    Yeah, I think that's my gut reaction. There are times when I like things to feel like they've always been there and will always be there. I like a feeling of history in certain situations, and changing up currency to remain with the times sort of rubs me the wrong way. I don't want Amelia Earhart instead of Benjamin Franklin on my bills, and I don't want some sort of spiffy sans serif on there, either. And get off my lawn!

But purely from a design perspective, there are some cool ones in there. I like the ones that mix the traditional with a little contemporary upgrade.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    the Euro doesn't have any faces on its bills, and I'm pretty sure any primarily Muslim nations wouldn't have faces on their bills.

Can anyone tell who the guy on the 5 is on #12?
    If you look at the original picture of it the names are printed on the bills. The 5 is John Muir.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The article started with the assumption that the currency needed redesigned, but it didn't explain why. Is it really that much harder to counterfeit something because it is a color other than green?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    The article started with the assumption that the currency needed redesigned, but it didn't explain why. Is it really that much harder to counterfeit something because it is a color other than green?
    The reasoning provided was that it will make people happier with spending money and help the economy. Wouldn't say I trust the claim.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil